• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best way to buy Apple product > 1lakh?

cardoptimizer

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Looking to buy Ipad Pro costing 1.2lakh. Not much difference between US rates (Post tax) and Indian rates. (10k difference only) so thinking to buy in India only.

Got couple of cards - Axis Magnus, HDFC diners black, HDFC Millennia, ICICI Sapphiro, ICICI Amazon Pay, Amex MRCC.

What are ways to maximize points/cashback?
1. Buy 50k Amazon shopping voucher via Magnus and 15k Amazon Shopping voucher via HDFC Diners black and pay rest with Axis Magnus to reach 1lakh milestone
2. Any offer on AMEX MRCC or Millennia?
3. Any other offer?

Have you looked at this article ... It says that if you purchase apple products from smart buy or affiliates like imaginestore, you get the rewards points as well as the accelarated reward points ... and the capping is only for the accelerated points and not the base points...
can someone confirm this ... For infinia is the daily cap of 7500 only on accel points or total points ????

Now if you look into the terms and conditions on the website, it says that the limit is on total reward points ... Can anyone confirm ???

Logically it will be for Accelerated points per day, so that you don't earn more in a day.

With Amazon 5X earlier, people were getting 15k RP just like that when they any mobile(which costs upward of 75k-100k)

They curbed this practice and later Amazon itself pulled out from all these offers (from smartbuy 5x and other partners)

Best is if you have Magnus card of AXIS, go and utilize from it, as they don't have such Caps(RP and Accelerated RP of GYFT vouchers) and no need keep worrying like this.

Logically it will be for Accelerated points per day, so that you don't earn more in a day.

With Amazon 5X earlier, people were getting 15k RP just like that when they any mobile(which costs upward of 75k-100k)

They curbed this practice and later Amazon itself pulled out from all these offers (from smartbuy 5x and other partners)

Best is if you have Magnus card of AXIS, go and utilize from it, as they don't have such Caps(RP and Accelerated RP of GYFT vouchers) and no need keep worrying like this.
I don't have a magnus, but i have Infinia, i am just considering what is the best way to purchase iphone or macbook for me ...

is there any way we can contact HDFC to understand this better , i mean is there a customer service number to understand the reward points ?
True as @Wealth is my birth right! said, CC won't even know these details, until unless you get the right person who knows all these buzz words RP, Aceelerated RP, Smartbuy, Smartbuy EMI etc.

Try reaching out to Smartbuy and see if they can give a breakdown of the item and the itemized payment details for 6month Smart EMI + GST

So you know what you are getting into. No Cost EMI is trap only, you will end up paying more. Only savior can be the initial discount you get like 4k-6k you might loose in that extra outflows.

But if RP+ accelerated RP works in your favor monthly in this Smart EMI scheme, then that will be good for sure.

True as @Wealth is my birth right! said, CC won't even know these details, until unless you get the right person who knows all these buzz words RP, Aceelerated RP, Smartbuy, Smartbuy EMI etc.

Try reaching out to Smartbuy and see if they can give a breakdown of the item and the itemized payment details for 6month Smart EMI + GST

So you know what you are getting into. No Cost EMI is trap only, you will end up paying more. Only savior can be the initial discount you get like 4k-6k you might loose in that extra outflows.

But if RP+ accelerated RP works in your favor monthly in this Smart EMI scheme, then that will be good for sure.
seems to have got in touch with someone who probably knows what i am talking about, will update what he says ...

See, I hold Infinia so I will tell you my process of buying a 2 lakh product from Amazon.

Accumulate Amazon shopping vouchers every month as much as you can. Gfytr gives me 16.5% value back on purchase of Rs 45000 Amazon shopping vouchers in one go on infinia.

I can purchase rs90000 vouchers per month because after that excellerated reward points won't be given in infinia.

So in 3 months, I Wil have Rs 2.7 lakh Amazon shopping vouchers.

Anything I purchase now on Amazon using these vouchers will give me 16.5% base rewards.

If you can get higher rewards on other cards like converting base rewards to airline/hotels then that is extra bonus.

Now further, if you have a business then show the purchase as business expense to get deduction in taxable income.

Even further, sell the product at 30% cost value after 5 years to make some profit out of it.
Can you please clarify the daily cap on SmartBuy which is 7500 points, is that for bonus or regular+bonus?

