• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BMTC RuPay Credit Card

It used to not work before for me on the routes i travelled.
Then there was a phase where they completely stopped accepting UPI.
After that they started accespting and CC on UPI works fine for me now.

Conductors shouting "qr code illa" especially in the ORR routes
And legit most of them who want to board the bus don't get on.
Always a struggle.
Thankfully the ticket charges are mutiples of 5.

Conductors shouting "qr code illa" especially in the ORR routes
And legit most of them who want to board the bus don't get on.
Always a struggle.
Thankfully the ticket charges are mutiples of 5.
The literally ORR routes are ALWAYS crowded. Unless you board at Silk Board or maybe a little beyond KR Puram (or super-smartly and luckily at KR Puram).

5-rupee coins are a BIG PAIN. 10 and multiples are somewhat easy, but so many ATMs these days give only 500s. :rolleyes:

I think the thread should be renamed to "Gems of BMTC" :D:D
Rather "Games of BMTC"
The Simpsons 80S GIF

The literally ORR routes are ALWAYS crowded. Unless you board at Silk Board or maybe a little beyond KR Puram (or super-smartly and luckily at KR Puram).

5-rupee coins are a BIG PAIN. 10 and multiples are somewhat easy, but so many ATMs these days give only 500s. :rolleyes:
I remember older days before they adopted to mutiples of 5.
Current situation is much better
BMTC is working with some fintech co to make bus payments even better, lets see what they come up with

I remember older days before they adopted to mutiples of 5.
Current situation is much better
BMTC is working with some fintech co to make bus payments even better, lets see what they come up with
In those days I used to take non-AC buses. When everyone uses cash, conductors also go easy with returning change. Mixed mode makes things harder.

And then of course, the Day Pass is also often convenient - even more so with non-AC buses. Even if your tickets will add up to a few rupees less, it's worthwhile to avoid the change overhead.

Failed for me yesterday. Retrying after failure is a hassle. So, I am going to track this thread and stick with bank account UPI for now. Hopefully, someone reports positive news!

Back