• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best way to pay CC bill using another CC

faltooAdmi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi members,

I was exploring various options to pay my CC bill.I have a DCB(primary card) and SBI vistara card.
  1. There are some apps that allow us to pay CC bill directly through another CC.
  2. Another way is to top-up a wallet like Paytm, mobikwik and pay your CC bill through that wallet amount.
So I was wondering if I could pay my HDFC cc bill using SBI vistara cc and earn milestone benefits on the vistara card ?

@Walter White @pprakash11 @bhavyegoel @TheMentalist @Subhankar @TechnoFino @rockking1994 @Wealth is my birth right! @Copycat
@Abhishek012

Last edited:
I doubt any reliable app will let you pay a CC bill through any other CC - happy to be corrected and curious which such app exists.

Hi members,

I was exploring various options to pay my CC bill.I have a DCB(primary card) and SBI vistara card.

1) There are some apps that allow us to pay CC bill directly through another CC.

2) Another way is to top-up a wallet like Paytm, mobikwik and pay your CC bill through that wallet amount.

So I was wondering if I could pay my HDFC cc bill using SBI vistara cc and earn milestone benefits on the vistara card ?

@Walter White @pprakash11 @bhavyegoel @TheMentalist @Subhankar @TechnoFino @rockking1994 @Wealth is my birth right! @Copycat
@Abhishek012
Mobikwik has extra charges when paying CC bill with wallet balance/directly
Payzapp has no charges, but only Kotak/BoB CC bill can be paid with wallet balance
Snapay/BharatNxt are other options with fees

Payzapp has no charges, but only Kotak/BoB CC bill can be paid with wallet balance
So we can pay CC bill thru wallet/directly thru other CC.

Does it make sense to do so to achieve milestone benefits like spending 1.5L to get a premium economy vistara ticket.

How can we use bharanxt to pay cc payment as we can send move to only bank accounts..pls enlighten
You can transfer amount to any non tax paying family member and then pay the bill.

You may also try to add HDFC credit card as recipient. There is dedicated IFSC for credit card payment.

BharatNXT checks the name and rejects if both are same.

Hi members,

1) There are some apps that allow us to pay CC bill directly through another CC.

2) Another way is to top-up a wallet like Paytm, mobikwik and pay your CC bill through that wallet amount.

@Abhishek012
You can do that with help of third party apps with small charges or no charges like payzapp paytm and BharTnxt I use currently these 3
But note the double spending on the yearly overall figure I mean if u swipe for 2l and pay the bill it’s 2l spend whereas if u pay 2l bill via other cc it’s all together 4l spending as per card issuing banks
One’s own ITR figure is the deciding factor here

You can do that with help of third party apps with small charges or no charges like payzapp paytm and BharTnxt I use currently these 3
But note the double spending on the yearly overall figure I mean if u swipe for 2l and pay the bill it’s 2l spend whereas if u pay 2l bill via other cc it’s all together 4l spending as per card issuing banks
Two safety net we can build imho are:
1) Aways ensure to spend less than 10L from a specific card issuing bank (not specific card). Also break transactions to be less than 50k.

2) For these rotation, use banks with poor reporting systems. Example: PSU banks or regional small banks with poor IT.

Can you pls DM me. I am unable to do so

So if I decide to pay 50k bill of DCB thru SBI Vistara card, Will it :
- Earn regular CV points on SBI Card
- Count towards SBI milestone to get flights

You mentioned that payzapp does not allow to pay HDFC CC bill thru wallet, right ?
Then how shud I pay my hdfc CC bill through another CC. Which is the best platform with minimal fees ?

Paying Magnus using tata rupay card is easy with UPI. How do you pay tata card using Magnus?
Vistara card holders can confirm the same whether the utility mcc will be eligible under the card
I use rupay tata card to pay Magnus card and vice versa it’s win win
And I have heard that magnus doesn't consider ultilty payment in any way anymore..Not even in milestone..Am i correct

Back