• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Blocking of SBI Card and Time taken for unblocking card

paipurivamsi

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I recently got SBI Cashback card and I did a transaction of 209 INR while traveling on 07.10.2022. I got a message from SBI Fraud control that card was blocked due to suspicious activity. I called SBI CC on 08.10.2022 and SR was raised for unblocking the card and the resolution time given was 17.10.2022. That means I could no use card for 10 days. It is very long time. SBI says that blocking is automated and could not have manual intervention before blocking(confirming whether the transaction is done by customer or not). Why did it take 10 days for unblocking the card? I want to write this instance to RBI which is creating inconvenience to customer. Is there any reason behind time taken for unblocking the card as per RBI guidelines?

But best thing is to escalate each level through their website rather than dropping direct mails
Done the communication with all the persons mentioned above. Still no body is bothered to address the concern of the customer. As I have another SBI Card, I logged all the interactions through SBI Card portal only. You are lucky enough that card got unblocked after 25 days. Already 27 days passed and still counting in my case. I feel we need to report these incidents to RBI ombudsman. SBI is not going to discount any annual fee for the period card is blocked by them....!!!

Last edited:
After i got my virtual SBI CB in september i did online jewellery payment on a sunday morning for around 12k and card got blocked.
Just i thought and left it like that since gold purchase is a red flag in new card and called cc but its an auto response that to call on week days 8am to 6pm. Got a call from SBI side in 2pm noon on same sunday and he said that he's removing block now and asked to use after 20min.
Tried after 20 min of call but payment didnt went through then on Monday morning i called cc and they verified with lot of questions post which same merchant i paid online and payment went through.

Done the communication with all the persons mentioned above. Still no body is bothered to address the concern of the customer. As I have another SBI Card, I logged all the interactions through SBI Card portal only. You are lucky enough that card got unblocked after 25 days. Already 27 days passed and still counting in my case. I feed we need to report these incidents to RBI ombudsman. SBI is not going to discount any annual fee for the period card is blocked by them....!!!
They will most likely unblock before one month before you can complain to rbi

I am unable to login on SBI card app or website. Is system down or my card is blocked?
I did first txn just after receiving my card.

Edit : may be system is down

I am unable to login on SBI card app or website. Is system down or my card is blocked?

Yes.. I too facing this issue in mobile app. but working as expected in website. Seems like some backend issue.

Yes.. I too facing this issue in mobile app. but working as expected in website. Seems like some backend issue.

Back