• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

British Airways Household Account vs Friends and Family Points Pooling

A friend is willing to buy Qatar Avios from me. So I was looking for ways to transfer points. Directly through Qatar Avios costs $15 per 1000 Avios, which doesn't make any sense. Found a better way through pooling points.

It's possible to pool points with other people including friends in BA Executive Club:
When you redeem, the points would be deducted on pro-rata basis from the balance of each person. For example, if you have 9,000 Avios and your partner has 4,500, a redemption for 4,500 Avios will see 3,000 taken from you and 1,500 from your partner.

But I don't understand the difference between adding a friend in the same Household vs Friends and Family List. Members in Household List need to have the same address, whereas Friends and Family can reside at other addresses. I can change the address in my account, if the need arises. But any advantage of pooling under Household List vs Friends and Family? Please shed some light.

Links: