• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best way to pay CC bill using another CC

faltooAdmi

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi members,

I was exploring various options to pay my CC bill.I have a DCB(primary card) and SBI vistara card.
  1. There are some apps that allow us to pay CC bill directly through another CC.
  2. Another way is to top-up a wallet like Paytm, mobikwik and pay your CC bill through that wallet amount.
So I was wondering if I could pay my HDFC cc bill using SBI vistara cc and earn milestone benefits on the vistara card ?

@Walter White @pprakash11 @bhavyegoel @TheMentalist @Subhankar @TechnoFino @rockking1994 @Wealth is my birth right! @Copycat
@Abhishek012

Last edited:
Is paying cc bill thru another CC is same as balance transfer ?

Because as per T&C of SBI vistara card, balance transfer is excluded for cv points earning.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-21-22-34-21-513_cn.wps.moffice_eng.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-21-22-34-21-513_cn.wps.moffice_eng.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
You mentioned that payzapp does not allow to pay HDFC CC bill thru wallet, right ?
Then how shud I pay my hdfc CC bill through another CC. Which is the best platform with minimal fees ?
If you have Rupay CC, then you can pay CC bills on payzapp using that

Is paying cc bill thru another CC is same as balance transfer ?
Both are different things

You can do that with help of third party apps with small charges or no charges like payzapp paytm and BharTnxt I use currently these 3
But note the double spending on the yearly overall figure I mean if u swipe for 2l and pay the bill it’s 2l spend whereas if u pay 2l bill via other cc it’s all together 4l spending as per card issuing banks
One’s own ITR figure is the deciding factor here
Bro you mentioned no charges from paytm, payzapp and bhartnxt.. can you confirm for this scenerio
1. I pay dcb cc bill using gpay via paytm, since its rupay so no charges
2. Now to pay rupay bill using dcb I would generally use mobikiwik since that gives Reward points but I noticed charges are around 2.9% (including gst).

I havent tried 2nd point yet, but did calculation as I have to pay rupay bill using dcb in the upcoming week.
Does paytm also comes under utility and provide RP(same as mobikiwik)?? if you or someone has tested? Bhqrtnxt doesn't support dcb so its out of question for me..

Bh
Bro you mentioned no charges from paytm, payzapp and bhartnxt.. can you confirm for this scenerio
1. I pay dcb cc bill using gpay via paytm, since its rupay so no charges
2. Now to pay rupay bill using dcb I would generally use mobikiwik since that gives Reward points but I noticed charges are around 2.9% (including gst).

I havent tried 2nd point yet, but did calculation as I have to pay rupay bill using dcb in the upcoming week.
Does paytm also comes under utility and provide RP(same as mobikiwik)?? if you or someone has tested? Bhqrtnxt doesn't support dcb so its out of question for me..
BharTnxt we can’t pay without charges
I used to load paytm wallet with offers like 15k loading will involve 352/- additional charges and I get 275 as cb in fuel wallet in paytm
On top of it I get Edge Rewards for 15200 in magnus card so it’s free pay from card to other card free literally

Bh

BharTnxt we can’t pay without charges
I used to load paytm wallet with offers like 15k loading will involve 352/- additional charges and I get 275 as cb in fuel wallet in paytm
On top of it I get Edge Rewards for 15200 in magnus card so it’s free pay from card to other card free literally
On paper wallet load is excluded for Magnus. But if they are giving due to some bug, then it is 6% cash rate with milestone.

Back