• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Capping on Axis Travel Edge Booking?

Hi,

Just wanted to know if anybody have tried travel edge for flight or hotel booking?

There is no mention of capping from the bank on the reward points but I really doubt it..!!

Is there any cap on transaction?

Per Transaction or Monthly caps?

Any info would be helpful.

Solution
Hi,

Just wanted to know if anybody have tried travel edge for flight or hotel booking?

There is no mention of capping from the bank on the reward points but I really doubt it..!!

Is there any cap on transaction?

Per Transaction or Monthly caps?

Any info would be helpful.
As of now, there is no capping on the 5X Points (Only for Atlas & Magnus). I have done a single transaction of 1+ Lac and got 5X on the whole amount.
I booked an international ticket and a domestic one in last week only, so I haven't received the 5x rewards, but the portal itself is very buggy. First the particular flight was showing up, and then it suddenly disappeared. I checked on all the other booking portals, it was visible and available. Then it suddenly came back, but then the return flight disappeared. It was so frustrating, I opened HDFC smartbuy to book the tickets. I really wanted to use Magnus to achieve the target so I give it a shot again, and fortunately it was visible, and finally booked the tickets. This wasted a lot of my time. Also, I did complain to the Travel Edge regarding this. Let's say their response was not satisfactory.

I hope Axis works on this portal. Till then, I would not rely too much on this.

The transaction remains in the processing state for 2 days but when its is confirmed the date is still the transaction date. which makes me curious do they do back dated reconciliation or keep the portal open for 2 days.

also got curious, what if I make a booking of airbnb 6 months from now with full refund option, get the bonus reward in 3 month and then cancel the reservation. do you think we can hack the system this way?

@Wealth is my birth right! have you tried something similar ?
Your reward point will be reduced at later point. If you have 0, it will become -ve.

The transaction remains in the processing state for 2 days but when its is confirmed the date is still the transaction date. which makes me curious do they do back dated reconciliation or keep the portal open for 2 days.

also got curious, what if I make a booking of airbnb 6 months from now with full refund option, get the bonus reward in 3 month and then cancel the reservation. do you think we can hack the system this way?

@Wealth is my birth right! have you tried something similar ?
Do we really get full refund for free cancellation booking or taxes and services fees are not refunded?

Do we really get full refund for free cancellation booking or taxes and services fees are not refunded?
The cancellation charges are clearly shown before booking. Depending on time from travel that you are cancelling a flat fees applies or nothing gets refunded. The taxes and service fees are not relevant as it is a flat debit structure.

So, for this case -

View attachment 8161

I will get full refund if I cancel before 24th March 2023?
I was talking about the flights. Haven't booked a hotel till now from travel edge. But yes whatever they are showing in the booking page is what is applicable. They also have a decent email and phone support which you cam use in case some thing isn't alright later.

Back