• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Can someone please Explain the no cost emi

And Tizen OS is better?
As per my experience, for TV, you should get a 4k firetv or something similar. Inbuild TV OS is always crap.
The apps that i use mostly is prime, netflix, hotstar, ott play, youtube. All of these are available and I'm happy. Most important thing is the boot up time. U click the remote and in 2 seconds the UI is on and ready to use.

The apps that i use mostly is prime, netflix, hotstar, ott play, youtube. All of these are available and I'm happy. Most important thing is the boot up time. U click the remote and in 2 seconds the UI is on and ready to use.
I have also been exploring samsung mini qled series but yet to order. How has been your experience with this model tv you bought? Any findings that you would like to share before, as I am planning to buy either QN85D or QN90D

I have used all these TVs and their OSes. was kind of into different televisions a few years ago. No television has yet pleased me or satisfied me. All lack something. Even now, I have 3 working televisions- 45-65 inches set at my place - all from different manufacturers. In those, the 65inch one is hardly being used- once or twice a month,

In my view, LG has the best display. Samsung and Sony are ok because of their better overall customization on the software side. TVs should always be purchased based on display quality, not OS or software- those are just gimmicks.

But if it works for you, then no argument matters. In the end, it's your own choice. 👍

In my view, LG has the best display.
LG manufactures display panels for almost all major brands. Their TV line is extremely good especially mid range+.
But Sony triumphs over LG in many aspects in my opinion. The picture quality and sound both.

LG manufactures display panels for almost all major brands. Their TV line is extremely good especially mid range+.
But Sony triumphs over LG in many aspects in my opinion. The picture quality and sound both.
Wrong. LG doesn't manufacture displays, Samsung manufactures displays and supplies to LG and other brands. LG does their customisations on top of it. Samsung displays are more rawish you can say, LG and sony ones are more filtered displays, in a way u can say those who like filtered edited photos from cameras mobile phones will always find LG, sony displays to be better

@EnthuCC @the_dark_knight 🤣 🤣🤣

Half knowledge. I don't have time to write things down, but this chat-gpt answer can clear most of the things-

Here’s a breakdown of which statements are true and false:

1. "LG manufactures display panels for almost all major brands."
    • True (with clarification): LG Display, a subsidiary of LG, manufactures panels, especially OLED, and supplies them to major brands like Sony, Vizio, and others. However, it’s not entirely accurate to say they supply "almost all" brands, as Samsung, for example, manufactures its own displays.
  2. "Sony triumphs over LG in many aspects in my opinion. The picture quality and sound both."
    • Subjective: This is an opinion, and it depends on personal preferences. Sony is known for its advanced picture processing (like their Cognitive Processor XR) and sound systems, which some users prefer, but others might like LG's offerings, especially in OLED TVs.
  3. "LG doesn't manufacture displays, Samsung manufactures displays and supplies to LG and other brands."
    • False: LG Display does manufacture displays and is one of the largest suppliers of OLED panels globally. Samsung does not supply displays to LG.
  4. "LG does their customizations on top of it."
    • False: LG manufactures their own OLED and LCD panels and applies their own processing technology to their TVs. They don't typically source panels from Samsung.
  5. "Samsung displays are more rawish, LG and Sony ones are more filtered."
    • Subjective: This statement seems to reflect a personal opinion on the differences in image processing. Samsung tends to focus on brightness and vibrant colors, while LG and Sony often emphasize more accurate colors and better motion handling, which some might describe as "filtered." This is not an objective fact, though.

Sony TV displays are a level above LG's
I have 50 inch, 55 inch and 65 inch.
LG's can't compete unless we are talking top of the line OLED

Samsung is not in the picture. Sub-par

LG doesn't manufacture displays
LG manufactures IPS(and other LCD) and OLED panels.

It's the OEM for majority displays in market. Their display is used by Samsung(TVs), Apple, Sony, and many laptop brands etc. You can verify by it yourself.
  1. "LG manufactures display panels for almost all major brands."
    • True (with clarification): LG Display, a subsidiary of LG, manufactures panels, especially OLED, and supplies them to major brands like Sony, Vizio, and others. However, it’s not entirely accurate to say they supply "almost all" brands, as Samsung, for example, manufactures its own displays.
  2. "Sony triumphs over LG in many aspects in my opinion. The picture quality and sound both."
    • Subjective: This is an opinion, and it depends on personal preferences. Sony is known for its advanced picture processing (like their Cognitive Processor XR) and sound systems, which some users prefer, but others might like LG's offerings, especially in OLED TVs.
Not sure what do you consider "half knowledge". None of the things I mentioned are incorrect. Samsung manufactures display for their phones (AMOLED) but in their TVs they rely on LG WOLED and IPS displays . They've in fact signed agreement of it.

The picture quality of Sony TV is superior to LG. Sony's engine supports wide color gamut, great colour accuracy, consistent HDR details performance, low or almost none backlit bleeding in IPS displays, amazing brightness and contrast (check the black levels in completely dark room), good 4K upscaling (I've tested 480p content up scaled and still looking good), and balanced motion blur (great for action movies).

The good thing is that both Sony and LG OLED TVs top end TVs come without PWM flickering issue as both use LG panels.

I didn't mention sound quality to make the message longer.

Both TVs are great.

If you compare flagship Sony OLED vs. flagship LG OLED then you will notice the difference. If Sony is 100 then LG is 90.

And like you said, "it's subjective". 😉

1. "Samsung displays are more rawish, LG and Sony ones are more filtered."
    • Subjective: This statement seems to reflect a personal opinion on the differences in image processing. Samsung tends to focus on brightness and vibrant colors, while LG and Sony often emphasize more accurate colors and better motion handling, which some might describe as "filtered." This is not an objective fact, though.
ChatGPT (or any other GenAI) is not intelligent enough (yet) to answer this question. Just put the question other way round and see what's the output.

By other way round, I mean LG and Sony displays are more rawish, Samsung ones are more filtered

Not sure what do you consider "half knowledge".
For example this.

flagship Sony OLED

Now this

amazing brightness and contrast (check the black levels in completely dark room),
I used to have one of Sony's high-end TV with Sony's X-Reality PRO 4K technology. and the whole software was dumb. In the dark room, the screen will brighten up and will become gray if there are any subtitles enabled or small part is white. This was due to their adv cont enhancer or black adjust option being enabled by default.
There are so many things that I can talk about.
But for you, I would like to mention only one and that is when the colors are calibrated on any TV display manually, on the TV software we disable all the so-called latest fancy software options that manufacturers provide to attract regular innocent customers.

Back