• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

BOBCARD Additional Card Offer - Something Strange Happened

Krishna Kumar

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I got a BOB Eterna paid card along with an add-on card two months ago. Yesterday evening I got a WhatsApp message from BOBCARD, offering the Snapdeal Rupay LTF as an additional card. I proceeded with the link in WhatsApp message and it showed both Snapdeal and Easy cards as LTF.

I went on with applying for the Snapdeal card and I got the card instantly.
Then I opened the BOBCARD app to check on the new card.
I got a pop-up banner offering the BOB Easy Rupay card as LTF. Out of curiosity, I tried to apply for it from the app itself (Attempt 1). After entering the OTP, the application failed displaying "Technical issue" in the last step.

Then I opened the offer link from WhatsApp again to check if the Easy card is still showing there and it was there. So I tried applying for it and the application failed in the last step due to a technical issue (Attempt 2).

This morning when I opened the BOBCARD app to check on my bill payment status, the offer pop-up for Easy card came, I tried again to apply, and to my surprise the card was approved and generated instantly (Attempt 3).

And here comes the twist - When I logged in to the app again to check on the new cards, I found there are totally SEVEN cards.
Here is the list:
Eterna and Addon (2 cards)
Snapdeal (Digital) (1 card)
Easy (1 card)
Easy (Digital) ( 3 cards)

I am able to set the pin and modify transaction limits for all the cards.

This must be a software glitch that has issued me so many Easy cards. All the failed applications seem to be approved. I am still not clear how there was one normal easy card and three Digital cards. Kindly provide me suggestions on what to do next. Should I call customer care and inform them? Will these create unnecessary credit entries in my CIBIL? Kindly advise.