• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Laptop under 35k for Student

I've upgraded ram & storage and it feels like butter.
I did exactly the same and running like buttter butter smooth and I am sure this will last another 5 to 10 years or unitl MS stops supporting the CPUs.
I run dula Monitor set up ..

@SSV exactly said, I'm also using Lenovo (2021 IdeaPad Gaming model) I've upgraded ram & storage and it feels like butter.
Sometimes their website prices are better than Amazon/Flipkart plus one can custom build hardware (similar to macbook).

I did exactly the same and running like buttter butter smooth and I am sure this will last another 5 to 10 years or unitl MS stops supporting the CPUs.
I run dula Monitor set up ..

Here it is

1721588216607.webp

Last edited:
Here it is, my 12 year old asus k55v laptop running windows 11..
My back up laptop..
Upgraded, to SSD, WIFI adapter etc

WIndows 11 is not supported on this chipset (12 year old i7), but I made it work.. Its going well but not as smooth as Lenovo..

1721587673465.webp

Last edited:
Here it is, my 12 year old asus k55v laptop running windows 11..
My back up laptop..
Upgraded, to SSD, WIFI adapter etc

WIndows 11 is not supported on this chipset (12 year old i7), but I made it work.. Its going well but not as smooth as Lenovo..
I have a Vaio laptop (from 2013 came with Win 8), did similar to yours. I've upgraded its ram, but I've kept it at Win 10 (as 11 takes more resources) and surprisingly it's still performing good. 😄

Old machines were pure gem.

What about hp laptops? I thought they're the best
They were projected as "best" (usual soft-power and marketing of US).

There's a film named Rocket Singh which indirectly shows how these big tech companies earn billions of profits every year by almost doing nothing but marketing.

Until 2018-19 Intel was doing the same, but AMD has forced it to release better processors every year than it's predecessor (as a result consumers noticed a massive 40-50% jump in improvement, earlier it was only 2-5%)

I still remember how US was blocking market access of Lenovo legion in 2021-22 as legion was equipped with much better hardware at low price than their so-called Omen, Alienware, Razor etc.

Look at how I bought my lenov about 2 years ago.. and how cheap I bought it for..
the whole purpose of bargain hunting should be like this..

Still i5 with 16 GB RAM and 512 NVME SSD is really great at 34.5k price point..

Back