• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus Beware of Yatra vouchers bought from gyftr

neo.puneet

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi everyone! Just wanted to share an experience of Yatra vouchers. I bought 6k worth of Yatra vouchers from GYFTR via Magnus CC. Booked fully refundable hotel for 3 nights but my train ticket was canceled so I had to cancel my stay. Since it was fully refundable, while canceling it showed full refund on Yatra app. So i canceled but i didn't receive any refund in Gift Card or anywhere else. Then i read the terms and conditions of YATRA vouchers and it stated "17. In case of cancellations, Travel Voucher amount will not be refunded back to the customer." So in short, i lost 6k :(

Really feel sorry for you. You have indeed saved so much money for our forum members by highlighting it.

Do we know what other gift cards which don’t refund?

1) Tata cliq (one has to fight to get it)
2)??
Not exactly the same but Pizza Hut gift cards can be used only once regardless of the amount.

For e.g., you have Rs. 500 gift card and you used Rs. 250, then the rest of the Rs. 250 are wasted.

I also learnt it the hard way.

Not exactly the same but Pizza Hut gift cards can be used only once regardless of the amount.

For e.g., you have Rs. 500 gift card and you used Rs. 250, then the rest of the Rs. 250 are wasted.

I also learnt it the hard way.
Even ola gift card is like that. Remaining balance doesn't get credited to wallet

Hi everyone! Just wanted to share an experience of Yatra vouchers. I bought 6k worth of Yatra vouchers from GYFTR via Magnus CC. Booked fully refundable hotel for 3 nights but my train ticket was canceled so I had to cancel my stay. Since it was fully refundable, while canceling it showed full refund on Yatra app. So i canceled but i didn't receive any refund in Gift Card or anywhere else. Then i read the terms and conditions of YATRA vouchers and it stated "17. In case of cancellations, Travel Voucher amount will not be refunded back to the customer." So in short, i lost 6k :(
Damn, this is very unfortunate. This is the case with most gift vouchers of any kind so be careful with gift vouchers next time.

I booked flight tickets using this voucher, and the airline canceled it. It said the same in tnc, so I was dejected that I lost money.

Still I wanted to try so I contacted Yatra cc and told them the situation (without mentioning the non-refundable clause in tnc). To my pleasant surprise, they gave me new vouchers easily and promptly.

You should try calling them too

I booked flight tickets using this voucher, and the airline canceled it. It said the same in tnc, so I was dejected that I lost money.

Still I wanted to try so I contacted Yatra cc and told them the situation (without mentioning the non-refundable clause in tnc). To my pleasant surprise, they gave me new vouchers easily and promptly.

You should try calling them too
I already contacted them via email and they informed me that it is non-refundable. Maybe because the airline canceled it from their end, they might be able to process a refund for you. I'll still try calling them once. Thank you!

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-06-10-15-11-56-392_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-06-10-15-11-56-392_com.android.chrome-edit.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 16
Back