• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best CC for Dubai Trip

xbbjdmg

TF Buzz
I am planning for a Dubai Trip in Aug last week with my family (2+1) and would like to explore best possible options wherein I can maximize CC rewards and also make the best utilization of my existing reward points?. Any help/guidance will be hugely appreciated.
My current card fleet and rewards:

1. HDFC DCB - 63000 Points
2. Magnus - approx. 50K ER's (expected to come by 10th Aug)
3. SBI Prime Vistara card - Approved and can arrive any moment
4. 11K Marriot Bonvoy Points

P.S: Open to apply other charge card if the joining benefits can be utilized effectively for this trip.

Thank you in advance!

Oscar

TF Premier
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I have heard that we can book Emirates using JAL (Japan Air), need to confirm with an experienced person.
I am not sure between Etihad, Emirates, and Vistara.
[Info from other source] Aeroplan, Qantas, JAL, all three allow you to book Emirates flights to Dubai, though miles requirement and taxes are high
Update: Revenue rates are typically better suited for Dubai flights.

Last edited:

sandz

TF Buzz
can u pls clear my one doubt..
In passport renewal process, is it ok if I am present at only one of my address ... permanent or current...
Or they expect you to be present at both places during police verification.
Verification would be in current address only. But if you have updated permanent address, am not sure.

captaintorchtm

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
When I had check the prices for bom London
Through points
They both had almost the same points requirement + 14 15k taxes.
I heard vistara takes less taxes
Yes. they have very high taxes while Vistara requires higher points and less tax. And Vistara is convinient to transfer. while Emirates, need to transfer to Aeroplan, JAL.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Found 3 options for the economy.
Emirates through Qantas with 15k pints and 6k tax(from Ahmedabad) / 20k pints and 6k tax(from Mumbai)
OR
Vistara through United with 25k points + 2.5k tax.
OR
Etihad guest, fly to Abu Dhabi and they provide bus to Dubai with 8-10k points + 6.5k tax from Mumbai

United:

1690309252253.png

Quantas:

1690309864465.png

Etihad:
1690309922649.png
Vistara on its own is 16k cb points per side. I booked this few weeks back for December. Pretty much nothing was available at that time.

Etihad seems pretty cheap for u. For me, it was showing 50k+. Is it allowing to go further till booking?

captaintorchtm

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Vistara on its own is 16k cb points per side. I booked this few weeks back for December. Pretty much nothing was available at that time.

Etihad seems pretty cheap for u. For me, it was showing 50k+. Is it allowing to go further till booking?
Yes. For a few dates, it's around 20k points and 12k tax for 2 people.
Vistara I haven't found anything below 20k points, maybe need to check a few different dates. seems Vistara getting inflated due to Magnus devaluation and a rush to redeem in the next 6-8 months.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Yes. For a few dates, it's around 20k points and 12k tax for 2 people.
Vistara I haven't found anything below 20k points, maybe need to check a few different dates. seems Vistara getting inflated due to Magnus devaluation and a rush to redeem in the next 6-8 months.
Vistara has fixed pricing of 16k for mum-dxb route for economy. If it is full, it will show business class price. Mostly u r checking from some other place. So it is adding connecting flight price too

xbbjdmg

TF Buzz
I have a query if I should buy Accor plus membership worth 15k first and then transfer my Axist edge rewards to book hotel through Accor app and get 20 percent discount? Is that possible? Or any better way to do this?
Trip is for 5-7 days in end of Aug. Thanks in advance!

adicard

TF Buzz
Fairmont and Sofitel can be booked through Accor reward points.
Edit: I might have misinterpreted the original post. I think Accor Plus membership is not available in Dubai/UAE but hotels can be booked using Accor ALL reward points. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Original message: Oh wow! I didn't know that most Accor hotels in Dubai cannot be booked using reward points. I planned to transfer most of my Magnus Edge rewards to Accor for booking the Swissotel Al Murooj early next year. How do I check which Accor hotels allow booking using points?

If I can't book hotels using points, I might consider booking flights instead and transferring them to an airline partner. But Accor points provide the best value per point.

Last edited: