• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Momo_Scooby

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I was using Axis Magnus as my main card and was getting each month milestone points on that for 1L spent and used those points on international flights and hotels.
But after evaluation, I moved my spent to Diners Black which is LTF, and in the last 4 months, I had spent around 9+Lakhs on that to be eligible for an Infinia card (no success as of now).

I am wondering what should be the best card for me, I like to collect points which I can redeem for hotels or flights and I am okay paying high Annual fees if we can milk those.
I have the below cards with me as of now, I will be closing a few of them, Just wanted to know what card I should go for.

And I do love getting the best airport lounge access

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Axis Magnus - Paid(10000) (credit limit 8.5 lakhs), my wife also has her own Magnus paid version
HDFC Diners Black - LTF (credit limit 6.95 lakhs)
SC Ultimate - Paid(5000) (credit limit 8.5 lakhs)
IndusInd Legend - LTF (credit limit 5 lakhs)
Axis Flipkart - LTF (credit limit 8.5 lakhs)
One Card Metal - LTF (credit limit 7 lakhs)
Axis Neo - LTF (credit limit 8.5 lakhs)
ICICI MMT Signature - One-Time Fee(2500) (credit limit 10 lakhs)
ICICI Amazon Pay - LTF (credit limit 10 lakhs)
ICICI Platinum - LTF (credit limit 10 lakhs)
Kotak League Platinum - Paid (499) (credit limit 10.5 lakhs)

moneynerd

TF Buzz
I was using Axis Magnus as my main card and was getting each month milestone points on that for 1L spent and used those points on international flights and hotels.
But after evaluation, I moved my spent to Diners Black which is LTF, and in the last 4 months, I had spent around 9+Lakhs on that to be eligible for an Infinia card (no success as of now).

I am wondering what should be the best card for me, I like to collect points which I can redeem for hotels or flights and I am okay paying high Annual fees if we can milk those.
I have the below cards with me as of now, I will be closing a few of them, Just wanted to know what card I should go for.

Axis Magnus - Paid(10000) (credit limit 8.5 lakhs), my wife also has her own Magnus paid version
magnus is definitely great for lounge access but reward rate devaluation has made it subpar in front of options like federal zero forex credit cards (amplifi is the name i guess) & icici coral

GBajaj

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge

Hi @Momo_Scooby ,
Sharing my experience as I was in the same boat wrt the Magnus. I found out about this Magnus card too late and had it for just 8 months before they announced devaluation. I knew it was too good to be true but managed to make hay whilst the sun was shining! ;)
Transfered 2+Lacs points to Accor and MB prior to the devaluation date at 5:4 and cancelled the card prior to the renewal time. (In hind sight, I should asked for a downgrade to Atlas as I realized later card closure affects the available credit /utilization metrics and Credit score. Nothing I needed to worry about but I would have tried out Atlas if they downgraded.
I was looking for a replacement for Magnus for the lifestyle and rewards benefits (I have other LTF cards from ICICI AP, IDFC Wealth and a supplementary HDFC Infinia from my wife).
Was looking for premium cards although I was not happy with any other cards that would suitably compliment the features of my existing cards.
Was considering the Axis Atlas but worried that Axis will continue its devaluation drive,
Received a lucrative offer from Amex for the Platinum Charge card upgrade from my existing Platinum Travel card. After the initial reaction mentally, I came around to the 60K+GST annual fee given all the lifestyle and travel benefits it offers (in addition to lucrative joining bonus). From your message it seems this card might be an option you should consider especially if you can get a lucrative joining bonus too.
I am going to try it out one year at least.
Best wishes.!

GBajaj

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Their higher variants are wealth and wealth private..
Wealth private requires a very high relationship value.
That results in Only Wealthy CC..
Have a look at this wealth CC.. I don’t think it directly competes with dcb/ infinia
Yes, Wealth CC reward rates are not comparable to Inifinia/DCB. Side note: IDFC's interface/online experience is so much better than HDFC!! IDFC is Gen Z vs HDFC is Milenial (pun) generation!! :)
As an LTF card, I find it is reasonable card with many unique benefits like free Road Side Assitance, no cap rewards on government/tax payments, offers that can get you >2.5% etc.

Last edited:

Riya

TF Ace

Whoaa!!! 80+ lakh limit.... You must be having hell of a credit score

Momo_Scooby

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi @Momo_Scooby ,
Sharing my experience as I was in the same boat wrt the Magnus. I found out about this Magnus card too late and had it for just 8 months before they announced devaluation. I knew it was too good to be true but managed to make hay whilst the sun was shining! ;)
Transfered 2+Lacs points to Accor and MB prior to the devaluation date at 5:4 and cancelled the card prior to the renewal time. (In hind sight, I should asked for a downgrade to Atlas as I realized later card closure affects the available credit /utilization metrics and Credit score. Nothing I needed to worry about but I would have tried out Atlas if they downgraded.
I was looking for a replacement for Magnus for the lifestyle and rewards benefits (I have other LTF cards from ICICI AP, IDFC Wealth and a supplementary HDFC Infinia from my wife).
Was looking for premium cards although I was not happy with any other cards that would suitably compliment the features of my existing cards.
Was considering the Axis Atlas but worried that Axis will continue its devaluation drive,
Received a lucrative offer from Amex for the Platinum Charge card upgrade from my existing Platinum Travel card. After the initial reaction mentally, I came around to the 60K+GST annual fee given all the lifestyle and travel benefits it offers (in addition to lucrative joining bonus). From your message it seems this card might be an option you should consider especially if you can get a lucrative joining bonus too.
I am going to try it out one year at least.
Best wishes.!
What joining bonus are we calling lucrative here? Can I get the said lucrative joining bonus for a fresh card as well?

GBajaj

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
What joining bonus are we calling lucrative here? Can I get the said lucrative joining bonus for a fresh card as well?
135K MR Points. Typically given to existing Amex holders. Fresh card may offer just 45K Taj vouchers (previously they gave option of 100K MR points. No more).

Momo_Scooby

TF Select
VIP Lounge
135K MR Points. Typically given to existing Amex holders. Fresh card may offer just 45K Taj vouchers (previously they gave option of 100K MR points. No more).
So for a fresh card Maex charge card doesn't make sense for me. just 45k taj voucher for 71k fee. 135K MR points are really good.