• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best Savings account with MAB 10K (Metro)

Extrovert🌃

TF Select
Hello there!!!

Hope you are doing fine,

I'm looking for a savings account from a traditional bank with low service/maintanence cost and good digi banking infra. & Also ability to get good offers on debit card txns too..

I'm looking @ Axis easy access savings account but the charges are raining like crazy on that. So your suggestion would be valuable...

Thanksss

chacks18

TF Select
Hello there!!!

Hope you are doing fine,

I'm looking for a savings account from a traditional bank with low service/maintanence cost and good digi banking infra. & Also ability to get good offers on debit card txns too..

I'm looking @ Axis easy access savings account but the charges are raining like crazy on that. So your suggestion would be valuable...

Thanksss
TBH, I opened IDFC 10K account only to get pre-approved credit card offer, which I got within just 4 months. Also that's my first ever unsecured credit card.
But later I was so damn impressed with their customer service, as the executives are actually remarkably smart and very professional. I'm yet to see any disadvantage for using this account. Also converted it into Zerodha 3 in 1 account (No such special extra benefits for it but still). I had my best ever banking experience with this bank. And I'm sure anyone would be pleased to have such kinda banking experience. I'm personally loving it and would definitely recommend it to everyone.

Last edited:

Extrovert🌃

TF Select
TBH, I opened IDFC 10K account only to get pre-approved credit card offer, which I got within just 4 months. Also that's my first ever unsecured credit card.
But later I was so damn impressed with their customer service, as the executives are actually remarkably smart and very professional. I'm yet to see any disadvantage for using this account. Also converted it into Zerodha 3 in 1 account (No such special extra benefits for it but still). I had my best ever banking experience with this bank. And I'm sure anyone would be pleased to have such kinda banking experience. I'm personally loving it and would definitely recommend it to everyone.
Same reason , for pre approved Credit card. Already opened this account today...

Btw what's the procedure for CC ?

Thanks...

Finally hunt ends 😊

hriday.haria

TF Premier
Hello there!!!

Hope you are doing fine,

Thanksss
I have had a good experience too with IDFC First Bank in terms of Core Banking, so +1 for 10k IDFC Savings Account.

mukundstud

TF Premier
Like everyone else in this thread, I would also recommend IDFC 10k account if you do not visit its branches much. Its branch network is not very extensive, but its customer care experience is great. The behaviour of branch staff is also satisfactory, though not as friendly as its customer care executives. I opened a 10k account in 2021 January because of its 7% interest rate. In 2 months, they reduced it to 6%, but I was fine with it. But in May, they drastically reduced it to 4-5% which shocked me a lot. Still, I am continuing with the account and doing a lot of transactions through it. I have NOT been offered a pre approved CC till now, but I have been given IDFC Select Debit card which has perks like 2+2 Airport lounge per quarter, 1 year Amazon Prime membership, 1+1 movie ticket on BMS through Visa Infinite programme etc. IDFC select wealth programme also pre qualifies you for IDFC Select CC, for which I am thinking of contacting my branch once my existing high limit CC becomes at least 6 months old.

mukundstud

TF Premier
Even 4-5% interest rate is competitive compared to other banks nowadays.
Yes, but the advent of P2P apps like Cred Mint and 12% Club which give 9-12% interest on daily basis nudge the customer to park his excess funds into their account instead of bank account. I personally used Cred Mint initially, then shifted to 12% club since investment and withdrawal from 12% club is instant. It also gives 12% interest. It also seems safer than stocks as it diversifies your investment to multiple borrowers. I personally monitored their NPAs published on their website and their performance was satisfactory. I have a rule that the NPA of P2P Lender must be below 5% for me to safely invest in it. So even if IDFCs interest rate is greater than other major banks, it is still much less than 12% club. But 7% interest rate of IDFC could have convinced me to park my excess funds into its account as IDFC is still much safer than P2P apps.

Extrovert🌃

TF Select
IDFC is the Best banking exp I've seen till date (for a economical basic customer account) , their customer care is super sweet and helpful but bank employees not soo much, with 24 hours of account being opened, even before KYC Baking kit got dispatched... Impressive till now let's see how it goes....

alanabraham

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Like everyone else in this thread, I would also recommend IDFC 10k account if you do not visit its branches much. Its branch network is not very extensive, but its customer care experience is great. The behaviour of branch staff is also satisfactory, though not as friendly as its customer care executives. I opened a 10k account in 2021 January because of its 7% interest rate. In 2 months, they reduced it to 6%, but I was fine with it. But in May, they drastically reduced it to 4-5% which shocked me a lot. Still, I am continuing with the account and doing a lot of transactions through it. I have NOT been offered a pre approved CC till now, but I have been given IDFC Select Debit card which has perks like 2+2 Airport lounge per quarter, 1 year Amazon Prime membership, 1+1 movie ticket on BMS through Visa Infinite programme etc. IDFC select wealth programme also pre qualifies you for IDFC Select CC, for which I am thinking of contacting my branch once my existing high limit CC becomes at least 6 months old.
@mukundstud
What was the AMB you where keeping before you got Select program invite? Also your branch location? You got it as pre-approved or you made a request for Select program?

mukundstud

TF Premier
My AMB hovered around 3 Lakhs for about 3-4 months after I opened the account. Then I started decreasing my AMB as IDFC started slashing its interest rates. Since July, I have not been maintaining more than 50k in my account. I got pre approved Select Membership after an year. I didn't apply for it.

raj007

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
How long after account opening you got CC? and do they approach you or you've to keep applying every few months or how is it?
I have idfc 10k savings account. After 3-4 months I got pre approved cc. I was eligible for Millennia or Classic. I took Classic.
But u know I hardly use idfc cc because I'm getting more rewards on other cards.

tuhin

TF Premier
Hello there!!!

Hope you are doing fine,

Thanksss
Avoid Axis Bank. They are very notorious to charge you. They even recovered CREDIT CARD SMS ALERT as a chargeable one from SB Account without customer's consent. If you ask your branch to refund the same, they will defend such wrong deductions smartly. Don't go there.

tuhin

TF Premier
Most banks have SMS alerts as chargeable, that's nothing new for Axis bank.
But those are SB Account & Associated Fd Account related. There is no bank in India who is recovering Credit Card alert charges. These services are free as per RBI Guidelines. Similarly, if you have some loan account, those alerts are free basically. Axis is charging those alerts without any public declaration. These are violating RBI norms.

Souvik

TF Premier
Continuing with the earlier discussion of the thread, I tried to open a IDFC Savings account online last month, during account opening it does suggest you credit cards depending on your PAN.

However nowadays, you can opt for a credit card application online without a savings account.

Note: Wealth and other premium savings accounts are not available to be opened online. Wealth Credit card was also not available online to opt for.