• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Anyone with SBI Aurum as 2nd SBI card?

NikunjP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Have anyone got SBI AURUM who already have a SBI card.

Currently I have SBI Prime & want to apply for AURUM. Is it possible without closing SBI Prime?

NikunjP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
First tell me what is use of aurum :( seems all benefit are only applicable for first year only
I am closing Magnus. So Visa infinite offer on bookmyshow (300 off on ticket & 200 on food once a month) will be gone. Aurum is on Visa infinite platform which will serve the purpose.

I am planning to use it for a year only. Currently not eligible for HDFC infinia Or DCB.

NikunjP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
THnaks to answer your question you can maximum 2 core cards
Even i have approval and Aurum manager is behind me

But till now am unable to get best use of this card
I hold DCB so thinking if i need to upgrade
Ok.
I will think again.

Let me write what I have considered:
1. Card feels 10,000+GST=11, 800
2. I am planning to convert 40,000 welcome rewards into 10,000 Rs Amazon voucher. So card cost me 11800-10000= 1800 rs from my pocket.
3. I live in tire 3 city so monthly 4 tickets of 250 rs will be more than sufficient.

So by paying 1800 rs, I can have 4 movie tickets per month for a year.

Am I missing something?

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
Ok.
I will think again.

2. I am planning to convert 40,000 welcome rewards into 10,000 Rs Amazon voucher. So card cost me 11800-10000= 1800 rs from my pocket.
3. I live in tire 3 city so monthly 4 tickets of 250 rs will be more than sufficient.

Am I missing something?
Second year are you closing this :p ?

Am I missing something?

Without the CC, how many times you really go to movies in a tier 3 city per year ?

If you go 2-3 times max in a year, then calculating the so-called benefit on 12 times a year - is only trying to ratify the decision to take this card.

Factor convenience, comfort and such other parameters.... to justify your decision.

Akashn

TF Ace
Ok.
I will think again.

Am I missing something?
If its just for movies then why not visa signature cards?

NikunjP

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Without the CC, how many times you really go to movies in a tier 3 city per year ?

If you go 2-3 times max in a year, then calculating the so-called benefit on 12 times a year - is only trying to ratify the decision to take this card.

Factor convenience, comfort and such other parameters.... to justify your decision.
You are right.

shashankrt

TF Premier
THnaks to answer your question you can maximum 2 core cards
Even i have approval and Aurum manager is behind me

But till now am unable to get best use of this card
I hold DCB so thinking if i need to upgrade
Aurum is currently seriously useless card with wierd product placement. It tries to be a super premium exclusive card without any super premium benefits.

From 2nd year it's actually a liability as recovering the fees is a challenge as even lounge access is limited for domestic.

This year I will downgrade unless they offer me fee waiver.

Pavan

TF Legend
TF Family
Aurum is currently seriously useless card with wierd product placement. It tries to be a super premium exclusive card without any super premium benefits.

From 2nd year it's actually a liability as recovering the fees is a challenge as even lounge access is limited for domestic.

This year I will downgrade unless they offer me fee waiver.
Do they offer retention for 2nd year :(
I feel even Arum Rm is useless

He was worst then my HDFC RM

Cashif

TF Buzz
Surprisingly got message of upgrade to Aurum card from SimplyClick. Applied and received mail that my card will be dispatched in 7 days. No document submitted.

PS: SBI Cashback rejected 3 times so far with last one just a week back but they have approved their super premium card:D