• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best place for Baht conversion

PSY

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi all, I need to convert ₹2 lakh to Baht for upcoming family trip. I have few queries:
1. Which is the ideal way to go about it ? Should I convert to USD here and then convert to Baht in Thailand? Or directly convert to Baht here itself?
2. Which is the best place for this conversion? I am in Bangalore now.

I am not sure of Bangalore, but in Thailand you can directly pay with rupees in most of the places. If you wish to load any Forex cards then Niyo global works well. Even card payments are accepted in Thailand where in you can swipe well.

If you are looking to convert 2L INR cash to Baht try some offline forex agents they can do it for you.

I am not sure of Bangalore, but in Thailand you can directly pay with rupees in most of the places. If you wish to load any Forex cards then Niyo global works well. Even card payments are accepted in Thailand where in you can swipe well.

If you are looking to convert 2L INR cash to Baht try some offline forex agents they can do it for you.
Thanks for detailed response.

What are the conversion charges there? Is it very high compared with forex agents ?

Also, I have Infinia and Atlas. Should I directly use that there instead of converting?
For HDFC there a Forex program called HDFC Global Value Program. You can go through the below link for that.

Hi all, I need to convert ₹2 lakh to Baht for upcoming family trip. I have few queries:
1. Which is the ideal way to go about it ? Should I convert to USD here and then convert to Baht in Thailand? Or directly convert to Baht here itself?
Take somewhat around 50K cash in Baht from Orient Exchange. You will need cash for some places.
Cards will work at hotels and major places only.

homer simpson love GIF

Yummy Bath Conversations :drooling-face:

Buy USD and convert Baht at Vasu Exchange Sukhumvit Soi 7 or Super rich Money exchange.

Just buy 10000 Baht from India for basic travel expenses

Last edited:
convert Baht at Vasu Exchange Sukhumvit Soi 7 or Super rich Money exchange.
+1
Vasu and Superrich offer the best rates. Superrich is available in multiple places across Thailand. But try to exchange money during the bank working hours. The rates go down immediately after banks close.

CC works in the majority of places and Atlas can give you good returns for direct hotel spends.

@PSY

Most preferred option is CC
Eterna gives 3.75% in cash reward on a 2% forex, effective return in 1.41%
or RBL World safari CC has 0% forex with no rewards.
Would love to have both cards in my card portfolio.

- RBL is not serviceable at my location and
- For some reason BOB is not providing me card which I am unable to track. Every time application will be in processing they will ask some random docs and application will be closed after stipulated time.

I converted to USD here at Thomas cook ( dint have much time to go for forex agents that provide better exchange rates ) and then just converted the USD to baht when needed. Try to get USD as 100$ bills since they have better value than lower denomination bills.

INR>USD>TBH will actually get you a little more baht the more you convert. I got around 300 Baht extra by doing this conversion.

Like others suggested, go for super rich which is one of the best for currency conversion. Try to avoid converting at the airport as much as possible. I basically converted my first 100 USD to baht at the airport so I can get a sim card , food and other stuff as I dint have any good CC with me. I did my trip in November and I enjoyed it to the core. Planned and organized everything myself and it's the most fun I've ever had.

I converted to USD here at Thomas cook ( dint have much time to go for forex agents that provide better exchange rates ) and then just converted the USD to baht when needed. Try to get USD as 100$ bills since they have better value than lower denomination bills.

INR>USD>TBH will actually get you a little more baht the more you convert. I got around 300 Baht extra by doing this conversion.

Like others suggested, go for super rich which is one of the best for currency conversion. Try to avoid converting at the airport as much as possible. I basically converted my first 100 USD to baht at the airport so I can get a sim card , food and other stuff as I dint have any good CC with me. I did my trip in November and I enjoyed it to the core. Planned and organized everything myself and it's the most fun I've ever had.
If possible please DM your itinerary , thanks

Back