• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can I open a Online ICICI savings account and convert it into Privilage Banking Program?

Ekavya

TF Premier
My ICICI CC limit is 4.6L. So I am elligible for Privilage Banking Program. My Net banking banner also showing the Privilage banking logo. So can I just open a Savings account online (I am lazy to go to Branch) upgrade it into Privilage banking program?

I got account directly with icici amazon pay credit card when I applied and as per new rbi norms any cashback to be credited to banking account hence I got free saving account with 0 balance and got debit card and cheque book and also got credit card offers and other offers for self employed category
yeah explain a bit and how you opened the bank account (online or branch)

Can you explain a little bit more? Amazon ICICI reward points getting credited in Savings account?
Screenshot 2024-09-16 220751.webp

one you fall in case II and you don't use the negative balance for that billing cycle the amount must be credited to your bank account so where can it be credited it needs one saving account hence bank automatically open savings account. in case you have made any auto payment or other bank account for amount to pay etc then bank wont open another account for you.

in my case I don't use any negative balance etc hence they are forced to credit it back to my account of such refunds when order is cancelled and cashback is auto cut in the Amazon account.

View attachment 69072

one you fall in case II and you don't use the negative balance for that billing cycle the amount must be credited to your bank account so where can it be credited it needs one saving account hence bank automatically open savings account. in case you have made any auto payment or other bank account for amount to pay etc then bank wont open another account for you.

in my case I don't use any negative balance etc hence they are forced to credit it back to my account of such refunds when order is cancelled and cashback is auto cut in the Amazon account.

I needed that rule when I got my Amazon Pay Credit card Approved

My ICICI CC limit is 4.6L. So I am elligible for Privilage Banking Program. My Net banking banner also showing the Privilage banking logo. So can I just open a Savings account online (I am lazy to go to Branch) upgrade it into Privilage banking program?
Need to go to branch. I tried two times via net banking but rejected and told me to visit branch.

View attachment 69072

This is for orders which are cancelled. This is not for 5% cashback which you receive from Apay ICICI card.

I have a zero balance account in ICICI which I opened online in Aug-23 by depositing 95,000 as opening balance. This offer was running back then, in the mid of Aug-24, ICICI upgraded my account to privilege banking account automatically, my TRV with ICICI is less than 50K. I feel that if you open bank account, they may automatically upgrade it to privilege banking account. However, I didn't feel anything special so far while operating the account. Maybe in branch banking experience would be different but I rarely need to visit branch.
How to check TRV in icici bank..?

I also would like to know regarding the TRV with ICICI Bank. I was requesting an ICICI Emeralde Private Metal Credit Card after I got an upgrade offer for the normal Emeralde PVC card. They told TRV is less so they cannot offer, but they failed to tell the value of TRV.

I also would like to know regarding the TRV with ICICI Bank. I was requesting an ICICI Emeralde Private Metal Credit Card after I got an upgrade offer for the normal Emeralde PVC card. They told TRV is less so they cannot offer, but they failed to tell the value of TRV.
How to check TRV in icici bank..?
Try: Login to internet banking>overview>account summary.
It shows combined summary of all bank accounts, DEMAT accounts, deposit, loan and credit card accounts held at ICICI.

It's show total assets and total liabilities, both are considered or not..?
Both are considered, their weightage can differ from one account variant to another. For example, for wealth accounts
Wealth Management services are offered to customers maintaining a Deposits and Investment Value* (DIV) of minimum Rs 50 lakh and to Wealth Salary Account holders with a minimum net salary of Rs 3 lakh per month.

*Deposits and Investment Value includes:

• Savings Account and Current Account balances
  • Fixed Deposits
  • Mutual Fund holdings value
  • ULIP holdings value
  • 70% of Demat holdings
  • 30% of Home Loan disbursed

Both are considered, their weightage can differ from one account variant to another. For example, for wealth accounts
Wealth Management services are offered to customers maintaining a Deposits and Investment Value* (DIV) of minimum Rs 50 lakh and to Wealth Salary Account holders with a minimum net salary of Rs 3 lakh per month.

*Deposits and Investment Value includes:

• Savings Account and Current Account balances
  • Fixed Deposits
  • Mutual Fund holdings value
  • ULIP holdings value
  • 70% of Demat holdings
  • 30% of Home Loan disbursed
Thanks for information.

Back