• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Canara Bank Savings Account

Hi all, I'm interested in opening a Canara Bank savings account as a secondary account. Which type of savings accounts are offered by the bank?
Mainly need it for daily expenses (UPI), making utility payments, transfer to family members etc., I'm okay with maintaining about 2K to 5K as average monthly balance. How is their net banking and their mobile app?

Hi all, I'm interested in opening a Canara Bank savings account as a secondary account. Which type of savings accounts are offered by the bank?
Mainly need it for daily expenses (UPI), making utility payments, transfer to family members etc., I'm okay with maintaining about 2K to 5K as average monthly balance. How is their net banking and their mobile app?
Netbanking and mobile app may look similar to other psu banks, but they work fine.
A lot of my relatives are happy customers. They all use UPI, frequent daily txns, and have no failures.
Looks like any SB account will do in your case.
For MAB, please ask local branch because the MAB varies depending on the location (metro/urban/rural).

I have Canara SB from almost 5 years now, when I opened the account AMB was 2000 at that time in a metro city, I believe it is still the same. They do charge Instant if you don't maintain AMB, I was charged ₹30 NMMB, they charge ₹21 SMS charge. The application works fine 9.5/10 if not you can also download a internet Banking application which is also available in Play Store which works 10/10. They also forced for insurance when I opened the account they deducted 500.

I have Canara SB from almost 5 years now, when I opened the account AMB was 2000 at that time in a metro city, I believe it is still the same. They do charge Instant if you don't maintain AMB, I was charged ₹30 NMMB, they charge ₹21 SMS charge. The application works fine 9.5/10 if not you can also download a internet Banking application which is also available in Play Store which works 10/10. They also forced for insurance when I opened the account they deducted 500.
Mostly same.
I remember opening accounts with 1k-2k. There are sms charges and DC charges.

Netbanking and mobile app may look similar to other psu banks, but they work fine.
A lot of my relatives are happy customers. They all use UPI, frequent daily txns, and have no failures.
Looks like any SB account will do in your case.
For MAB, please ask local branch because the MAB varies depending on the location (metro/urban/rural).
Thanks .. Will check with local branch.

Back