• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best use of credit card

rakesh43

TF Buzz
What is the best use of credit card that you have done?
I did read that people used to take credit cards for referral amount, cashback amounts, but these are all small small amounts. Is there any other way you have used credit cards? Like may be to avoid education loan, housing loan, personal loan, or for purchasing plots, apartments?

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I did read that people used to take credit cards for referral amount, cashback amounts, but these are all small small amounts. Is there any other way you have used credit cards? Like may be to avoid education loan, housing loan, personal loan, or for purchasing plots, apartments?
CC s are primarily designed for meeting working capital requirements but not for Capital assets acquisition..

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Tata Housing projects can be purchased using credit cards
I am not saying you can’t do that.. but their primary purpose is to meet our monthly running expenses. If they allow you could do that.
Generally, for such a long term , big amount purchases . If we use CC s , if we miss any payment during that long time , the interest charges are much heavier..
If we are very well disciplined, we could take it provided they allow

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Having said that, I have read that people here made CC payments for their Car purchases

D₹V

TF Prestige
15k limit me kuch kharida bhi ja sakta hai kya???

They were designed primarily to ELIMINATE THE NEED TO CARRY CASH.

All other things evolved over time. Rewards, discounts, EMIs, Limits, Offers, pre-Approved, card-2-card, online, offline, paperless, physical, virtual, secured, unsecured, NFC, chip-based, with number n without numbers, with n without CVVs, with n without OTPs.......

Ankur dhanda

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Putting my entire marriage expenses on CC got me enough points for domestic travel every month to meet my wife for three years, six years back (Pursuing Her post graduation in a different city) plus redemptions for honeymoon. Saved lakhs with them.
Down payment for property/ renovation of entire house/ buying a car/ a big purchase on no cost emi.
CC are Not a replacement for loan as otherwise interest charges are very high.
But they have become a part of day to day expenses big or small.

When transferred from HYD to DEL, would you use your Maruti 800 for shifting your entire stuff or engage a truck ?

Both will work. But, both work differently for that work.

CCs are meant for maintenance (a la working capital) and not like term loans.

There are nearly 200 banking products. All are not same nor are created for meeting one purpose. Suitable product should be used for specific purpose so that you get the best out of that product.

bsc0008

TF Select
Contributor
How does one avoid a long term loan with a credit card ?!!!

A major advantage of credit cards is using for medical emergencies.
I second this. During Covid19 and before that for another medical emergency only the credit cards saved me. Simply went to the best doctor's in the city without worrying about cost of treatment & whether they're in network or out of network.
One other way I see the card is for making our lives easier during travel (no need to carry cash, theft protection, etc).

cardio_guy

TF Ace
For me, it's good to have a 40-50 day credit period. Here's an example: I have a credit card with a limit of 1.5L. Once, I used it to make a payment of Rs 55000 on the first day after the bill was generated. I had a full 50 days to repay. It's like having free cash for almost 50 days, plus the cashback and other rewards. This is the best way to make good use of the card.

Another way to use it is by giving it to someone in need if we're not using any benefits like the B1G1 movie offer. We can get money from them and our friends and family can enjoy movies at cheap rates, ensuring the benefits don't go unused.