• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BOB Eterna is now becoming a most popular choice credit card

jetesh

TF Legend
BOB Eterna credit card has seen a significant rise in demand recently due to several attractive features:

1. With the recent launch of the Rupay network, BOB Eterna is becoming a popular choice in super premium credit card segment.
2. BOB Eterna offers the highest number of lounges.
3. Unlimited Domestic Lounge Access.
4. International lounge access will also be announced soon.
5. Best Reward Points. 15 rewards points per Rs 100 on online shopping, dining, travel and international spends.
6. Plus, BOB Eterna annual fees are lower compared to other banks’ credit cards in the same segment.
7. And achieving a fee waiver is a breeze !
8. Foreign Exchange Mark-up fee of 2%.
9. Buy 1 Get 1 Free Movie ticket via Paytm
10. Welcome Gift of FitPass Pro Membership worth Rs. 15,000.
eterna-shadow-19-feb24.webp

Last edited:
Forget whether USD becomes a reserve currency or RuPay becomes a global settlement medium.

I am in favour of using RuPay at all possible places. Because, it is Indian.

And, I do not want India to pay - in USD - to Visa/MC/AmEx - as commission for all my trxns done locally.

Why should Visa/MC/AmEx get a commission/cut from my trxn done locally for ordering food from a local restaurant. That too in USD ?

I have started using RuPay cards to the max. I will continue to do so.
Well said sir..

Forget whether USD becomes a reserve currency or RuPay becomes a global settlement medium.

And, I do not want India to pay - in USD - to Visa/MC/AmEx - as commission for all my trxns done locally.

Why should Visa/MC/AmEx get a commission/cut from my trxn done locally for ordering food from a local restaurant. That too in USD ?

My vision goes beyond this.

I want another domestic credit card company in India like RuPay.

RuPay will face pressure from another domestic company to expand quickly and launch more premium cards.

This will increase competition.

Right now, whatever we discuss or argue about, it always ends up being India vs USA.

I want people to have a choice within Indian credit card companies as well.

If someone doesn’t like the RuPay card, no problem, we have another Indian credit card company they can use.

If someone can convey this idea to RBI and govt, it would be a great favor.

It will happen eventually - n sooner too.

Remember, earlier we had only NSDL, then came CDSL.

I too wish we must have another home-grown alternative to RuPay.
The former CEO of NPCI also gave the example of NSE and BSE for setting up another NPCI.

Creating a credit card network is not easy. If a new company is created today, it will actually be ready for use only after 8-10 years.

One important point about RuPay wasn't mentioned.

I just remembered after reading this news -

Other countries will be using RuPay and UPI technology.

For example, UAE's JAYWAN card scheme –

It is based on the RuPay card stack (developed and deployed on a large scale by NPCI in India), which is shared with the AEP to enable the UAE to achieve sovereignty in digital payments.

India's technology and India's soft power will be visible across the world.

It will earn respect for Indians globally.

Pretty much everything covered by Priority Pass, except maybe a few like arrival lounge T3 DEL, Irish Pub House CCU, etc
But these exceptions are very few,
And lounges that are otherwise not open to most cards like Airr Lounge VTZ is covered by DCB
yeh Irish house ka name change hua hai na!? tcl anex something i guess? kaun se card chalte idhar

yeh Irish house ka name change hua hai na!? tcl anex something i guess? kaun se card chalte idhar
Not sure, haven't been to CCU in a while,

But seems you're right, it's now TCL Anex,
Before only Priority Pass used to work there,
But know i see it's available in Amex, Diners, Visa and Rupay list
Not on Mastercard though

koi list hai kaun sa cards work karega?

Op has shared Mastercard and Visa lounge list in another thread,
For Priority Pass, Amex, Diners and Rupay you can check individual websites

Lastly individual cards that you hold you'll have check yourself

Op has shared Mastercard and Visa lounge list in another thread,
For Priority Pass, Amex, Diners and Rupay you can check individual websites

Lastly individual cards that you hold you'll have check yourself
as per this post visa one has tcl anex so emerald should also work xD but didnt find on dreamfolks with my emerald cc

as per this post visa one has tcl anex so emerald should also work xD but didnt find on dreamfolks with my emerald cc
Oh Emerald works everywhere, for both primary and add on, don't worry
If Emerald credit card does not show Anex Lounge on DreamFolks website, that means they have not been included in their list.
I told this many times that only the Eterna Visa credit card has a maximum number of lounges.
Emerald Visa, as of now, has 62-63 lounges.

And this is one thing what Rupay is about.
Everyone supports the concept of Swadeshi.
What RuPay offers in the Indian context is valuable and is not in question.

What is in question, however, is the misinformation that some seems to be sharing by misrepresenting what purpose RuPay can serve.
Regardless of how pure one's sentiments are, this should be avoided.

Card networks, like RuPay, are almost plug-and-play instruments and can be replaced as needed.
Frameworks and technologies are tools to facilitate payments, but they do not strengthen the currency itself which some seems to be sharing.

Today we have RuPay.
Tomorrow, there may be new systems like Paisa, Rokda, or even Aana (with variants like 4 aana, 8 aana, and 12 aana), all designed to enable financial transactions.
OPGSP has eased processing, and SFMS will ease transactions.
UPI is expanding internationally and is already accepted in Bhutan, Mauritius, Nepal, Singapore, and more.

These tools enhance the ease of use and global accessibility of the Indian rupee, reducing reliance on foreign payment systems. That’s their purpose.
But there seems to be some misrepresentation of RuPay as a means of achieving world domination or significantly strengthening the rupee on a global scale.

Marketing should promote, not delude.

And this is one thing what Rupay is about.
Everyone supports the concept of Swadeshi.
What RuPay offers in the Indian context is valuable and is not in question.

What is in question, however, is the misinformation that some seems to be sharing by misrepresenting what purpose RuPay can serve.
Regardless of how pure one's sentiments are, this should be avoided.

Card networks, like RuPay, are almost plug-and-play instruments and can be replaced as needed.
Frameworks and technologies are tools to facilitate payments, but they do not strengthen the currency itself which some seems to be sharing.

Today we have RuPay.
Tomorrow, there may be new systems like Paisa, Rokda, or even Aana (with variants like 4 aana, 8 aana, and 12 aana), all designed to enable financial transactions.
OPGSP has eased processing, and SFMS will ease transactions.
UPI is expanding internationally and is already accepted in Bhutan, Mauritius, Nepal, Singapore, and more.

These tools enhance the ease of use and global accessibility of the Indian rupee, reducing reliance on foreign payment systems. That’s their purpose.
But there seems to be some misrepresentation of RuPay as a means of achieving world domination or significantly strengthening the rupee on a global scale.

Marketing should promote, not delude.
This is not misinformation. With the usage of RuPay/UPI, the rupee will become stronger.

Just recently, a report came out that Indians spend $31.7 billion abroad.

A few years ago, NPCI had said that at that time, Indians spent approx $20 billion abroad.

Don't you really think that if this $31.7 billion is spent in Indian rupees, the Indian rupee would become stronger?

When you start paying your education fees/medical fees in the US, Europe, and Canada in Indian rupees, when you pay for your world tours in Indian rupees.

What will all those countries do with this Indian rupee? They'll have to spend it back in India, right?

You have no idea how big a change it will bring by saving $31.7 billion in foreign reserves, and this is just the beginning. Indians are going to spend even more abroad now.

Last edited:
Back