• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Card for large online payment in EUR

supperman

TF Select
I have an upcoming online payment, > EUR 1250, which will need to be on a credit card. I haven't checked the final payment screen yet, whether they'll denominate in Indian currency once a card option is selected, or show payment in EUR. In any case, I was wondering which card would be the best for this.

Some cards I have are -

DCB
SC Ultimate
BoB Eterna
SBI Cashback
Various Amex and Axis low to mid category cards

Tempted to go with DCB as it'll also hit the 80K monthly reward, I suppose.

Kindly advise. Thanks.

well it depends on what you are aiming to acheive if you want cashback or points to redeem vouchers go for scb ult or bob eterna
otherwise if you want to reach milestones and convert points into miles go for dcb or amex
assuming amex is plat travel

well it depends on what you are aiming to acheive if you want cashback or points to redeem vouchers go for scb ult or bob eterna
otherwise if you want to reach milestones and convert points into miles go for dcb or amex
assuming amex is plat travel
Best of both, maybe?

I'd rather not use Ultimate if there are better options, e.g., BoB Eterna will give 3.75% with better vouchers. Only thing is there are so many MCC exclusions for Eterna, I'm slightly apprehensive about actually getting the points.

DCB will probably give an equivalent of 3.3% for Air ticket / Hotel, but will also get 80K milestone vouchers...

Don't know if there's anything else more rewarding.

Best of both, maybe?

I'd rather not use Ultimate if there are better options, e.g., BoB Eterna will give 3.75% with better vouchers. Only thing is there are so many MCC exclusions for Eterna, I'm slightly apprehensive about actually getting the points.

DCB will probably give an equivalent of 3.3% for Air ticket / Hotel, but will also get 80K milestone vouchers...

Don't know if there's anything else more rewarding.
then mcc might be a problem with this as well
go for dcb by activating GVP

upcoming online payment, > EUR 1250
following as i have similar payment coming up
Not wanting to pry but curious on what category/ segment of payment(s).

I ask to learn as I usually always shop from the US, but lately noticed some EU clothing brands etc have legit sales at end of season.

I always heard and found EU/ UK to be exp compared to US.

So curious, what else is worth spending on in EU? (Digital Hosting Services or something such?)

Back