I remember earlier posts mentioning that it is just for bonus so you can spend up to some 56K to hit that limit(for 5X partners). However, someone also says that 7500 includes normal rewards so the daily limit is not 56K but 45K. So let’s say you spend 50K, you will get 7500 reward points for 45K, and for the remaining 5K INR value, you will get 1X points which are 166 points

seems to have got in touch with someone who probably knows what i am talking about, will update what he says ...
So this is the conclusion:

1. The daily and monthly capping is only on the accel reward points, the base points have no cap irrespective of smart buy or not..

2. The SMART EMI will also issue Reward points and accel reward points with the same daily and monthly limits but only if purchased for certain products on the Smartbuy Imagine store ...

so if you plan to purchase any apple product on smartbuy imagine store more than 60k ...SMART EMI seems like the best way to maximize your accel reward point accumulation without hitting the caps...

Or if you have the foresight and patience, purchasing the apply voucher thing also gives similar results and you can purchase from amazon ...

Can someone please help me understand this?
I am enclosing the photos of the ad on the smart buy page and then the actual pricing on the product page.
I can't seem to understand the discount and how I will get it.

Edit:
Ok, I got it now...
84,915-6,000= 78,915/-
78,915-2631 RP-7500 RP=68784/-

Last edited:
See, I hold Infinia so I will tell you my process of buying a 2 lakh product from Amazon.

Accumulate Amazon shopping vouchers every month as much as you can. Gfytr gives me 16.5% value back on purchase of Rs 45000 Amazon shopping vouchers in one go on infinia.

I can purchase rs90000 vouchers per month because after that excellerated reward points won't be given in infinia.

So in 3 months, I Wil have Rs 2.7 lakh Amazon shopping vouchers.

Anything I purchase now on Amazon using these vouchers will give me 16.5% base rewards.

If you can get higher rewards on other cards like converting base rewards to airline/hotels then that is extra bonus.

Now further, if you have a business then show the purchase as business expense to get deduction in taxable income.

Even further, sell the product at 30% cost value after 5 years to make some profit out of it.
are you sure you can do this still, I cannot seem to be able to purchase more than 50k amazon vouchers in total, per calendar month.
I bought 10k worth of amazon gift cards and 40k worth of amazon shopping vouchers. it's telling me I cannot purchase more than 50k per month ...

Guys need a suggestion. I have Infinia & Magnus both. Need to buy a Macbook Air today and have come to the following 2 conclusions:

1. Infinia through Imagine Store: Rs 85914 - 5000 (Card Cashback) - 10360 Pts (Points Reg 2860 + Acc Pts 7500) = Net Rs 70554

2. Axis Magnus through Flipkart Grabdeals: Rs 84490 [Regular Rewards: 6000 + Acc Rewards 10000 + Milestone 25000 = GT 41000]
(Assuming rest Rs 15500 balance will be spent before 30th April for Milestone Rewards)

Which one is a better bet ?

Guys need a suggestion. I have Infinia & Magnus both. Need to buy a Macbook Air today and have come to the following 2 conclusions:

1. Infinia through Imagine Store: Rs 85914 - 5000 (Card Cashback) - 10360 Pts (Points Reg 2860 + Acc Pts 7500) = Net Rs 70554

2. Axis Magnus through Flipkart Grabdeals: Rs 84490 [Regular Rewards: 6000 + Acc Rewards 10000 + Milestone 25000 = GT 41000]
(Assuming rest Rs 15500 balance will be spent before 30th April for Milestone Rewards)

one more way is to buy physically from Croma. buy vouchers worth 86k (whatever is croma price) from axis gyftr.. u will get 5x on all vouchers so 25800 points plus 25000 milestone benefit.. no grabdeals cap of 10k points

just chk gyftr allowing you buy vouchers worth 86k.. croma allows using multiple vouchers for offline purchase

one more way is to buy physically from Croma. buy vouchers worth 86k (whatever is croma price) from axis gyftr.. u will get 5x on all vouchers so 25800 points plus 25000 milestone benefit.. no grabdeals cap of 10k points

just chk gyftr allowing you buy vouchers worth 86k.. croma allows using multiple vouchers for offline purchase
plus 5% new coins as well

Combine this benefit with spend based offerings so that double dip but u have to postpone purchasing till that

Back