• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BOB Eterna is now becoming a most popular choice credit card

jetesh

TF Legend
BOB Eterna credit card has seen a significant rise in demand recently due to several attractive features:

1. With the recent launch of the Rupay network, BOB Eterna is becoming a popular choice in super premium credit card segment.
2. BOB Eterna offers the highest number of lounges.
3. Unlimited Domestic Lounge Access.
4. International lounge access will also be announced soon.
5. Best Reward Points. 15 rewards points per Rs 100 on online shopping, dining, travel and international spends.
6. Plus, BOB Eterna annual fees are lower compared to other banks’ credit cards in the same segment.
7. And achieving a fee waiver is a breeze !
8. Foreign Exchange Mark-up fee of 2%.
9. Buy 1 Get 1 Free Movie ticket via Paytm
10. Welcome Gift of FitPass Pro Membership worth Rs. 15,000.
eterna-shadow-19-feb24.webp

Last edited:
My gripe with Rupay cards is that more and more merchants are switching off cards on UPI,

My Dry Cleaner, office canteen, even local shops have all switched off cards on UPI in last 1-2 months, only my pani puri cart still takes Rupay on UPI😁
And my transactions here are very small, like ₹200 at a time, but still won't work

Maybe there's a forum online like TFC where all these merchants come and tell each other to do this, or maybe there's a youtube video out there, i don't know but it's disheartening
Completely agree..

Recently went to a private hospital in Mumbai which accepts all credit cards including Amex. But they have disabled RuPay Credit on UPI !!

My gripe with Rupay cards is that more and more merchants are switching off cards on UPI,

My Dry Cleaner, office canteen, even local shops have all switched off cards on UPI in last 1-2 months, only my pani puri cart still takes Rupay on UPI😁
And my transactions here are very small, like ₹200 at a time, but still won't work

Maybe there's a forum online like TFC where all these merchants come and tell each other to do this, or maybe there's a youtube video out there, i don't know but it's disheartening
Completely agree..

Recently went to a private hospital in Mumbai which accepts all credit cards including Amex. But they have disabled RuPay Credit on UPI !!
Business persons are shrewd in nature. we shouldn't underestimate their prowess, especially in this margin game. i think they're more worried about the chargeback component of the rupay cc upi. because it's easier to file & get money back on rupay upi than on pos txn (due to NPCI being involved). i believe they've seen such cases, and warned each other to disable it.

Business persons are shrewd in nature. we shouldn't underestimate their prowess, especially in this margin game. i think they're more worried about the chargeback component of the rupay cc upi. because it's easier to file & get money back on rupay upi than on pos txn (due to NPCI being involved). i believe they've seen such cases, and warned each other to disable it.
Everyone has a different opinion about UPI Chargeback.

Some people say that chargebacks are almost impossible in UPI, while others say that chargebacks are easy in UPI.

Look at these two guys @Tejo & @imdjay , saying everywhere that UPI chargeback is impossible. 🤣🤣

On Twitter, there was a guy saying the same thing.

But what is the truth? The truth is that UPI chargebacks are easy, and it has become even easier after the introduction of the UPI UDIR system.

However, bank employees still don't fully know how to process UPI chargebacks correctly. If you escalate the complaint to a higher level, they will definitely do it.

And I've heard about this UPI chargeback problem more often with ICICI Bank and SBI Card.

By the way do you know, 5-6 years ago, if you called ICICI Bank customer care and asked for a RuPay Platinum debit card, only about 1% of the support team knew about it. Today, 5-6 years later, at least 80% to 90% of ICICI Bank customer care knows that ICICI issues RuPay debit cards.

Similarly, some bank employees have no idea about UPI chargebacks.

In fact, even today, if you ask some PSU banks for a chargeback on normal Visa/RuPay/Mastercard transactions, they will ask, 'What is a chargeback?' 🤣🤣

Look at these two guys @Tejo & @imdjay , saying everywhere that UPI chargeback is impossible. 🤣🤣
i got my chargeback several times, so i was speaking from experience.
never approach bank employees about this. always call customer care. i never faced issue with my UCO bank cc, they always took the request and mention the TAT. tbh, they are scary good, one time i raised dispute through the app for an outgoing txn that i did (non-UPI) to my other acc, they placed a fucking lien on the receiver acc. i had to run around both BMs to get it removed.

i got my chargeback several times, so i was speaking from experience.

never approach bank employees about this. always call customer care. i never faced issue with my UCO bank cc, they always took the request and mention the TAT. tbh, they are scary good, one time i raised dispute through the app for an outgoing txn that i did (non-UPI) to my other acc, they placed a fucking lien on the receiver acc. i had to run around both BMs to get it removed.
Yes,

I remember two years ago, someone mentioned this thing on another forum about IDFC bank -

Recently paid a person 1000 rs via UPI.

But the person denied providing the service.

Raised chargeback from idfc netbanking itself, no call, no email.

