• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Beware of useless referrals...AMEX MCC

cardex

TF Premier
There are videos from certain influencer doing round for Amex MCC card through their referral, beware, I tried this method, it was rejected instantly, even my friend's too. He is asking people to mention salaried, pvt sector, income limit between 8 to 10 lacs in order to get the application through.

Everyone in the comment is complaining that their application is being rejected. Not sure it is some trick to generate income through such videos, but stay away, not worth the cibil hit in my opinion.

There are videos from certain influencer doing round for Amex MCC card through their referral, beware, I tried this method, it was rejected instantly, even my friend's too. He is asking people to mention salaried, pvt sector, income limit between 8 to 10 lacs in order to get the application through.

Everyone in the comment is complaining that their application is being rejected. Not sure it is some trick to generate income through such videos, but stay away, not worth the cibil hit in my opinion.
Yupp watched the video. My location is not serviceable so didn't apply. One cibil hit saved.

Astraea

TF Premier
These influencers/YouTube people are fooling others to help themselves. I ask everyone in the group to not watch their tricky and confusing videos. We made a lot of information for you to look at and decide. These influencers/YouTube people are fooling you to sign up, and if you do, they get rewards. They might do anything to get those rewards.

Now YouTube because chapri gang street war for refferal rewards/cash etc. Even they don't know anything about credit card or any financial things they are also making videos and misleading innocent people. These should certain guidelines for these things.

I urge you all be careful and don't get fooled by these people.

Astraea

TF Premier
Yupp watched the video. My location is not serviceable so didn't apply. One cibil hit saved.
Good I hope you never fall for these kind of YouTube videos in future. We have build such a vibrant community around financial things be it a bank account, credit card etc. Just open tf community page search your question you will find answer for sure

cardex

TF Premier
Good I hope you never fall for these kind of YouTube videos in future. We have build such a vibrant community around financial things be it a bank account, credit card etc. Just open tf community page search your question you will find answer for sure

true that, need to spread the word about this forum.

Dhruvit.S

TF Premier
TF Family

It worked before. But as the video is out get ready for it to be patched or they will ask for income documents

thewittypanda

TF Select
I watched that video too, but I would never put fake job details/salary,even though the card was approved. And in amex site I didn't found my city Kolkata in the list. So didn't apply.
True. One should never lie about their income and other details just to get a credit card for the so called rewards. It's ok if you don't have that card. What havoc it would create? You will just have some lesser rewards or perhaps no significant rewards using other modes of payment and that's ok. Some things are not in control and people never try to be content with what they have with themselves. Human nature always looking for something extra everytime.

Also, another fact being he might not have made the video with the idea of duping the people and luring them to watch the content so that he can earn some money through the views. He has made very good videos. I am his subscriber and regularly watch his videos. If we look from another aspect, it might have been that he got the card through this method and that's why he is suggesting other persons to try and watch out for the same. However, people should always use their conscience whenever these kind of tricks are mentioned.

Many people share many tricks, it's upon you to decide whether to apply for the card or not. There are tens of hundreds of reason why anyone's card got rejected. But now people are putting the blame on him. If they were able to get the card they'll be blindly sharing the methods and praising him. That's the truth.

People should always be blaming themselves for taking any decision and not others. If they were so worried for a CIBIL hit they should not have applied for the card in the first place. Again saying, there are tens of hundreds of reasons why anyone's card might have been rejected. There's no one rule for anyone.

cardex

TF Premier
True. One should never lie about their income and other details just to get a credit card for the so called rewards. It's ok if you don't have that card. What havoc it would create? You will just have some lesser rewards or perhaps no significant rewards using other modes of payment and that's ok. Some things are not in control and people never try to be content with what they have with themselves. Human nature always looking for something extra everytime.

Also, another fact being he might not have made the video with the idea of duping the people and luring them to watch the content so that he can earn some money through the views. He has made very good videos. I am his subscriber and regularly watch his videos. If we look from another aspect, it might have been that he got the card through this method and that's why he is suggesting other persons to try and watch out for the same. However, people should always use their conscience whenever these kind of tricks are mentioned.

Many people share many tricks, it's upon you to decide whether to apply for the card or not. There are tens of hundreds of reason why anyone's card got rejected. But now people are putting the blame on him. If they were able to get the card they'll be blindly sharing the methods and praising him. That's the truth.

People should always be blaming themselves for taking any decision and not others. If they were so worried for a CIBIL hit they should not have applied for the card in the first place. Again saying, there are tens of hundreds of reasons why anyone's card might have been rejected. There's no one rule for anyone.

He is holding 40 cards I believe and a great cibil score, hence his card was bound to be approved. Not many of us are that fortunate enough. He should have put a disclaimer at the beginning of video cautioning people of rejections. The way he put it, like everyone would get it by using that income trick.

thewittypanda

TF Select
He is holding 40 cards I believe and a great cibil score, hence his card was bound to be approved. Not many of us are that fortunate enough. He should have put a disclaimer at the beginning of video cautioning people of rejections. The way he put it, like everyone would get it by using that income trick.
I agree on this point. He should have put a disclaimer in the first place. But even then, if we're applying instantly after listening to these influencers does it not reflect a lack of good personal finance behaviour? Also, nobody in the world (unless it's an bank employee in some cases) can guarantee an approval of the credit card no matter what method one follows. It depends on a lot of factors and banks have this stereotype response of putting " not meeting internal standards " if you ask them the reason. Yes, he did a mistake by not putting a disclaimer but people blaming him for their rejected card applications are not right as well. My point is only that.

cardex

TF Premier
I agree on this point. He should have put a disclaimer in the first place. But even then, if we're applying instantly after listening to these influencers does it not reflect a lack of good personal finance behaviour? Also, nobody in the world (unless it's an bank employee in some cases) can guarantee an approval of the credit card no matter what method one follows. It depends on a lot of factors and banks have this stereotype response of putting " not meeting internal standards " if you ask them the reason. Yes, he did a mistake by not putting a disclaimer but people blaming him for their rejected card applications are not right as well. My point is only that.
He is earning from their views/referrals, hence he only one is to be blamed. Anyways, there is a saying in Gujarati, roughly translated, as long as there are greedy people, cheaters flourish, in all walks of life.