• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can I have Infinia and DCB both?

Cardmarvel

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello,

I currently hold HDFC Infinia. Today I emailed them asking about DCB LTF under alumni program. I explicitly told them that I don’t want to close my Infinia and would only take DCB if offered as a second and LTF card. I see that made a Cibil enquiry and now asked me fill up a form.

My question is: does anyone hold both Infinia and DCB? If so, what happens to the reward points? Are they earned and redeemed separately? Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks

Hello,

I currently hold HDFC Infinia. Today I emailed them asking about DCB LTF under alumni program. I explicitly told them that I don’t want to close my Infinia and would only take DCB if offered as a second and LTF card. I see that made a Cibil enquiry and now asked me fill up a form.

My question is: does anyone hold both Infinia and DCB? If so, what happens to the reward points? Are they earned and redeemed separately? Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks
Many hold Infinnia and DCB together and some even have both as LTF

CIBIL inquiry will be done as it is a new card, but try if they can prune it.
Since I'd only enquired about the DCB LTF offer, I didn't expect them to do a hard enquiry. Sure if and when I apply, they are free to check Cibil (which might still be unnecessary given that I hold Infinia with a decent credit limit). Anyways, I wrote them back protesting about the hard enquiry but won't pursue it much.

Since I'd only enquired about the DCB LTF offer, I didn't expect them to do a hard enquiry. Sure if and when I apply, they are free to check Cibil (which might still be unnecessary given that I hold Infinia with a decent credit limit). Anyways, I wrote them back protesting about the hard enquiry but won't pursue it much.
Wow! Yes, if you just enquired without giving them any go ahead, they have no right to do any inquiry.

Here, will suggest you fight tooth and nail - as they clearly erred.

Wow! Yes, if you just enquired without giving them any go ahead, they have no right to do any inquiry.

Here, will suggest you fight tooth and nail - as they clearly erred.
This is what I wrote to Imperia CC. They did Cibil enquiry and then responded to the email asking me to fill in a form and saying that their local sales team will contact me in 7-10 days.

```
I got to know about the DCB card being offered on LTF basis for alumni of a few selected colleges. I am an alumni of <<college>> and wanted to check if the offer is applicable to <<college>> alumni. I currently hold HDFC Infinia and I DO NOT want to change from Infinia to DCB, but I would be happy to hold DCB as a second card if the offer is still available.
```

I confirmed the same with the HDFC Diners cc (the ones who call you once you submit the form for the Diners Institute program).

We have both options:
  1. Convert existing card to Diners, entire limit will be transferred. This is a quick process and doesn't require sending any form to the Chennai HQ. Just a mail to the person as per a specified format.

2. Get Diners in addition to your existing card. The limit of your existing card will be split into both cards, unlike the aggregate limit in Axis (For ex., mine is 10L, so he mentioned I'll get 6L in Diners Black and only 4L will remain in the existing card). But it would require sending the form for new Diners to Chennai HQ, so a longer process.

I confirmed the same with the HDFC Diners cc (the ones who call you once you submit the form for the Diners Institute program).

We have both options:
  1. Convert existing card to Diners, entire limit will be transferred. This is a quick process and doesn't require sending any form to the Chennai HQ. Just a mail to the person as per a specified format.

2. Get Diners in addition to your existing card. The limit of your existing card will be split into both cards, unlike the aggregate limit in Axis (For ex., mine is 10L, so he mentioned I'll get 6L in Diners Black and only 4L will remain in the existing card). But it would require sending the form for new Diners to Chennai HQ, so a longer process.
Sending the application to Chennai office isn't a lengthy procedure. You may get the card delivered in 10-12 days from the day you speed post the application.

Sending the application to Chennai office isn't a lengthy procedure. You may get the card delivered in 10-12 days from the day you speed post the application.
Comparatively longer than the 1st option though :) where the card may be delivered in 3-5 days.

But again I might be biased coz I HATE that we're still required to post these applications! Imho that extra effort is unjustified :ROFLMAO:

They declined (I did not formally apply, but they just responded to my email) without giving any reason. I have now escalated and asked them the reasons

Response from the escalation desk:

We regret to inform you that we are unable to approve your request for Diners Club black card as dual carding with Infinia and black is not feasible.

Back