• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CASHBACK earned in FY 2023-24

HumorSimpson

TF Legend
well I chart all my expenses and cashbacks on Tally...
earlier used it for business but its handy for keeping eye on personal expenses too....
Again proves women are best managers.
The Simpsons Flirting GIF

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I am just saying , I dont count.. I know I am always in front..
for me to keep a record and sum up , it will take much considerable time ,
this time i can spend to earn more money than counting the savings
why do you even need to know.. for kicks! your approach is right..

Anything above 0 is a gain :) Yes agree.. there is better use for our time.. the trick is to ensure right card is used for right expense and to keep track of updates on offers for genuine spends...

Last edited:

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I spent almost 10.50 L through cards this year and total cashback earned was just north of 21k...
That's approx 2% returns...
Not so good not so bad...
Please share your stories too 😜
i can tell you ~ 10k on CRED in 5 years :) ~ 12k on amazon in 5 yrs..(not apay cb, normal shopping offer cb)..reward points cant keep track :(

Last edited:

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Cred has stopped giving cashbacks now... 1-2rs ka cb milta hai... I've been using since 3 yrs but since last one yr they have really tapered down the cashbacks
yeah.. now. more on upi and pay.. i got 15 rs a few days back on a 100 rs transaction.. its small but for normal payment its quite good for 0 effort on our side

Difficult to calculate total transaction but cashback earned Rs 20733 plus around 5000-6000 in grabdeals cashback plus around 2000 in smartbuy cashback plus so much neucoins

Cards used:
Flipkart Axis
Axis Ace
SBI Cashback
BoB Snapdeal
HDFC Business Moneyback (closed)
HDFC Tata Neu Plus (closed)

Baki

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
4.5L (Aprrox)

I spent around 90L this year (B spends) on around 15 cards (My family only). Earned around 5% (4.5L) including debit card cashbacks. i prefer vouchers over cashback, vouchers can help save tax.

I paid 1800/- after Joining & Renewal vouchers (Gst component on some) total Joining & renewal fees only this year, met spend criteria on all my cards.

if i count instant discount also, the tally would be somewhere around 8-9% atleast.

Last edited:

vissu295

TF Buzz
Overall, maybe in the range of 1.5-2% (optimistically speaking) as my cards are not very rewarding except for LIT..
I can't waste time further in calculating total cashback, on top of all the mental math that was done at the time of spend to optimize rewards.
Most of the time, I prefer to use the card which has instant discount offers, than worrying about reward points/cashback. RP/cashback is the last resort.

On the same topic, Au has a discover dashboard that shows the lifetime cashback/RP details etc. It was cool.

Reactions: SSV

raghu.rokda

TF Ace
4.5L (Aprrox)

I spent around 90L this year (B spends) on around 15 cards (My family only). Earned around 5% (4.5L) including debit card cashbacks. i prefer vouchers over cashback, vouchers can help save tax.

I paid 1800/- after Joining & Renewal vouchers (Gst component on some) total Joining & renewal fees only this year, met spend criteria on all my cards.
Ohh my god 😳

37500/month salary

Baki

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Overall, maybe in the range of 1.5-2% (optimistically speaking) as my cards are not very rewarding except for LIT..
I can't waste time further in calculating total cashback, on top of all the mental math that was done at the time of spend to optimize rewards.
Most of the time, I prefer to use the card which has instant discount offers, than worrying about reward points/cashback. RP/cashback is the last resort.

On the same topic, Au has a discover dashboard that shows the lifetime cashback/RP details etc. It was cool.
Let him cook, add 5-6 cards u can convert it to 5-6% easily