• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Savings account for 2 lac AMB/AQB

R!ppEr

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hey guys, can you please suggest the best Savings account for a 2 lac mab or aqb? Already have an axis priority account so anything apart from it would be helpful!
Thanks

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I'll give you my honest view. In my family we have dealt with the top tier accounts of Axis , Kotak, ICICI and HDFC. More or less they are the same. ICICI services are slightly better but there offering aren't attractive.

I would suggest you to take a plunge and open an account in one of the banks. They are mostly same. If you are dissatisfied, then just change to another bank. You can also consider IDFC Wealth but they are a newer bank comparatively.

This is important since their service is highly dependent on staff and can vary from branch to branch.

Give them a chance to serve you and if you are dissatisfied then take your business away from them. All the best 👍
Across these 4 top banks, which one you find the best in terms of service/support?

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
In my locality in central Mumbai,
ICICI : good service / poor offerings
HDFC : very rigid / keep spamming with useless offers
Axis : good online presence & products / no privileged branch level service
Kotak : services are fairly good / offerings not as good as axis but good branch support in terms of RM / BM.
Thanks, I am in Powai area

ICICI : same as you, except recent (WM) downgrade experience
HDFC : good Imperia RM, no sales spam etc
Axis : useless Burgundy RM

Kotak, didn't try as heard not so good things. Will explore them now

kshitij_0

TF Ace
If there is any HDFC bank branch recently opened in your area or proximity try visiting them, they will be waiting for targets to be achieved and they can provide additional benefits on request. But be ware they will also try to cross sell.
Yes Bank has come recently in my area. What can I ask from them which is worth asking? I don't have any relationships with them.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Yes Bank has come recently in my area
Very unfortuante.. Either you move away from your current place or don't go near 'the bank when you are commuting in your area..
Just because they come near to you, you don't need to go near them... ;) ;)

What can I ask from them which is worth asking

No need to talk to them, hence nothing is worth asking them...

I don't have any relationships with them
Good on you... Better to keep the status -quo....

Jokes aside,
In the finance world ... don't ever deal with any entity which was deeply troubled in the past or present.. These types of entities had proven that they were incapable of running a successful enterprise( whatever the reason is)... There is a more chance they would prove it again , Very rarely there are turn around stories in the market..
We have plenty of options out there... We need to deal with good money... Mental peace is more imortant than anything...
This is my general line of thinking...

Last edited: