• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BOB has charged interest despite paying on time

Thanks all for the inputs..

Sent an email to BOB CRM on 20th.. no response yet and the TAT mentioned in the email is 5 working days. So no option other than to wait. I have paid the Aug bill amount now. Since there is still outstanding amount, it allows me to pay more now. Can I go ahead and pay that reversed duplicate credit amount only or pay Interest + GST along with the reversed duplicate credit amount while I wait?

Sent an email to BOB CRM on 20th.. no response yet and the TAT mentioned in the email is 5 working days. So no option other than to wait. I have paid the Aug bill amount now. Since there is still outstanding amount, it allows me to pay more now. Can I go ahead and pay that reversed duplicate credit amount only or pay Interest + GST along with the reversed duplicate credit amount while I wait?
Make full payment including all. And keep fighting for the refund.
If you will do the partial payment, situation will get worse.

Pay the dues minus the interest or late payment fees and ask for card closure with no dues certificate

BOB is giving me a dhoka by sending this ambiguous email response without clarification on the interest charged. I'm considering waiting until the next statement and taking it up to the RBI Ombudsman.

1724859767550.webp

BBPS payments are almost instant, so if you are not seeing any unsettled transactions in BoB app and no SMS was sent by BoB, then yes, it has failed.

The amount is usually settled and shown under transactions in 2 days, so you may chose to wait as well unless due date is not close.
As expected 1st payment credited after 4 days I paid twice now account is -38k is there any way to get back that to bank account from bob card

As expected 1st payment credited after 4 days I paid twice now account is -38k is there any way to get back that to bank account from bob card
If its actually twice and not a glitch, you have to email them to get it back if you do not have bob account.

They will ask where to credit the extra amount so you have to share the account details.

Since we are discussing this BOB thing, I tried paying for BOB by HDFC debit card 3 months back and it failed and BOB mailed that dues have been cleared but I knew it wasn’t, so, I paid again using net banking and now from last 2 statements its just says -1960 (overpaid). I am not using that card now and waiting to see how long will it take for BOB to fix this mistake.

Since we are discussing this BOB thing, I tried paying for BOB by HDFC debit card 3 months back and it failed and BOB mailed that dues have been cleared but I knew it wasn’t, so, I paid again using net banking and now from last 2 statements its just says -1960 (overpaid). I am not using that card now and waiting to see how long will it take for BOB to fix this mistake.
Hope you checked the hdfc debit statement for any charges after it got failed.

Is the credit for the failed payment reflected in the BOB statement? in my case, they corrected after around 50 days.

Back