• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Home Saver Loan

Finchamp!

TF Select
Hi all,

I am planning to port my regular Home Loan to some good Home Saver Loan (i.e. Loan + OD Facility), e.g. SBI Maxgain, BOB Home Advantage etc. Please guide me with what all options are available, and which one is best option (and why)?

Thnx!

In an OD loan, any amount paid over and above the EMI due is adjusted towards the "outstanding balance" but remains available for withdrawal. This reduces the interest due and there reduces your monthly EMI. So all the extra money from you future EMIs also shows up as a withdrawable amount .
In case of linked savings account like BoB, the outstanding balance is always adjusted against the EMI , if the linked savings account has some balance, then the interest due reduces, so the EMI offsets the principal itself. This reduces the tenure of the loan since your principal is being paid at a faster rate.
So in short, in SBI , paying extra money lowers your EMI, while in BoB it reduces your loan tenure
Hope this clarifies!
P.S. - BoB is more competitive, if you are looking for a loan in NCR then I can refer you to the executive who sanctioned my loan

In an OD loan, any amount paid over and above the EMI due is adjusted towards the "outstanding balance" but remains available for withdrawal. This reduces the interest due and there reduces your monthly EMI. So all the extra money from you future EMIs also shows up as a withdrawable amount .
In case of linked savings account like BoB, the outstanding balance is always adjusted against the EMI , if the linked savings account has some balance, then the interest due reduces, so the EMI offsets the principal itself. This reduces the tenure of the loan since your principal is being paid at a faster rate.
So in short, in SBI , paying extra money lowers your EMI, while in BoB it reduces your loan tenure
Hope this clarifies!
P.S. - BoB is more competitive, if you are looking for a loan in NCR then I can refer you to the executive who sanctioned my loan
If you withdraw again from BoB, the tenure increases again?

I availed a home loan of 85 lakhs in June'24 from LIC HFL and paid 2 EMIs of 68k already. Term is 25 yrs (300 EMIs) @8.5% rate now... I am also doing SIP with an amount of 10K per month...

What should i do now? can someone suggest with the benefit calculation....

1) Continue SIP or

2) Pre-payment of 1.2 Lakhs (10k * 12 months) to the home loan... (As per t&cs, 8.5 lakhs (10%) can prepaid per year)

It depends on what you want. If you want an ability to draw money that you have paid extra then SBI is better, while if you want to close the loan faster, than Bob is better.
That being said, in both cases you save on interest on the extra amount paid.
Depending on the size of your loan, both SBI and BoB will enroll you into their premium facility i.e. SBI Wealth and BoB Radiance
Do SBI offer any premium facility for having regular home loan?

i am having SBI Maxgain from last 15+ yrs and it is a great product. Taking loan from SBI guarantee that property papers are genuine and no fake deal.
In addition, I am using this OD fund as my liquid fund. Rest money is invested in Stocks/SIPs. So having OD account, fulfil having liquidity too. No need to maintain separate account for same.

Back