• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best way to get 2nd SBI Card

adit_787

TF Buzz
Hi Team,

I currently hold Ola Money SBI Card, which has become pretty much useless for me since I bought a car, rarely using cabs anymore. I wanted to upgrade the card to the BPCL Octane Credit Card since I am spending around 10k a month on fuel (Unless any other better card / way to save on fuel?). Called up SBI and they said I don't have option to upgrade the card to any other card...

What is the best way to go about getting the Octane card?

Thanks in advance!

Not showing any upgrade offers in the app for me, checking since more than 2 years
Meantime in same time period HDFC Upgraded my Diners premium to Diners Black and then also got it made LTF
:D
I got the offer for SBI Prime & Simply Click first time for upgrade and since I don't upgrade they gave me offer for same cards to avail new card. And now I took the 2nd SBI Card i.e. Simply Click since they were giving ₹1000 Amazon GC on joining...

Looks like they have some kind of agreement with ola that they will not move users of this card to other cards. Can’t think any other reason why they are willing to close my account but not willing to change the variant of the card…!
When I threat to close their card, they simply replied there is option in mobile app, you can close the card without hassles! SBI card is bit complicated and Government attitude.

You can go to sbi card website. They ask you if you already have sbi card select yes then enter number to instantly approv new card. Once you receive it, call cc and switch your limit, either split it or transfer the limit entirely.
Even this is not working, it’s saying not eligible for any new card. Same error on ila chat option 😀 no limit enhancement, no card upgrade, nothing happened since the day the card was issued lol

You can go to sbi card website. They ask you if you already have sbi card select yes then enter number to instantly approv new card. Once you receive it, call cc and switch your limit, either split it or transfer the limit entirely.
It was tried beginning of this year , they called and replied apply through manually. afraid of SBI agents I'm just keeping this card for right time

Hi Team,

I currently hold Ola Money SBI Card, which has become pretty much useless for me since I bought a car, rarely using cabs anymore. I wanted to upgrade the card to the BPCL Octane Credit Card since I am spending around 10k a month on fuel (Unless any other better card / way to save on fuel?). Called up SBI and they said I don't have option to upgrade the card to any other card...

What is the best way to go about getting the Octane card?

Thanks in advance!
Call SBI cc and ask them you want to flip/swap card to SBI BPCL card. They will take your request.
Flip is a new method in which you get to change your cc varient. I was informed by SBI also another member used this feature. This should solve your issue

Call SBI cc and ask them you want to flip/swap card to SBI BPCL card. They will take your request.
Flip is a new method in which you get to change your cc varient. I was informed by SBI also another member used this feature. This should solve your issue
Nope, none of these options working... Even i tried to flip my prime card to octane variant through call, through mail and nodal... Nothing was helping. They suggested to use the 2nd card option from the app and that shows only elite and simplyclick for me. So left it and happily using icici hpcl super saver card.

Nope, none of these options working... Even i tried to flip my prime card to octane variant through call, through mail and nodal... Nothing was helping. They suggested to use the 2nd card option from the app and that shows only elite and simplyclick for me. So left it and happily using icici hpcl super saver card.
I have the hpcl amex card, that is only giving 2.5% cb upto 100 rs per month :(

Since its a co-branded card, it won't be possible to change/upgrade it to another variant directly. You should apply for a new card through SBI Agent / Sprint/ SBI website, then transfer limit to new card and close the previous card.

Back