• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BOB has charged interest despite paying on time

DealHunter786

TF Premier
Hi All, I have a peculiar scenario with BOB card. On July 1st, I made a payment of Rs. 73,500 using HDFC billpay for my BOB card. That was the period of BBPS transition and thankfully the payment got reflected in my account before the due date of July 5th. But they also added one more credit entry of Rs. 73,500 by mistake and I was sure that the payment would be reversed sooner or later. I got my July statement bill amount as net negative coz of this. I ended up using the negative balance and in Aug statement, I got a payable amount. Now after the Aug statement has been generated, they have reversed the duplicate entry happened on July 1st and charged me interest along with GST on Aug 19th.

Isn't this unfair since they are charging me for their mistake? I called up the customer care and they asked me to send an email to crm@bobcard.co.in. I have done that. I want to know the impact on CIBIL score and how it can be rectified? Any ideas please?

Despite of knowing that it's a wrong credit entry, you should have paid the actual due calculating yourself.

Anyways, you can argue that you never knew about this and fight with them.

They reverse the same with CIBIL as well in case that happens.

I agree with above 2 Statements, you shouldn't have taken advantage of their mistake, you should've paid what was due

However they did make a mistake and as long as you pay what is due now, you can claim mistake on their part and clear any extra charges or intrest

The problem you'll face is that BOB's customer is quite sliggish and unresponsive, so getting these charges reversed might take some time, so to avoid any negative impact on your cibil you should clear all current dues asap and then continue your fight
You can eventually go upto RBI Ombudsman level if required

Them charging for their mistake is unfair but you trying to benefit from their mistake is fair?
How's that fair?
How is using the CC unfair? If BOB credited the payment twice and then reversed the 2nd credit, it means that the previous statement's dues were settled by the due date and @DealHunter786 must be given the benefit of the full credit period for the current billing cycle. BOB levying interest is illegal and a complaint to the RBI ombudsman is the best recourse

How is using the CC unfair? If BOB credited the payment twice and then reversed the 2nd credit, it means that the previous statement's dues were settled by the due date and @DealHunter786 must be given the benefit of the full credit period for the current billing cycle. BOB levying interest is illegal and a complaint to the RBI ombudsman is the best recourse
It seems that there is some error in my understanding then.

1. Suppose, in June statement (generated on 19th June) statement due was 1000 and due to BOB's mistake credit was 2000 on 1st July.

2. In July statement ( generated on 19th July), there was negative balance. This negative balance was less than 1000 say -500, meaning OP spent Rs. 500. However since the statement was negative, OP chose not to pay anything.

3. In August statement ( generated on 19th August), OP could use the negative balance amount plus some purchases and also there was reversal of extra credit by BOB. This is the time where BOB charged penalty and interest as well.

If above is correct then in my view, OP made a mistake by not paying the spent amount of Rs. 500/- during point 2.

If this is not the sequence of events, I have understood it wrong and whatever I said is not applicable.

Last edited:
Paid bob card bill payment yesterday through SBI unipay transaction is successful but amount not credited is it failed r I should wait

Hi All, I have a peculiar scenario with BOB card. On July 1st, I made a payment of Rs. 73,500 using HDFC billpay for my BOB card. That was the period of BBPS transition and thankfully the payment got reflected in my account before the due date of July 5th. But they also added one more credit entry of Rs. 73,500 by mistake and I was sure that the payment would be reversed sooner or later. I got my July statement bill amount as net negative coz of this. I ended up using the negative balance and in Aug statement, I got a payable amount. Now after the Aug statement has been generated, they have reversed the duplicate entry happened on July 1st and charged me interest along with GST on Aug 19th.

Isn't this unfair since they are charging me for their mistake? I called up the customer care and they asked me to send an email to crm@bobcard.co.in. I have done that. I want to know the impact on CIBIL score and how it can be rectified? Any ideas please?

If the BoB support response is not positive, escalate to nodal as well, asking them to reverse and also not report this to CIBIL.
Late payment impact would be significant.

