• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cibil status correction from settled to closed. Needs suggestion.

xpress

TF Buzz
I took Rs. 50,000 loan from Dhani in December 2019. Paid till 2021.

And missed one payment in 2021. They had a technical issue, and their NACH failed. So they sent me some link, and then I paid. But they added some bounce charges to my account. I fought with them about this, since the mistake is not from my side, I won't pay the charges.

Next month, I got a call from one executive that, I have an offer to fore close my account. I have to pay 46,000 , and then the loan will be closed, including all the extra charges on my account, and I will be issued a NOC in 3 days. I have the money, so I took the offer and paid 46k to close the stupid loan. Sadly I didn't have any call recordings about this.

But they didn't issue the NOC. I contacted them multiple times, and they asked me to pay another 3900 change, for bouncing and other charges. I fought with them that I foreclosed the loan including all charges. This continued for 3 months. After 3 months of calls and discussions , finally I got the NOC. Immediately uninstalled this stupid app, and forgot about this.

But recently checking my CIBIL, this account is marked as settled, instead of closed. I contacted their nodal officer to correct my CIBIL as I foreclosed the loan with an offer from Dhani. They denied and asking me to pay the amount.

They sent the following text in mail, and given me a razorpay link , to pay this amount.
"The said status update will be changed from “SETTLED” to “CLOSED” upon payment of an amount of Rs.3895.94 which had been waived off at the time of closure in view of the one-time settlement."

So what should I do now? Pay the balance amount? Will it be corrected to closed after the payment? Or shall I move to RBI ombudsman ? Please suggest me right steps in this.

Do you proofs for the failed NACH, payment proofs and your subsequent interactions with them ? If yes, file a complaint with RBI https://cms.rbi.org.in

Not to discourage you, but there are good chances that Dhani will respond saying you didn't pay the EMI, then took the offer to settle. Sounds like they have some proof as well. In such cases, RBI will be disposing the case without appeal. So, if they are ready to update CIBIL (get in writing) pay the amount

To fight, you need to first reverse the bounce charges. May be, file complaint to RBI about these charges alone.

Do you proofs for the failed NACH, payment proofs and your subsequent interactions with them ? If yes, file a complaint with RBI https://cms.rbi.org.in

Not to discourage you, but there are good chances that Dhani will respond saying you didn't pay the EMI, then took the offer to settle. Sounds like they have some proof as well. In such cases, RBI will be disposing the case without appeal. So, if they are ready to update CIBIL (get in writing) pay the amount

To fight, you need to first reverse the bounce charges. May be, file complaint to RBI about these charges alone.

I don't have NACH failed proof. But I've mail communication at that time. (span of months). And some pdfs and screenshots of payments. But I know it will take time. So you are saying it is better to pay the amount now and get entry modified to "closed"? Can I go to RBI later, even after payment?

I received the mail from nodalcrm with following content. Is this proof enough for cibil settled entry removal?

"The said status update will be changed from “SETTLED” to “CLOSED” upon payment of an amount of Rs.3895.94 which had been waived off at the time of closure in view of the one-time settlement.

Hence, you are requested to pay the said amount, post which the settle flag will be removed from your CIBIL
."

I don't have NACH failed proof. But I've mail communication at that time. (span of months). And some pdfs and screenshots of payments. But I know it will take time. So you are saying it is better to pay the amount now and get entry modified to "closed"? Can I go to RBI later, even after payment?

I received the mail from nodalcrm with following content. Is this proof enough for cibil settled entry removal?

"The said status update will be changed from “SETTLED” to “CLOSED” upon payment of an amount of Rs.3895.94 which had been waived off at the time of closure in view of the one-time settlement.

Hence, you are requested to pay the said amount, post which the settle flag will be removed from your CIBIL
."
Since you accepted the settlement , RBI is not going to grant you any relief. My suggestion was to first get the CIBIL status changed somehow - means make payment. Then, complain to RBI about the unfair charges , which if accepted, will help you get the refund with interest

Since you accepted the settlement , RBI is not going to grant you any relief. My suggestion was to first get the CIBIL status changed somehow - means make payment. Then, complain to RBI about the unfair charges , which if accepted, will help you get the refund with interest

It is not settlement I was offered. I paid all the dues every month, and I still had more than year of EMIs left. Even I paid that months EMI.

I was just fighting for NACH bounce charges, which was not my mistake as I maintained balance in that month. Later in the month (January second week), I got call from an executive, said that I have a fore close offer to close the loan. If I pay, 46000 rupees the loan will be closed, and all the dues including the bounce charges will be cleared, and then I will get NOC.

