• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Beware of useless referrals...AMEX MCC

cardex

TF Premier
There are videos from certain influencer doing round for Amex MCC card through their referral, beware, I tried this method, it was rejected instantly, even my friend's too. He is asking people to mention salaried, pvt sector, income limit between 8 to 10 lacs in order to get the application through.

Everyone in the comment is complaining that their application is being rejected. Not sure it is some trick to generate income through such videos, but stay away, not worth the cibil hit in my opinion.

cardex

TF Premier
I agree on this point. He should have put a disclaimer in the first place. But even then, if we're applying instantly after listening to these influencers does it not reflect a lack of good personal finance behaviour? Also, nobody in the world (unless it's an bank employee in some cases) can guarantee an approval of the credit card no matter what method one follows. It depends on a lot of factors and banks have this stereotype response of putting " not meeting internal standards " if you ask them the reason. Yes, he did a mistake by not putting a disclaimer but people blaming him for their rejected card applications are not right as well. My point is only that.
He is earning from their views/referrals, hence he only one is to be blamed. Anyways, there is a saying in Gujarati, roughly translated, as long as there are greedy people, cheaters flourish, in all walks of life.
Say in Gujarati also buddy

લોભિયા હોય ત્યાં ધુતારા ભૂખે નો મારે​

akshayhs

TF Ace
He has made very good videos. I am his subscriber and regularly watch his videos.
No offense but most (stressing on the keyword here, not all) of his subscribers are dumb and they go by whatever he says. After he posts a video, I check the comments and came to that belief. I was even in two or three Q&A sessions he does. Even in that stream chat, they just went by the words he said without actually checking if what he says will apply to them.

cardex

TF Premier
No offense but most (stressing on the keyword here, not all) of his subscribers are dumb and they go by whatever he says. After he posts a video, I check the comments and came to that belief. I was even in two or three Q&A sessions he does. Even in that stream chat, they just went by the words he said without actually checking if what he says will apply to them.

I thought andhbhakts were limited to....;)

thewittypanda

TF Select
Yeah and that's bad for them. Follow people, listen to what one says but always and always apply your mind before acting on anything. At least here in the forum all knowledgeable people can and are guiding people to apply your mind before blindly putting applications on any credit card by following any X Y Z trick. That's what every member in this forum should to. Try and make people learn the very basics of personal finance behaviour. It's really important. Only then we can flourish in personal finance and make a strong educated community.