If nodal fails, you can approach RBI.

All this while keep everything as usual with no late payments.

Paid bob card bill payment yesterday through SBI unipay transaction is successful but amount not credited is it failed r I should wait
BBPS payments are almost instant, so if you are not seeing any unsettled transactions in BoB app and no SMS was sent by BoB, then yes, it has failed.

The amount is usually settled and shown under transactions in 2 days, so you may chose to wait as well unless due date is not close.

BBPS payments are almost instant, so if you are not seeing any unsettled transactions in BoB app and no SMS was sent by BoB, then yes, it has failed.
Oh but transaction showing successful in sbi unipay what is that mean also after successful transaction at last it showed payment through internet banking but I paid through debit card.in how many days can I expect refund

Following this as I also have twice credit and this month's statement is negative.
However I am not mood to spend on the card this month so let's see.

About the twice credit, I wasn't so confident initially upto this post as due to recent payment issues I tried paying several times last month.

Oh but transaction showing successful in sbi unipay what is that mean also after successful transaction at last it showed payment through internet banking but I paid through debit card.in how many days can I expect refund
Refund takes 7 days technically as per SBI, but usually it takes less.

To verify, I just did a transaction of 100 INR now with debit card and payment details mentioned debit card and BoB is showing it under unsettled.
So it does showed debit card for me, so probably a bug at the time you paid or something else

Refund takes 7 days technically as per SBI, but usually it takes less.

To verify, I just did a transaction of 100 INR now with debit card and payment details mentioned debit card and BoB is showing it under unsettled.
So it does showed debit card for me, so probably a bug at the time you paid or something else
Ya but I got transaction id of payment does that mean transaction is successful it wil take time to settle

Ya but I got transaction id of payment does that mean transaction is successful it wil take time to settle
Could be one of those unusual instances because amount is shown instantly like I verified for you a while ago.
The earlier reports were of failure and deduction but your case is a bit different.

You may chose to wait for 48 hours or may also complain to SBI now that something is not right if you feel like.
You might have also received the SMS and email for the transaction.

Email for complain incase required: rinb.customer@sbi.co.in

Could be one of those unusual instances because amount is shown instantly like I verified for you a while ago.
The earlier reports were of failure and deduction but your case is a bit different.

You may chose to wait for 48 hours or may also complain to SBI now that something is not right if you feel like.
You might have also received the SMS and email for the transaction.

Email for complain incase required: rinb.customer@sbi.co.in
Oh thank u I wil complaint

I ended up using the negative balance and in Aug statement, I got a payable amount.
He spent more than the extra credit and got the next (Aug) statement with the balance amount only. However, after the statement was generated, they have reversed the extra credit and charged him interest for the entire amount (extra credit + statement amount), which is wrong, as he has until the current (Aug) statement's due date to settle this amount without any late payment fees or interest

1. Suppose, in June statement (generated on 19th June) statement due was 1000 and due to BOB's mistake credit was 2000 on 1st July.

2. In July statement ( generated on 19th July), there was negative balance. This negative balance was less than 1000 say -500, meaning OP spent Rs. 500. However since the statement was negative, OP chose not to pay anything.

3. In August statement ( generated on 19th August), OP could use the negative balance amount plus some purchases and also there was reversal of extra credit by BOB. This is the time where BOB charged penalty and interest as well.

If above is correct then in my view, OP made a mistake by not paying the spent amount of Rs. 500/- during point 2.

If this is not the sequence of events, I have understood it wrong and whatever I said is not applicable.
bro, how can he pay that 500rs if the statement was negative since no one can pay cc bill via bbps above total credit limit.
He should raise the issue on RBI and get compensation.

Them charging for their mistake is unfair but you trying to benefit from their mistake is fair?
How's that fair?
He was using only within the CC limit, how do you use the Credit limit before the negative amount goes off?? Even he use that, negative amount should be completely taken away and then the CC limit (minus)- Expense should be done.

Back