• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can Personal Loan be used to buy two wheelers ?

krishc

TF Ace
I was checking two wheeler loans and what I can see is pre-approved personal loans are comparatively cheaper than bike loans !
Also, the hassle with hypothecation is not there in case I pay with personal loan.
Just wanted to check if banks can make trouble later anyway if they find out later ?

You can do anything with personal loan.
But bike loans would be cheaper since it is secured loan. Personal loans are unsecured so they would be charged higher.

How much interest rate is showing for personal loan and bike loan?

Check with other banks they will offer better rates on bike loan

I went with first option, I was offered 14% for 2 wheeler loan whereas I had 10.5% for PL.
yes I'm seeing similar range
PL between 11-12%
whereas two wheelers officially starting from 10.5% & 11% in promos but my research tells me effectively the final rate would be at least 12+ % along with processing fee, hypothecation at RTO charge, and final NOC regarding that

I was checking two wheeler loans and what I can see is pre-approved personal loans are comparatively cheaper than bike loans !
Also, the hassle with hypothecation is not there in case I pay with personal loan.
Just wanted to check if banks can make trouble later anyway if they find out later ?

Which bike r u buying

My brother bought a scooter in 2023 where they stated that there won't be any mention of HYPOTHECATION in RC as the rule was changed.
He now cleared all dues. Need to check the status of it.

Last edited:

on paper rule.. no

but generally its possible.

on paper rule.. no

but generally its possible.

Ms Dhoni GIF by WinZO Games

Back