• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

C2C Application Requirements

chacks18

TF Select
I received a pre-approved offer for IDFC First Millenia credit card last week (which I got by a trick that I used). I got my card details the same day. This is my first ever credit card with a Limit of 40k. So I just wanted to ask you guys whether for card to card based application am I eligible for any cards. Is there any card that I can get using this card except for RBL and HDFC. I know there is an common requirement from every bank that the existing card must be at least 6 months old, but still. I just wanted to know, is there any chance that I'll get any card against this new card if I apply after this card gets reported in Credit reports. (As I guess this is the only logic there behind this 6 months old requirement)

Last edited:
Just keep minimum balance and use their debit card where you can and you will get it sooner or later. Especially if its a private bank.
(All this is assuming u dont have any other CC already. If u do and have a good cibil or salary slip to show, just apply and get the card u want)

I received a pre-approved offer for IDFC First Millenia credit card last week (which I got by a trick that I used). I got my card details the same day. This is my first ever credit card with a Limit of 40k. So I just wanted to ask you guys whether for card to card based application am I eligible for any cards. Is there any card that I can get using this card except for RBL and HDFC. I know there is an common requirement from every bank that the existing card must be at least 6 months old, but still. I just wanted to know, is there any chance that I'll get any card against this new card if I apply after this card gets reported in Credit reports. (As I guess this is the only logic there behind this 6 months old requirement)
Can you share the trick?i have 7-8 bank cc but idfc is rejecting each time

Can you share the trick?i have 7-8 bank cc but idfc is rejecting each time
Already shared here.

@Sajid @Srinivas Reddy @Parveshgarg

I opened this 10k account in October and received the offer by mid February. I opened this account as there were gift card offers as welcome benefits.

I'm not 100% sure if you're going to get the offer by following what I've done but definitely worth giving a shot.
I can only share what I've followed according to my personal logic, totally upto you whether to try or not.

1. Maintain AMB at any cost whether it is 10k or 25k. Not to fall short on it, no matter what.

2. Make this your primary account. Do all of your transactions from this account only. I even ignored all the offers on my other bank cards and used this account only.

3. Use your debit card as much as possible. If you have Kotak 811 account add money in it with your IDFC debit card just to make debit card transactions. Make sure the payment page is with merchant name as PAYU and not KOTAK MAHINDRA BANK. (Logic behind it is - whenever I used my SBI debit card I earned rewards for the PAYU transactions only.)

4. If Possible - Link your Zerodha account with IDFC. (IDFC 3 in 1 Account) All you need to do is send a POA to Zerodha Bangalore address.
(I used to have small amount of investments, but mostly I just used this to add money from this account to Zerodha trading account and then withdrawing back into IDFC account.)

5. Salary Credit- Do NEFT transfers every month on a same date (Try for 1st) with fixed amount (At least 40k). You can ask any of your friends to do this transfer from his account.
Fun fact: The NEFT transactions my friend made to my account were of 40k and my pre-approved card limit was the same, so maybe a key-point.

6. There's a in-app my finance section. So Keep updating your transactions with suitable categories remark. Like for the Salary credit transactions, Zerodha transactions as investments etc.

Apart from this, I was maintaining my CIBIL > 770. I don't know whether this plays any kinda role here as I've seen a lot of people getting pre-approved offers without having any credit history.

Though, Flipkart Pay Later & Ola Money Postpaid+ might definitely help as it is IDFC powered. You'll surely going to get approved for both if you're having descent CIBIL score.

I guess ignoring other offers and transacting through this account only finally paid off cause I've earned more than 3000₹ worth of rewards and benefits within the first two statements only.

My card was generated within 2 mins.

What trick did you use for idfc first card ??

@Sajid @Srinivas Reddy @Parveshgarg

I opened this 10k account in October and received the offer by mid February. I opened this account as there were gift card offers as welcome benefits.

I'm not 100% sure if you're going to get the offer by following what I've done but definitely worth giving a shot.
I can only share what I've followed according to my personal logic, totally upto you whether to try or not.

1. Maintain AMB at any cost whether it is 10k or 25k. Not to fall short on it, no matter what.

2. Make this your primary account. Do all of your transactions from this account only. I even ignored all the offers on my other bank cards and used this account only.

3. Use your debit card as much as possible. If you have Kotak 811 account add money in it with your IDFC debit card just to make debit card transactions. Make sure the payment page is with merchant name as PAYU and not KOTAK MAHINDRA BANK. (Logic behind it is - whenever I used my SBI debit card I earned rewards for the PAYU transactions only.)

4. If Possible - Link your Zerodha account with IDFC. (IDFC 3 in 1 Account) All you need to do is send a POA to Zerodha Bangalore address.
(I used to have small amount of investments, but mostly I just used this to add money from this account to Zerodha trading account and then withdrawing back into IDFC account.)

5. Salary Credit- Do NEFT transfers every month on a same date (Try for 1st) with fixed amount (At least 40k). You can ask any of your friends to do this transfer from his account.
Fun fact: The NEFT transactions my friend made to my account were of 40k and my pre-approved card limit was the same, so maybe a key-point.

6. There's a in-app my finance section. So Keep updating your transactions with suitable categories remark. Like for the Salary credit transactions, Zerodha transactions as investments etc.

Apart from this, I was maintaining my CIBIL > 770. I don't know whether this plays any kinda role here as I've seen a lot of people getting pre-approved offers without having any credit history.

Though, Flipkart Pay Later & Ola Money Postpaid+ might definitely help as it is IDFC powered. You'll surely going to get approved for both if you're having descent CIBIL score.

I guess ignoring other offers and transacting through this account only finally paid off cause I've earned more than 3000₹ worth of rewards and benefits within the first two statements only.

My card was generated within 2 mins.
Well nobody can ever understand the exact criteria for issuing credit card these days.. sharing my experience with IDFC

Applied online and offered IDFC select on card 2 card basis in january 2022 but got rejected after showing in-process for 2 weeks.
In march 2022 opened IDFC saving account with MAB 25k, transferred 5 lac in one go to get the wealth account but not upgraded till now. While in april utilized around 1 lac from the account for credit bill payment and other transfers. Now from starting of may 2022 start getting pre-approved offer for IDFC Classic card.
Felt disappointed my target was IDFC select or wealth so whole May passed I didnt applied. In Starting of june talk to my RM regarding no upgrade to wealth saving account for which he told me to wait for some time, then I informed him about the pre-approved offer for credit card, he advise me to avail the offer now and will try to get it upgrade later. So with a hope applied for the IDFC Card hoping would get it instant but not so. They did my office verification and due to mine unavailability at my office for a week my card got delayed by a week and finally on 12jun got my IDFC classic card

Can You Please Share That Trick In DM With Me?

Back