• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Booking hotel to family members using Accor -All

raju292938

TF Buzz
HI everyone...I want to book a hotel at Hyderabad mercure kcp for my brother using my Accor account...if i share my original id proof and login credentials to my brother...there wont be any issue while checking in right?

plz help if anyone tried this way before....

raju292938

TF Buzz
AFAIK you'll have to be a part of the booking in order to use points for that booking. If you're not travelling then it will be difficult
what is the redemption process? points will be deducted through otp right?
what if i already paid via points before arriving there?

aashish2137

TF Select
HI everyone...I want to book a hotel at Hyderabad mercure kcp for my brother using my Accor account...if i share my original id proof and login credentials to my brother...there wont be any issue while checking in right?

plz help if anyone tried this way before....
When you book through Accor, the default booking happens in your name. You cannot change that. You can add more rooms or guests to your room, the details of which can be provided at the time of check-in.

When your brother does the check-in, they will ask for IDs for all guests. If they match the photo on your ID with your brother's face, they can refuse to check-in since the booking is in your name and you've to be there. So this could work only in scenarios where they forget to check, or you are identical twins.

One more suggestion - your brother can give both IDs and say that you will arrive later as your train/ flight is delayed and then don't check-in at all.

raju292938

TF Buzz
When you book through Accor, the default booking happens in your name. You cannot change that. You can add more rooms or guests to your room, the details of which can be provided at the time of check-in.

When your brother does the check-in, they will ask for IDs for all guests. If they match the photo on your ID with your brother's face, they can refuse to check-in since the booking is in your name and you've to be there. So this could work only in scenarios where they forget to check, or you are identical twins.

One more suggestion - your brother can give both IDs and say that you will arrive later as your train/ flight is delayed and then don't check-in at all.
my brother checked in via my identity proof...and all went very well...its mercure kcp hyderabad..they stayed there for 2 nights...and remaining taxes too paid with accor rewards without any otp

yahnit

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Yup, its always advisable to call the reservation desk and let them know that your family would be staying and they'll guide us with the process. My family stayed without me a couple of times at Accor properties seamlessly

TF Premier
Yup, its always advisable to call the reservation desk and let them know that your family would be staying and they'll guide us with the process. My family stayed without me a couple of times at Accor properties seamlessly
Can you please share details how did you book. Which properties etc.

Please shed some light on this ..

akash25ch

TF Buzz
RML Group
Please explain this, it would be a great help

nikzcool

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Kindly share the process with the TF comm.

Many people want to know it and would benefit everyone, I do see that you are still active on the fourm, just not on this thread 😅

yahnit

TF Buzz
RML Group
VIP Lounge
Hey guys,

Extremely sorry, have overlooked this thread.
So, I have stayed in properties like Pullman Delhi, Novotel Aerocity Delhi, Novotel Bengaluru and Grand Mercure Mysuru.
I have called the reservation desk and asked them to make a booking and I have let them know that my family will be staying to which they agreed. While check out, they will ask your Accor Id which generates an OTP. On validation, the points will be burnt for the stay.
Note: In Novotel and Pullman properties, you can only burn in multiples of 2000 points while you can burn in multiples of 1000 points in ibis properties.

Shreyasrp

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hey guys,

Extremely sorry, have overlooked this thread.
So, I have stayed in properties like Pullman Delhi, Novotel Aerocity Delhi, Novotel Bengaluru and Grand Mercure Mysuru.
I have called the reservation desk and asked them to make a booking and I have let them know that my family will be staying to which they agreed. While check out, they will ask your Accor Id which generates an OTP. On validation, the points will be burnt for the stay.
Note: In Novotel and Pullman properties, you can only burn in multiples of 2000 points while you can burn in multiples of 1000 points in ibis properties.
I recently stayed in Novotel blr and was able to burn 3000 points for ~5400.

raviemailid

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi, I am trying to book Novotel Hyderabad from Accor login. Can I book online and pay using the points? When I go the payment page, it doesn't show any option to pay using points. Please help.

TF Premier
Hi, I am trying to book Novotel Hyderabad from Accor login. Can I book online and pay using the points? When I go the payment page, it doesn't show any option to pay using points. Please help.
Check if you are getting this option. I can see use my point option for Novotel Hyderabad

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240419_222756_ALLcom.jpg
    Screenshot_20240419_222756_ALLcom.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 11