• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can I have Infinia and DCB both?

Cardmarvel

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hello,

I currently hold HDFC Infinia. Today I emailed them asking about DCB LTF under alumni program. I explicitly told them that I don’t want to close my Infinia and would only take DCB if offered as a second and LTF card. I see that made a Cibil enquiry and now asked me fill up a form.

My question is: does anyone hold both Infinia and DCB? If so, what happens to the reward points? Are they earned and redeemed separately? Anything else I should be aware of?

Thanks

Update: Spent 8.1K for the Degree Certificate from Alma Mater. Sent the same to HDFC, in continuation to previous communications. AND......

My Tata Neu Infinity Card has been upgraded to LTF Diners Club Black card. It is visible in HDFC Mobile App as transfer in today. INFINIA Card has not been touched, and in fact I did not mention anything about my Infinia, during entire email communications.

Very Very Happy, now I have both LTF DCB and FYF INFINIA METAL.

दो दो..... :)
Thank you for sharing your experience. Seeing yours even I tried to place an upgrade request, which went fine via the
PriorityRedressal.CreditCards@hdfcbank.com.
I was holding infinia paid + tata neu ltf. Now tata neu ltf is upgraded to dcb ltf. Infinia upgrade was done from DCB (In March 2023).

The question now is, how to get back the tata neu LTF? any ideas or experiences you have read it around?

Thank you for sharing your experience. Seeing yours even I tried to place an upgrade request, which went fine via the
I was holding infinia paid + tata neu ltf. Now tata neu ltf is upgraded to dcb ltf. Infinia upgrade was done from DCB (In March 2023).

The question now is, how to get back the tata neu LTF? any ideas or experiences you have read it around?
Good question. Go to Neu App, and apply again and try your luck.

By the way, my spouse has Infinia LTF. I just checked she has offer for FYF Tata Neu Infinity card. I think, if we wait for sometime, it will be offered as LTF.

tata neu infinity to dcb ltf thru alumni program ?

Hey @amol1729 and @bitsst, you guys provide a great example that DCB->Infinia and then Tata Neu->DCB LTF can be done, which means it's possible to have both Infinia and DCB LTF.

Btw, did you get any issue w.r.t to the limit on the Tata Neu, since it would have been shared with the Core HDFC card?

Also, @amol1729, you mentioned that that your DCB to infinia happened in March 23. When did the Tata Neu to DCB happen? Just want to understand how much gap to keep between the two requests.

Lastly, I have both HDFC UPI RuPay and Tata Neu Infinity, and since there doesn't seem to be a need for two RuPay cards, do you think it would be possible to upgrade the UPI RuPay to DCB rather than Tata Neu to DCB?

Hey @amol1729 and @bitsst, you guys provide a great example that DCB->Infinia and then Tata Neu->DCB LTF can be done, which means it's possible to have both Infinia and DCB LTF.

Btw, did you get any issue w.r.t to the limit on the Tata Neu, since it would have been shared with the Core HDFC card?

Also, @amol1729, you mentioned that that your DCB to infinia happened in March 23. When did the Tata Neu to DCB happen? Just want to understand how much gap to keep between the two requests.

Lastly, I have both HDFC UPI RuPay and Tata Neu Infinity, and since there doesn't seem to be a need for two RuPay cards, do you think it would be possible to upgrade the UPI RuPay to DCB rather than Tata Neu to DCB?
No issues in limit. Even if you have 5 cards from HDFC, all will share the same limit pool.

In my opinion UPI RuPay Card to LTF DCB is possible through alumni route.

I already have ltf DCB thru alumni. How should I proceed to get both Infinia & DCB ?
  • Should I take a floater/cobranded card now and try to upgrade that to Infinia (keeping my DCB as is)
  • Or try to upgrade DCB to Infinia , and then floater/cobranded card again to ltf dcb under alumni ?

I already have ltf DCB thru alumni. How should I proceed to get both Infinia & DCB ?
  • Should I take a floater/cobranded card now and try to upgrade that to Infinia (keeping my DCB as is)
  • Or try to upgrade DCB to Infinia , and then floater/cobranded card again to ltf dcb under alumni ?
Even I have same doubt.
As my DCB is from oldest card account(~6-8 yrs), I don't wanna close it in future. So I want to retain DCB and upgrade the co branded card to Infinia instead so that if they devalue infinia a lot in future I won't hesitate to close it.
Apart from this I have more doubt, lets just say i upgrade my DCB to Infinia, will they let me downgrade to LTF DCB in future.. If yes can go for this as well but need some confirmation from someone.

Even I have same doubt.
As my DCB is from oldest card account(~6-8 yrs), I don't wanna close it in future. So I want to retain DCB and upgrade the co branded card to Infinia instead so that if they devalue infinia a lot in future I won't hesitate to close it.
Apart from this I have more doubt, lets just say i upgrade my DCB to Infinia, will they let me downgrade to LTF DCB in future.. If yes can go for this as well but need some confirmation from someone.
+1

Tata Neu to DCB happened like 2 weeks ago. So you can approximate it to 3 months gap.
Yes, that could be a nice idea to upgrade UPI rupay to DCB. Provided hdfc allows this.

i recently upgraded ltf dcb to fyf infinia.. they didn’t agree to let me keep both cards.. i also have ltf tata neu infinity
Actually, the argument isn't that you can keep both cards at the very outset, but that you can upgrade dcb to infinia and then Tata neu to dcb ltf (assuming you can avail the Alumni offer).

A possible hack to keep both cards.

Even I have same doubt.
Infinia can not be downgraded to DCB.

A. Those of you who have Infinia, first get Tata Neu or any other Co-branded card, wait for a quarter and then shoot a request for upgrade of co-branded card to DCB thru alumni route.

B. Those of you, who have DCB, and have an option and desire to Upgrade to Infinia, upgrade to Infinia first, then get a co-branded card wait for a quarter and get it upgraded to DCB thru Alumni route.

C. Those of you, who have DCB, but no offer to upgrade and are desirous of upgrading to Infinia, get a co-branded card first, keep on trying for DCB Upgrade to Infinia, once successful get the co-branded card upgraded to DCB thru Alumni route.

How old was your DCB and how was your spending pattern for last 6 months ?
DCB was 7-8 yrs old. Spending was 50% of requirement but i told them spend low due to low acceptance of Diners and also i had decent spends on tata neu infinity.. after escalating to pno they agreed..

Infinia can not be downgraded to DCB.

A. Those of you who have Infinia, first get Tata Neu or any other Co-branded card, wait for a quarter and then shoot a request for upgrade of co-branded card to DCB thru alumni route.

B. Those of you, who have DCB, and have an option and desire to Upgrade to Infinia, upgrade to Infinia first, then get a co-branded card wait for a quarter and get it upgraded to DCB thru Alumni route.

C. Those of you, who have DCB, but no offer to upgrade and are desirous of upgrading to Infinia, get a co-branded card first, keep on trying for DCB Upgrade to Infinia, once successful get the co-branded card upgraded to DCB thru Alumni route.
but then if in future i want to close infinia, i will lose the oldest card :|
could be bad for cibil.. not sure how much..

Back