Today the person contacted me and said his bank has given him two options.

Either pay directly and tell me to withdraw the case or let the bank transfer back the amount.

All this within 3 days of registering complaint.

Raised chargeback from idfc netbanking itself, no call, no email.

Today the person contacted me and said his bank has given him two options.

Either pay directly and tell me to withdraw the case or let the bank transfer back the amount.

All this within 3 days of registering complaint.
Isn't that grossly unfair and wrong? And a recipe for misuse?

Everyone has a different opinion about UPI Chargeback.

Some people say that chargebacks are almost impossible in UPI, while others say that chargebacks are easy in UPI.

On Twitter, there was a guy saying the same thing.

But what is the truth? The truth is that UPI chargebacks are easy, and it has become even easier after the introduction of the UPI UDIR system.

However, bank employees still don't fully know how to process UPI chargebacks correctly. If you escalate the complaint to a higher level, they will definitely do it.

And I've heard about this UPI chargeback problem more often with ICICI Bank and SBI Card.

By the way do you know, 5-6 years ago, if you called ICICI Bank customer care and asked for a RuPay Platinum debit card, only about 1% of the support team knew about it. Today, 5-6 years later, at least 80% to 90% of ICICI Bank customer care knows that ICICI issues RuPay debit cards.

In fact, even today, if you ask some PSU banks for a chargeback on normal Visa/RuPay/Mastercard transactions, they will ask, 'What is a chargeback?' 🤣🤣

I wonder who this Abhishek Chatterji guy is in this twitter post that you shared.. very coincidentally the content of the post and the content of the tweet shared by this Abhishek Chattrji guy is very very similar...!!

Last edited:
So, effectively you are saying there is no real special use of Rupay Credit cards., it is just like any other Credit card on any network...
what a sad situation ..!!.
RuPay is Indian company, this is enough not to use Visa/Mastercard.

If the same card is issued on RuPay network, apply RuPay variant.

Go for Infinia, Millennia, Axis Atlas, SBI Cashback Credit Card, HSBC Live+ Credit Card, if you want to use Visa/Mastercard or if you frequently use for International transaction but i recommended apply ZERO forex Visa/Mastercards.

Go for Infinia, Millennia, Axis Atlas, SBI Cashback Credit Card, HSBC Live+ Credit Card, if you want to use Visa/Mastercard or if you frequently use for International transaction but i recommended apply ZERO forex Visa/Mastercards.
I use whatever suits for my financial requirements. I dont discriminate any card or any network ... If in a given situation if both Rupay / other networks cards offer very similar benfits then I most likely prefer using Rupay.. otherwise I use whatever benefits me the most without descriminating based on the network they are issued..

Thanks for your suggestions, however I am well aware of all these options...and I know which card to take and use..

Last edited:

So, effectively you are saying there is no real special use of Rupay Credit cards., it is just like any other Credit card on any network...
what a sad situation ..!!.
As an Indian, I have a strong affinity for Rupay, which soon or later will gain recognition as one of the top credit card networks in the world, alongside Visa and Mastercard.

However, it is important to understand that it will take time for Rupay to achieve widespread global recognition - at least five years from now.

If a product's best selling point is its country of origin, that's probably the only good thing it has going for it.
RuPay cards come with many hidden benefits that people will only fully realize in the future, but for that, RuPay needs support.
  1. Lowest or zero currency conversion rate: RuPay facilitates transactions in local currencies, which significantly reduces fees.
  2. INR Internationalization: The more RuPay cards are used, the stronger the Indian Rupee (INR) will become. Increased usage helps strengthen the currency on an international level.
Currently, billions of dollars flow out of India every year due to Visa and Mastercard transactions, with 99% of these being domestic. In return, Visa and Mastercard reinvest only a few million dollars back into India.
  1. Indirect long-term benefit: The inflation rate could slow down significantly. However, for this to happen, everyone needs to support RuPay now. If people start using it today, we may see the full benefits 20 years from now.
Remember, people often compare India with China. But they forget that from day one, China has fully supported its domestic products. The Chinese are wise enough to understand that if they support their low-quality domestic products today, tomorrow those same companies will produce better quality products.

What's interesting is that I heard this was the mindset of the Chinese in the 90s, and now Chinese companies have become exactly that—leaders in nearly every industry, with no area where they are lagging behind.

And yes, we're talking about card networks, China UnionPay Card has played a major role in making the Chinese currency so strong and the internationalization of the Chinese Yuan/Renminbi.

As an Indian, I have a strong affinity for Rupay, which soon or later will gain recognition as one of the top credit card networks in the world, alongside Visa and Mastercard.

However, it is important to understand that it will take time for Rupay to achieve widespread global recognition - at least five years from now.
Rupay naam rakh ke hee you've killed the global appeal.
Imagine if VISA was named Dollarcard....aadhe log ye soch ke nahin letee ki ye card sirf dollar ke liye hai.

Back