• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cancelled Flight Booked through SmartBuy

Achal

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I had booked a flight ticket using Infinia reward points (70%) + Infinia CC (30%) through EaseMyTrip in SmartBuy.
Now the airline has cancelled the flight from their end and issued a full refund.

How will I get the refund back? Whom should I email/call for a follow-up?

I had booked a flight ticket using Infinia reward points (70%) + Infinia CC (30%) through EaseMyTrip in SmartBuy.
Now the airline has cancelled the flight from their end and issued a full refund.

How will I get the refund back? Whom should I email/call for a follow-up?
Contact the smartbuy partner for refund. Like MMT/Yatra or Cleartrip.

Thanks Bhavye
Update:
Contacted EaseMyTrip and had to cancel the ticket manually from here as well.
₹225 (Convenience fee while booking) + ₹300 (For cancelling) = ₹525 was deducted per pax.

After this, in few days got an email from SmartBuy regarding the refund automatically. Did not have to call them.

Got my points back in the voucher that was used and when the voucher expires, the points will be credited back to your account.
The cash component was credited back to my CC.

Hope that helps someone
Thanks

I had one query with redeeming points for flight booking.

Generally with flight we can find some coupon codes which give discount from 700-1500 (or more sometime). So can we apply such coupons if we book flights using HDFC smart buy portal and pay with points (70%)?

Example:
A flight from Del -> BGL costs INR 7000.
Discount MMT800 gives discount of INR 800.
Price of flight after discount: 7000-800 = 6200

Can I pay 70% of this 6200 using my points for Infinia/DCB card?

Thanks Bhavye
Update:
Contacted EaseMyTrip and had to cancel the ticket manually from here as well.
₹225 (Convenience fee while booking) + ₹300 (For cancelling) = ₹525 was deducted per pax.

After this, in few days got an email from SmartBuy regarding the refund automatically. Did not have to call them.

Got my points back in the voucher that was used and when the voucher expires, the points will be credited back to your account.
The cash component was credited back to my CC.

Hope that helps someone
Thanks
thank you so much

I had one query with redeeming points for flight booking.

Generally with flight we can find some coupon codes which give discount from 700-1500 (or more sometime). So can we apply such coupons if we book flights using HDFC smart buy portal and pay with points (70%)?

Example:
A flight from Del -> BGL costs INR 7000.
Discount MMT800 gives discount of INR 800.
Price of flight after discount: 7000-800 = 6200

Can I pay 70% of this 6200 using my points for Infinia/DCB card?
No discount voucher works on Smartbuy site.

Also, the cost on the Smartbuy site can be higher than the normal prices but to redeem the points, you have to eventually use them or find a different redemption source.

Back