• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Momo_Scooby

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I was using Axis Magnus as my main card and was getting each month milestone points on that for 1L spent and used those points on international flights and hotels.
But after evaluation, I moved my spent to Diners Black which is LTF, and in the last 4 months, I had spent around 9+Lakhs on that to be eligible for an Infinia card (no success as of now).

I am wondering what should be the best card for me, I like to collect points which I can redeem for hotels or flights and I am okay paying high Annual fees if we can milk those.
I have the below cards with me as of now, I will be closing a few of them, Just wanted to know what card I should go for.

And I do love getting the best airport lounge access

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Axis Magnus - Paid(10000) (credit limit 8.5 lakhs), my wife also has her own Magnus paid version
HDFC Diners Black - LTF (credit limit 6.95 lakhs)
SC Ultimate - Paid(5000) (credit limit 8.5 lakhs)
IndusInd Legend - LTF (credit limit 5 lakhs)
Axis Flipkart - LTF (credit limit 8.5 lakhs)
One Card Metal - LTF (credit limit 7 lakhs)
Axis Neo - LTF (credit limit 8.5 lakhs)
ICICI MMT Signature - One-Time Fee(2500) (credit limit 10 lakhs)
ICICI Amazon Pay - LTF (credit limit 10 lakhs)
ICICI Platinum - LTF (credit limit 10 lakhs)
Kotak League Platinum - Paid (499) (credit limit 10.5 lakhs)

helloworld

TF Legend
Every month 1L, like travel and know about points redemption, plans for hotels/flights.

Direct option: AMEX Plat Charge or Reserve (if International spends)

Other options:

AMEX Plat Travel: 4L // for Taj
DCB: 4L
Ultimate: 4L //for excluded spends and for Taj or Marriott vouchers

If you don't need, actually you can close

FK, Neo, OneCard, MMT

and Upgrade ICICI Plat with Rubyx or Sapphiro LTF (check threads or contact them through mail or twitter)

Kotak with LTF zen or white (check threads in Kotak section)

moneynerd

TF Buzz
I was using Axis Magnus as my main card and was getting each month milestone points on that for 1L spent and used those points on international flights and hotels.
But after evaluation, I moved my spent to Diners Black which is LTF, and in the last 4 months, I had spent around 9+Lakhs on that to be eligible for an Infinia card (no success as of now).

I am wondering what should be the best card for me, I like to collect points which I can redeem for hotels or flights and I am okay paying high Annual fees if we can milk those.
I have the below cards with me as of now, I will be closing a few of them, Just wanted to know what card I should go for.

And I do love getting the best airport lounge access

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Axis Magnus - Paid(10000) (credit limit 8.5 lakhs), my wife also has her own Magnus paid version
HDFC Diners Black - LTF (credit limit 6.95 lakhs)
SC Ultimate - Paid(5000) (credit limit 8.5 lakhs)
IndusInd Legend - LTF (credit limit 5 lakhs)
Axis Flipkart - LTF (credit limit 8.5 lakhs)
One Card Metal - LTF (credit limit 7 lakhs)
Axis Neo - LTF (credit limit 8.5 lakhs)
ICICI MMT Signature - One-Time Fee(2500) (credit limit 10 lakhs)
ICICI Amazon Pay - LTF (credit limit 10 lakhs)
ICICI Platinum - LTF (credit limit 10 lakhs)
Kotak League Platinum - Paid (499) (credit limit 10.5 lakhs)
Have been using AMEX Platinum for a while now and I am happy with the travel benefits of the card, liunge access are anyway best for amex and magnus (even infinia for that matter). If you travel domestically then Axis Vistara is a good choice too, my husband got an add-on card for me and it works because I am a VIstara fan. I was also thinking about this credit card called Amplifi, offered by the Fi Money app. It is one of many cards form Federal bank but this caught my eye for the branded rewards - all brands we can actually use. Zomato, Uber, Myntra and the likes, not unheard of brands just fluffing up the rewards list. It has a 2k annual fee which looks tough, but you get vouchers for 4k in the first month so I thought I'll try for a year and see

Momo_Scooby

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Being a lover of the Rewards Points for travel and air miles, you are missing the Amex Trifecta - MRCC, Gold, and Plat Travel.
Along with that, You can include Axis Atlas and upgrade DCB to Infinia.
DCB is LTF, not sure if they will give Infinia as LTF one more thing is DCB has better lounge access than infinia, that is also one point actually.
Will learn about the Amex trifecta more.
Thanks a lot for all the help.

