• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Mutual Funds in India

jade

TF Premier
Do you people agree with the below list? What according to you are the best funds and where have you invested?

Large Cap Funds
1. Canara Robeco Bluechip Equity Fund
2. ICICI Prudential Bluechip Fund

Flexi Cap Funds
1. Parag Parikh Flexi Cap
2. HDFC Flexi Cap

Mid Cap Funds
1. Kotak Emerging Equity Fund
2. SBI Magnum Mid Cap

Small Cap
1. Nippon India Small Cap
2. Axis Small Cap Fund

Value Funds
1. ICICI Prudential Value Discovery
2. SBI Contra

Focused Funds
1. SBI Focused Fund
2. Franklin India Focused Equity

ELSS Funds
1. Mirae Asset Tax Saver
2. Kotak Tax Saver

Tech Funds
1. ICICI Prudential Technology
2. Tata Digital India Fund

Astraea

TF Premier
Do you people agree with the below list? What according to you are the best funds and where have you invested?

Large Cap Funds

Flexi Cap Funds
2. HDFC Flexi Cap

Mid Cap Funds
2. SBI Magnum Mid Cap

Small Cap
2. Axis Small Cap Fund

Value Funds
2. SBI Contra

Focused Funds
1. SBI Focused Fund

ELSS Funds
1. Mirae Asset Tax Saver
2. Kotak Tax Saver

Tech Funds
Consider: Quant Small Cap Fund it has out performed the average benchmark every year.

HDFC flexicap fund has 1% expenses ratio which is quite high

jade

TF Premier
Too many mutual funds I guess for a portfolio.
It is not my portfolio, but the best funds in a category. My portfolio consists of 5 funds. 4 equity and 1 debt.

1. Parag Parikh Flexicap
2. Mirae Asset Tax Saver
3. Kotak Emerging Equity Fund
4. Axis Small Cap Fund.
5. ICICI Short Term Debt Fund

Reactions: SSV

Priya Karam

TF Buzz
Banker

Large Cap Funds

Flexi Cap Funds
2. HDFC Flexi Cap

Mid Cap Funds
2. SBI Magnum Mid Cap

Small Cap
2. Axis Small Cap Fund

Value Funds
2. SBI Contra

Focused Funds
1. SBI Focused Fund

ELSS Funds
1. Mirae Asset Tax Saver
2. Kotak Tax Saver

Tech Funds
Hi,
I think I would be able to help you out on this since I am working with axis bank in premium segment and I am in contact with different teams like Mutual Fund, Deposits, Loan, RM, etc. Let me have your number so that I can share the insights with you regarding your MF query post discussion with the concerned person.

shashank08

TF Premier

Large Cap Funds

Flexi Cap Funds
2. HDFC Flexi Cap

Mid Cap Funds
2. SBI Magnum Mid Cap

Small Cap
2. Axis Small Cap Fund

Value Funds
2. SBI Contra

Focused Funds
1. SBI Focused Fund

ELSS Funds
1. Mirae Asset Tax Saver
2. Kotak Tax Saver

Tech Funds
Good list to start with.
Probably you have missed "large and mid cap" category fund.
Mirae assets emerging bluechip is also one of best performing fund in long term.

Smallcap - Axis smallcap is underperforming since long time so if someone can withstand with volatility (which is one of the inherent attribute of smallcap funds) then quant mutual funds are also good options from smallcap category. Another good fund is SBI smallcap which can also be considered.
Most of the funds from Axis MF are underperforming since that last front running Fiasco.
In largecap.. Nippon largecap can also be good choice.

One should look at if fund is beating its category and benchmark consistently.
No fund going to remain at top position for every year but consistency with position in first quartile for most of the years are very important aspects.

PS: people should not look this post as MF recommendations but just look at it as guiding post as we are not SEBI registered RIAs so we can't recommend MF. So just a disclaimer. 😁😁

crazyuploader

TF Premier
Good list to start with.
Probably you have missed "large and mid cap" category fund.
Mirae assets emerging bluechip is also one of best performing fund in long term.

Smallcap - Axis smallcap is underperforming since long time so if someone can withstand with volatility (which is one of the inherent attribute of smallcap funds) then quant mutual funds are also good options from smallcap category. Another good fund is SBI smallcap which can also be considered.
Most of the funds from Axis MF are underperforming since that last front running Fiasco.
In largecap.. Nippon largecap can also be good choice.

One should look at if fund is beating its category and benchmark consistently.
No fund going to remain at top position for every year but consistency with position in first quartile for most of the years are very important aspects.

PS: people should not look this post as MF recommendations but just look at it as guiding post as we are not SEBI registered RIAs so we can't recommend MF. So just a disclaimer. 😁😁
Typically, in different categories, how many MFs should be, okay?

crazyuploader

TF Premier
How many mutual funds is very subjective and totally depends on what corpus you want to invest.
Someone who wants to invest 10K should start with 2-3 funds and IMO one should not go beyond 6 MF schemes.
Thanks for your info, I started few SIPs back then and ended up in 3-4, that's why I asked

Reactions: SSV

crazyuploader

TF Premier
What schemes have you started with and how is the distribution?
I started with Quant Small Cap Fund - Direct Plan, a month later invested in Parag Parikh Flexi Cap Fund - Direct Plan. Initially I think I had 2-2.5K SIP in both in Fi app, later pumped few lumpsum amount as well. Though, after few months my salary stopped coming and so did my MFs, good thing I didn't redeem when I am in survival mode

But in any case, with my selection, I would be honest and admit it was indeed good return, but I've realized that I better need to have balance things out and not put everything in equity, or small cap, but again, in my case, I didn't get much time to invest, will start properly once I am financially sound once again.

Rahul92

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Which platform you guys are using for these investments ?
1. Bank apps
2. Dedicated apps like coin,etmoney, moneyfy
3. Agents / offline
4. Others

shashank08

TF Premier
I started with Quant Small Cap Fund - Direct Plan, a month later invested in Parag Parikh Flexi Cap Fund - Direct Plan. Initially I think I had 2-2.5K SIP in both in Fi app, later pumped few lumpsum amount as well. Though, after few months my salary stopped coming and so did my MFs, good thing I didn't redeem when I am in survival mode

But in any case, with my selection, I would be honest and admit it was indeed good return, but I've realized that I better need to have balance things out and not put everything in equity, or small cap, but again, in my case, I didn't get much time to invest, will start properly once I am financially sound once again.
I wish you good time very soon so you can restart investment as soon as possible.
One can include following :

one Large and mid cap fund (recently lots of largecap and midcap funds were not able to beat their benchmark and category so better to go with Large and midcap instead of standalone large cap pr midcap)
One or two flexicap (Reason of going with 2 is - flexicap can invest across the market caps so 2 flexicaps can have very different portfolio. So a person can choose 2 flexicaps with low overlap). 2 if corpus is large.
One or two smallcap (similar reason as flexicap as universe of smallcap is large and 2 smallcap funds can have very different portfolio)
One multicap if corpus is large.

Ratio per category can be decided as per one's risk taking ability and time horizon.

prc1990

TF Ace
In Large Cap category, why not to go with an index fund instead of an actively managed fund with higher expense ratio?

shashank08

TF Premier
In Large Cap category, why not to go with an index fund instead of an actively managed fund with higher expense ratio?
Yes but again aim is to beat the benchmark and category average and index fund can never beat benchmark.
So put a tadka of midcap and instead of pure largecap one can go for large and midcap as most of the large and midcaps are largecap biased but can give a better return.