• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Home Saver Loan

Finchamp!

TF Select
Hi all,

I am planning to port my regular Home Loan to some good Home Saver Loan (i.e. Loan + OD Facility), e.g. SBI Maxgain, BOB Home Advantage etc. Please guide me with what all options are available, and which one is best option (and why)?

Thnx!

Both are good. Key difference between Bob and SBI is that BOB issues a linked 0 interest savings account, while SBI makes your loan into an Overdraft with a reducing limit.
So in case of SBI , Your tenure is fixed while in case of BoB your tenure reduces if you make extra payments

Hi all,

I am planning to port my regular Home Loan to some good Home Saver Loan (i.e. Loan + OD Facility), e.g. SBI Maxgain, BOB Home Advantage etc. Please guide me with what all options are available, and which one is best option (and why)?

Thnx!
What interest rate are you getting bro? And your CIBIL? I might be planning a home loan in future and your inputs would be really helpful

Both are good. Key difference between Bob and SBI is that BOB issues a linked 0 interest savings account, while SBI makes your loan into an Overdraft with a reducing limit.
So in case of SBI , Your tenure is fixed while in case of BoB your tenure reduces if you make extra payments
So does that BOB Home Advantage in a better position?

So does that BOB Home Advantage in a better position?
It depends on what you want. If you want an ability to draw money that you have paid extra then SBI is better, while if you want to close the loan faster, than Bob is better.
That being said, in both cases you save on interest on the extra amount paid.
Depending on the size of your loan, both SBI and BoB will enroll you into their premium facility i.e. SBI Wealth and BoB Radiance

It depends on what you want. If you want an ability to draw money that you have paid extra then SBI is better, while if you want to close the loan faster, than Bob is better.
That being said, in both cases you save on interest on the extra amount paid.
Depending on the size of your loan, both SBI and BoB will enroll you into their premium facility i.e. SBI Wealth and BoB Radiance
Isn't withdrawing money in BoB also possible? Else we can close earlier in case of a regular HL as well

Isn't withdrawing money in BoB also possible? Else we can close earlier in case of a regular HL as well
Yes, it is possible to withdraw in BOB as the money is parked in the related savings.

If you want to pre-pay some loan amount, you can transfer it from savings to your loan account or request the branch to do the same. That amount can't be withdrawn, obviously, as it would be adjusted against the loan.

Yes. I have discussed with SBI - they are willing to offer 8.90 - 8.95%. I am yet to talk with BoB.

I do not have personal experience with SBI, but BOB has been good for me. Interest rates would be similar to those at SBI. No issues, plus, if your loan-related savings account meets Radiance criteria, it will be upgraded to the same. So there are additional benefits. You can refer to the below thread, I too have similar profile:

Yes, it is possible to withdraw in BOB as the money is parked in the related savings.

If you want to pre-pay some loan amount, you can transfer it from savings to your loan account or request the branch to do the same. That amount can't be withdrawn, obviously, as it would be adjusted against the loan.
How is it an OD based loan then? It's just a normal loan with a savings account separately

How is it an OD based loan then? It's just a normal loan with a savings account separately
It's not technically an OD loan but the functionality is same. Any balance that you have in the Savings account at EOD is reduced from the outstanding loan amount for interest calculation.

For example, if you have a 10L loan and you have a savings account balance of 4L from 1–15 August and a 2L balance from 16–31 August.
The interest would be calculated on 6L for the 1–15 Aug period + 8L for the 16–31 Aug period.

It's not technically an OD loan but the functionality is same. Any balance that you have in the Savings account at EOD is reduced from the outstanding loan amount for interest calculation.

For example, if you have a 10L loan and you have a savings account balance of 4L from 1–15 August and a 2L balance from 16–31 August.
The interest would be calculated on 6L for the 1–15 Aug period + 8L for the 16–31 Aug period.
Oh and we get savings interest as well?

Back