I had the money at that time, so I am ok with the offer. So she sent me razorpay link for 46000 rupees. And I paid. She told me I will get NOC by mail in 3 days. My bad, I didn't have any call recording at that time. I didn't receive the NOC even after 10 days. So I followed up with them. But my loan was not closed even after the next month. And I am getting mails the next month EMI will be debited from my account.

Since then I followed up with them. After fighting for 2 months, they said, I have some charges left in my account, If I pay dues, then they will close the loan and issue NOC. But I provided them the payment proof, and other month EMIs screenshots.

Finally after fighting with them for 3 months, they finally closed the loan in April ending. And issued the NO DUES CERTIFICATE PDF in my mail.

Name of Customer: MR. XXXXXXXXX
Loan Amount: 50000
Loan Account: XXXXXXXXXXX

To whomsoever it may concern.

With reference to the above referred loan, we hereby confirm that the personal loan advanced to
MR. XXXXXXXXX has been completed and there are no dues left in the said
account.
For DHANI LOANS AND SERVICES LIMITED
This is a system generated letter and hence does not require any signature.

After getting this, I thought my loan is finally closed. But never check the CIBIL. Last year I got to know this. So contacted them multiple times to remove the settled status, as this is foreclosure offer, and i got NO dues certificate as well. But they are insisting me to pay the pending amount. (which I didn't owe to them)

It is not settlement I was offered. I paid all the dues every month, and I still had more than year of EMIs left. Even I paid that months EMI.

I was just fighting for NACH bounce charges, which was not my mistake as I maintained balance in that month. Later in the month (January second week), I got call from an executive, said that I have a fore close offer to close the loan. If I pay, 46000 rupees the loan will be closed, and all the dues including the bounce charges will be cleared, and then I will get NOC.

I had the money at that time, so I am ok with the offer. So she sent me razorpay link for 46000 rupees. And I paid. She told me I will get NOC by mail in 3 days. My bad, I didn't have any call recording at that time. I didn't receive the NOC even after 10 days. So I followed up with them. But my loan was not closed even after the next month. And I am getting mails the next month EMI will be debited from my account.

Since then I followed up with them. After fighting for 2 months, they said, I have some charges left in my account, If I pay dues, then they will close the loan and issue NOC. But I provided them the payment proof, and other month EMIs screenshots.

Finally after fighting with them for 3 months, they finally closed the loan in April ending. And issued the NO DUES CERTIFICATE PDF in my mail.

Name of Customer: MR. XXXXXXXXX
Loan Amount: 50000
Loan Account: XXXXXXXXXXX

To whomsoever it may concern.

With reference to the above referred loan, we hereby confirm that the personal loan advanced to
MR. XXXXXXXXX has been completed and there are no dues left in the said
account.
For DHANI LOANS AND SERVICES LIMITED
This is a system generated letter and hence does not require any signature.

After getting this, I thought my loan is finally closed. But never check the CIBIL. Last year I got to know this. So contacted them multiple times to remove the settled status, as this is foreclosure offer, and i got NO dues certificate as well. But they are insisting me to pay the pending amount. (which I didn't owe to them)
so, what did they say the charges Rs 3895 is for ?

so, what did they say the charges Rs 3895 is for ?

They are not accepting that loan is fore closed.

This is what they sent me on 15th Feb 2021. But I paid 46000 in 18 Jan 2021 . I don't understand the following foreclosure simulation either. The charges didn't add up. Seems they didn't close my loan even the next month, and adjusted the February month EMI in my 46k. Please check the date in second screenshot. They didn't close the loan even in April 2021. And showing me balance of 56k

Subject : Foreclosure Statement - Loan Account Number XXXXXXXXXX

1722875834603.webp

1722876298338.webp

In this case, it is better to report to RBI. Do not bring up CIBIL status yet, but contest the charges. If they had provided you the foreclosure intimation and you paid it in full, then RBI will take action. Once this is taken care of, raise another complaint for incorrect CIBIL.

Recently, I had to raise a RBI complaint to get CIBIL status of my closed credit card updated. SC was swift once I did that

In this case, it is better to report to RBI. Do not bring up CIBIL status yet, but contest the charges. If they had provided you the foreclosure intimation and you paid it in full, then RBI will take action. Once this is taken care of, raise another complaint for incorrect CIBIL.

