• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Please suggest on how to maximize reward points - Buying a car with Credit Cards

Just a wild thought. Do an arrangement with dealer to pay 1L/month along with 2% MDR. Keep something as collateral if agrees to do such kind of EMI without a financial intermediary.
That's probably too much effort for a limited value !! collateral is a risky game :(

Thank you everyone on suggestions. We finally went ahead and purchased the car mostly on CC (10 LAC on CC and 2.5lac on Bank transfer)

I did the following with the payments:

Things done:
  • Took an insurance other than the one provided by Car dealer (Acko-17K vs 36K by dealer. Paid via AU Zetta card) - 20K upfront profit
  • Paid 5lac using DCB by giving 2% to the dealer - (10K expense)
  • Paid 5lac using Magnus via BharatNxt - (7375 expense )

Things to do:
  • Pay the 10lac CC bill using Cheq - 10K Amz Voucher
  • Pay to Cheq using ICICI Debit card - 1250 (0.25p per 200)
  • Reward points from Diners - 17K points worth INR 17K
  • Edge Reward points from Magnus - 30432+25000 = 55432 worth INR 11086 in vouchers or 44K Miles worth 35K INR (Assuming 1Mile = 0.8Rs)
Total Profit = INR 2,625 (Realized) + INR 63,250 (To be realized)

Spent = ~10.34 lac

Thank you everyone on suggestions. We finally went ahead and purchased the car mostly on CC (10 LAC on CC and 2.5lac on Bank transfer)

Things done:
  • Took an insurance other than the one provided by Car dealer (Acko-17K vs 36K by dealer. Paid via AU Zetta card) - 20K upfront profit

Things to do:
  • Edge Reward points from Magnus - 30432+25000 = 55432 worth INR 11086 in vouchers or 44K Miles worth 35K INR (Assuming 1Mile = 0.8Rs)
Why au zetta for insurance?

Things done:

Things to do:
@luckymurari Well done!

And, thank you for sharing all the details.

Things done:

Things to do:
Congrats on getting the car!

I am planning to buy a car as well using credit card and I have the same cards as you!

Any reason for not paying the whole amount with Magnus instead of paying 5L with DCB? Considering a lower reward rate and higher fees?

Also, did you pay 5L at one go using BharatNxt? I read somewhere that there was a cap of 6k points per transaction. Not sure if it was just for insurance or other transactions as well.

I am planning to buy a car as well using credit card and I have the same cards as you!

Any reason for not paying the whole amount with Magnus instead of paying 5L with DCB? Considering a lower reward rate and higher fees?

Also, did you pay 5L at one go using BharatNxt? I read somewhere that there was a cap of 6k points per transaction. Not sure if it was just for insurance or other transactions as well.
cap of 6k points per transaction is for insurance

I did it to split my CC usage. No particular logic behind it.

In BharatNxt I paid it as 2+2+1lac transactions

I bought car using ACKODRIVE. saved me more then 30k vs retail dealers.
Tell me more about the process please i GOT A QUOTE of 14.60L for Skoda ambition 1.0 and accko selling at 14L after all discount

Back