• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

CIBIL Reporting for Amex Charge Cards

Walter White

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
For charge card holders, how does Amex determine the credit limit that needs to be reported to CIBIL?

I tried using the spend checker on the website, but the tool does not work. Even the customer care does not have an idea of it.

I want to understand how Amex came up with 25k as my credit limit on Gold card.

Screenshot_2023-04-09-18-42-18-17_c045579b1cb8a1660c0dc95ce651bac5.jpg

For charge card holders, how does Amex determine the credit limit that needs to be reported to CIBIL?

I tried using the spend checker on the website, but the tool does not work. Even the customer care does not have an idea of it.

View attachment 13853
i think the max used amount on the card is posted as the limit.

View attachment 13853
Next to hdfc the Amex charge cards are killing our CIBIL Score
I will close my gold charge next month only for this reason

Next to hdfc the Amex charge cards are killing our CIBIL Score
I will close my gold charge next month only for this reason
if you simply don't use it; or if the total limit on all of your other cards is sufficient, why would Amex charge card kill your utilization numbers?

also wouldn't credit rating agencies account for these issues in their models? Amex is not the only charge card in US

if you simply don't use it; or if the total limit on all of your other cards is sufficient, why would Amex charge card kill your utilization numbers?

also wouldn't credit rating agencies account for these issues in their models? Amex is not the only charge card in US
In context to Indian market this 2 I mean hdfc and Amex charge card are providing data to cibil as used amount as full card limit which gives the cibil algorithm treat as 100% utilized which will drag score to >5 points
Do ur research and share your experience with facts we can discuss

In context to Indian market this 2 I mean hdfc and Amex charge card are providing data to cibil as used amount as full card limit which gives the cibil algorithm treat as 100% utilized which will drag score to >5 points
Do ur research and share your experience with facts we can discuss
that's a big drag; I wasn't aware

I had a HDFC regalia card for a long time, but didn't use it much, used mainly debit cards until I got ICICI Amazon card in 2019. Then used that and Axis Flipkart mainly for years. Didn't even look at my credit ratings.

This was until a couple years ago somebody told me about Infinia - I applied online and got rejected (this happened 3 times; each time I would get invitation to apply and then get rejected). Finally got fed up and took a Magnus card last year.

that's a big drag; I wasn't aware

I had a HDFC regalia card for a long time, but didn't use it much, used mainly debit cards until I got ICICI Amazon card in 2019. Then used that and Axis Flipkart mainly for years. Didn't even look at my credit ratings.

This was until a couple years ago somebody told me about Infinia - I applied online and got rejected (this happened 3 times; each time I would get invitation to apply and then get rejected). Finally got fed up and took a Magnus card last year.
Oh u targeted infinia!
if u aimed DCB it’s possible easily from regalia
Coming back to CIBIL things I did a watchdog activity for 4 months and constantly on first Monday of the month I get a mail from Transunion stating that some changes in my CIBIL scores
After lot of offline enquiries with my friends circle got to know American Express reports card usage on 1st or 2nd of the month and my gold charge card is the candidate which hit CIBIL directly due to the algorithm which took it as I used full limit
Cheers let all learn together 🙌👍

Oh u targeted infinia!
if u aimed DCB it’s possible easily from regalia
Coming back to CIBIL things I did a watchdog activity for 4 months and constantly on first Monday of the month I get a mail from Transunion stating that some changes in my CIBIL scores
After lot of offline enquiries with my friends circle got to know American Express reports card usage on 1st or 2nd of the month and my gold charge card is the candidate which hit CIBIL directly due to the algorithm which took it as I used full limit
Cheers let all learn together 🙌👍
they invited me to apply for Infinia

also my friends got it directly at account opening.

my salary account if with them, and I have been a very good customer.

anyway, I don't bother much now. Magnus is far better for me

Back