• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Buying an EV with Credit Card - ways to maximize rewards

Hi guys & gals,
I am planning to buy an EV - Either the Tata Nexon EV LR Fearless Plus or the upcoming Curvv EV.
The on-road price here in Odisha is about 19L for the Nexon and I am willing to extend my budget till 22-23L for the Curvv EV depending upon the variant.

Now coming to the more important question - What is the best possible way to optimise CC based spends to get the maximum rewards ?
I have the following cards:
1. Axis Atlas - Limit of 80K
2. Amex MRCC - Limit of 2.7L
3. Axis Privilege - Limit of 80K
4. SBI Simply Click - Limit of 80K.
I have an upcoming family trip to Dubai in the year end. So maybe I can use my points in hotel / flights there.

I read through the forums where people have suggested to use Atlas / MRCC / Magnus Burgandy (which I don't have).
So, dear kind souls and people who have done this before, please suggest ways to get the best value out of the purchase assuming an MDR of 1%(I'd be happy if I can negotiate it to less).

Also, I have a sanctioned loan of 15L @ 0% from the State Govt. I will pay the rest from my pocket. Will making payments thru CC and then paying the outstanding from the disbursed loan be problem in any way ?? IT return wise and all ?

Thanks in advance.

Can say 100% certainty but you can use the loan amount only for the purpose for which the loan is sanctioned. In your case ideally those 15 lakhs can only be used to make payment to the dealership.
Using that money for other used can have repercussions.

Back