Momo_Scooby

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Every month 1L, like travel and know about points redemption, plans for hotels/flights.

Direct option: AMEX Plat Charge or Reserve (if International spends)

Other options:

AMEX Plat Travel: 4L // for Taj
DCB: 4L
Ultimate: 4L //for excluded spends and for Taj or Marriott vouchers

If you don't need, actually you can close

FK, Neo, OneCard, MMT

and Upgrade ICICI Plat with Rubyx or Sapphiro LTF (check threads or contact them through mail or twitter)

Kotak with LTF zen or white (check threads in Kotak section)
I never explored Amex Plat Charge or Reserve (my international is very very low, unless we travel abroad) because the Annual charge is very high, not sure if milking those charges is easy, but I will definitely explore this one.

The only reason "FK, Neo, OneCard, MMT" are not closed as those are LTF, that's it.

I can upgrade my ICICI Plat with Rubyx or Sapphiro LTF? will look for threads.

Momo_Scooby

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Have been using AMEX Platinum for a while now and I am happy with the travel benefits of the card, liunge access are anyway best for amex and magnus (even infinia for that matter). If you travel domestically then Axis Vistara is a good choice too, my husband got an add-on card for me and it works because I am a VIstara fan. I was also thinking about this credit card called Amplifi, offered by the Fi Money app. It is one of many cards form Federal bank but this caught my eye for the branded rewards - all brands we can actually use. Zomato, Uber, Myntra and the likes, not unheard of brands just fluffing up the rewards list. It has a 2k annual fee which looks tough, but you get vouchers for 4k in the first month so I thought I'll try for a year and see
I am just confused with this Vistara and Air India thing, so not sure if I should get a Vistara credit card. You are talking about Amex Platinum Travel or Charge?

FinoGuy

TF Ace
I never explored Amex Plat Charge or Reserve (my international is very very low, unless we travel abroad) because the Annual charge is very high, not sure if milking those charges is easy, but I will definitely explore this one.

The only reason "FK, Neo, OneCard, MMT" are not closed as those are LTF, that's it.

They'll upgrade to paid easily , but it won't be worth it then. Check beforehand to upgrade with ltf retained

nomad

TF Premier

If you are spending on travel and hotels a lot, even domestically, then the Plat Charge card could be good for you as you will get Membership benefits for a lot of Hotel chains and can look into the points transfer aspect as well.
To supplement getting those MRs, you can even take a lesser variant like MRCC to boost your MR points accrual.

Check but YMMV.

Also, if your salary is good, why not try for Magnus for Burgundy? There was a LTf offer running till last month

FinoGuy

TF Ace
If you are spending on travel and hotels a lot, even domestically, then the Plat Charge card could be good for you as you will get Membership benefits for a lot of Hotel chains and can look into the points transfer aspect as well.
To supplement getting those MRs, you can even take a lesser variant like MRCC to boost your MR points accrual.

Check but YMMV.

Also, if your salary is good, why not try for Magnus for Burgundy? There was a LTf offer running till last month
Magnus is very simple TnC card. As simple as this
4787947-a-mess-of-jumbled-up-tangled-electronic-wires.jpg

Momo_Scooby

TF Select
VIP Lounge
we don't qualify for burgundy on the individual level but do on the joint level (me and wife) but that will not be qualified hence, we have to close both the Magnus cards mine and hers.
I was hoping for 1 or 2 no-nonsense cards like old Magnus, which give good points (for Airline/Hotel) redemptions and best lounge access.

nomad

TF Premier
we don't qualify for burgundy on the individual level but do on the joint level (me and wife) but that will not be qualified hence, we have to close both the Magnus cards mine and hers.
I was hoping for 1 or 2 no-nonsense cards like old Magnus, which give good points (for Airline/Hotel) redemptions and best lounge access.
Maybe Axis Atlas for airlines?
Also, did you try for IDFC cards?

Momo_Scooby

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Maybe Axis Atlas for airlines?
Also, did you try for IDFC cards?
I had IDFC select for me and my wife, but don't see any benefit of those at that time so I closed both of ours, Not sure if they have launched some super premium cards which can compete with likes of Diners Black, Infinia, etc

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I had IDFC select for me and my wife, but don't see any benefit of those at that time so I closed both of ours, Not sure if they have launched some super premium cards which can compete with likes of Diners Black, Infinia, etc
Their higher variants are wealth and wealth private..
Wealth private requires a very high relationship value.
That results in Only Wealthy CC..
Have a look at this wealth CC.. I don’t think it directly competes with dcb/ infinia