• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Budget 2024 July

What I mean by no impact is that the market trajectory will still remain the same. We are not comparing a scenario where there are 2 realities where one there is no ltcg/stcg and the current change. Such kind of comparison can never be done cuz no one ever can tell what would have happened if this ltcg/stcg was not changed.
For an investor.. these is definitely a hit in profits now, but will an investor reduce or stop his investment because of this.. no.

Agree with everything else you've said... However this no change thing keeps being thrown about after any change... How will we know what would have been the level after 6 months if this tax increase didn't happen?

Ofcourse in a growing economy markets keep rising up in long term but to say there is no impact because of tax rise is not backed by the data unless you've a control period where such a rise never happened
Seasoned investors are almost always long term players and in the bigger picture of things this 2.5% increase won't be big enough to stop anyone from investing and in that same horizon this change won't make any difference to the market value, govt knows this, big fund houses know this, retail investors are literally the only ones worried :)

It's a simple game of masses wanted incometax reduction, here you go 17.5k ka laddoo lets just take it from them in another way making more money ;)

During covid, every second person with a smart phone has opened a trading account and is invested in stock. That's the reason for the markets current highs and not because the economy is benefiting. Yes there may be some sectors which have grown, but not all. There is a saying in the stock market which goes like.. when the tide rises, even the $hi7 that floats rises... That's the current status of todays market.
The govt wants a piece of this cake so has increased ltcg and stcg.
There will be NO impact of this budget on the market in 6 months or less from now!!
I think it's not because of the retailer, it's because of increased significant number of trading firms in india and FPI used in F&O,

Reason behind my thinking is,
1. I have seen firm increment in large number and the fund they have is also huge.
2. Many Retailers just do normal equity trading but volumes have increased multifold in F&O

I think it's not because of the retailer, it's because of increased significant number of trading firms in india and FPI used in F&O,

Reason behind my thinking is,
1. I have seen firm increment in large number and the fund they have is also huge.
2. Many Retailers just do normal equity trading but volumes have increased multifold in F&O

You are in right in a way. Before covid there were a hand full of Demat/trading service providers and opening an account with them needed lots of documentation. During covid, so many mom and pop apps showed up making opening a Demat/trading account a click of a button. So naturally, anyone could jump in with even a small investment. These small investment from millions of ppl have pushed stocks up due to inflows. Now FnO is the riskiest of them all, at the same time it's the fastest rewarding option than long term. So most would have entered there for quick gains.
If you remember quite a while ago SEBI had increased the lot size for all FnO stocks by almost double to curb and restrict such activities.

You are in right in a way. Before covid there were a hand full of Demat/trading service providers and opening an account with them needed lots of documentation. During covid, so many mom and pop apps showed up making opening a Demat/trading account a click of a button. So naturally, anyone could jump in with even a small investment. These small investment from millions of ppl have pushed stocks up due to inflows. Now FnO is the riskiest of them all, at the same time it's the fastest rewarding option than long term. So most would have entered there for quick gains.
If you remember quite a while ago SEBI had increased the lot size for all FnO stocks by almost double to curb and restrict such activities.
lot size of FO stocks is halved bro, not doubled

lot size of FO stocks is halved bro, not doubled

I am talking of way long back and not recent.. History of lot sizes.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-07-23-15-09-55-720_com.brave.browser.webp
    Screenshot_2024-07-23-15-09-55-720_com.brave.browser.webp
    192.2 KB · Views: 7
I am talking of way long back and not recent.. History of lot sizes.
Now all account opening apps if we select f&o segment it shows warnings “95% of f and o trades are loss makers” 😃

Reactions: SSV
FM says indexation benefit removed to simplify. I say why not introduce indexation benefit for all LTCG.

I had bought a flat at 47L and sold at 51.76L after indexation its a capital loss of ~8L.
I think indexation is important in transactions where loan is involved.

Last edited:
Summary of #Budget2024 —- 50% copied from Congress Manifesto
⚡
- 30% came from Adani office
⚡
- 15% reserved to bribe TDP & JDU
⚡
- 5% reserved for RSS goóns
⚡
Meanwhile Poor & Middle Class received 😩
🔔
& continues to suffer
💔

Seems like the warning signs for the capital gains hikes were there in the past as well

Old Mint Article (2022)

The government thinks that equity investing is just free money made with no effort like the typical babus they are.

They should have taken a cue from Chankya "tax should be like a pinch" not like a wound..Rather than taxing on everything they should have simplied worked on spending power which would have leveraged money flow .That ideally is stable economy

Summary of #Budget2024 —- 50% copied from Congress Manifesto
⚡
- 30% came from Adani office
⚡
- 15% reserved to bribe TDP & JDU
⚡
- 5% reserved for RSS goóns
⚡
Meanwhile Poor & Middle Class received 😩
🔔
& continues to suffer
💔