Recently, I had to raise a RBI complaint to get CIBIL status of my closed credit card updated. SC was swift once I did that

Thank you. Currently I am fighting with dhani nodal officer. He is adamant that the loan is settled and not foreclosed. I am preparing all my screenshots, and will present him these. Then I will move to RBI ombudsman.

What should i present to RBI Ombudsman? Screenshots of these payments, and screenshots of mail communication later is enough?

What do you mean by contest the charges? They are asking the payment, when I asked them to remove the settled status. How can proceed without bringing CIBIL in this issue?

You have to complaint to RBI about the unfair charges , provide proofs about pre-closure and prove that you never missed any EMIs. If RBI accepts that, then your next complaint will be incorrect status reported to CIBIL. Since it is already proven that you had foreclosed, status can't be 'settled' and it will be a negative remark on Dhani. If you include both issues together, Dhani will focus on CIBIL status as they can report that it is based on settlement and RBI may close the complaint without an appeal.

These are my two cents. There are other avenues and you make take legal opinion for a better recourse.

You have to complaint to RBI about the unfair charges , provide proofs about pre-closure and prove that you never missed any EMIs. If RBI accepts that, then your next complaint will be incorrect status reported to CIBIL. Since it is already proven that you had foreclosed, status can't be 'settled' and it will be a negative remark on Dhani. If you include both issues together, Dhani will focus on CIBIL status as they can report that it is based on settlement and RBI may close the complaint without an appeal.

These are my two cents. There are other avenues and you make take legal opinion for a better recourse.

I sent all these screenshots and some payment proofs to dhani nodal team. The same executive called me today again. He is stil insisted that my loan is settled, and not foreclosed. Had some heated argument.

I asked him, even if the loan is settled on 18th Jan 2021, why did dhani take 3 months to close the loan on April 17th 2021, and why did dhani tried to charge me on the subsequent months.. He said it will take 3 months time to close the loan. Is it true?

After some more arguments, he said I have the complete loan statement, and I asked him to send it to me by mail.

After 1 hour, he called me again, and told me he had discussed with some senior team, and as a good will gesture, now asked me to pay Rs 2435, instead of the previous 3925 and my loan status will be changed to closed. I asked him, pls send me this in mail, along with the statement.

I received the statement after some time, along with the payment link. But the statement doesn't make sense to me esp the part after my 46000 rupees payment. Can you make any sense of it? and what do you suggest now?

1723045801903.webp

Any help from other members?
Why are you fighting with Dhani? Haven't you realized that they are extorting you? Take this to RBI. Send the letter you have posted in earlier posts (No dues certificate) and use this as proof that loan was foreclosed / closed. Ask a very simple question in that email to dhani / RBI that why is my CIBIL status as settled even when No dues certificate mentions loan as closed. If dhani replies that dues are pending then make a formal complaint to RBI on same email thread that DHani is not following RBI guidelines.

Why are you fighting with Dhani? Haven't you realized that they are extorting you? Take this to RBI. Send the letter you have posted in earlier posts (No dues certificate) and use this as proof that loan was foreclosed / closed. Ask a very simple question in that email to dhani / RBI that why is my CIBIL status as settled even when No dues certificate mentions loan as closed. If dhani replies that dues are pending then make a formal complaint to RBI on same email thread that DHani is not following RBI guidelines.

Thank you,

I am confused about how to proceed to RBI in my case. I should file for CIBIL status or incorrect handling of my account. They sent me the loan statement 4 days back , and lots of discrepancies in the statement after my payment of 46000.

Can't I submit everything in one complaint? About descrepancies in statement, and wrong writtenoff amoutns in CIBIL and loan closure status?

Thank you,

I am confused about how to proceed to RBI in my case. I should file for CIBIL status or incorrect handling of my account. They sent me the loan statement 4 days back , and lots of discrepancies in the statement after my payment of 46000.

Can't I submit everything in one complaint? About descrepancies in statement, and wrong writtenoff amoutns in CIBIL and loan closure status?
Search on the forum. Someone has much better experience than me on the RBI complaints. Others can probably tag the person here. Remember - your line of attack - No dues certificate is never provided if there are any dues. Report this to RBI and in fact even ask for compensation in same complaint.

Search on the forum. Someone has much better experience than me on the RBI complaints. Others can probably tag the person here. Remember - your line of attack - No dues certificate is never provided if there are any dues. Report this to RBI and in fact even ask for compensation in same complaint.
Thanks. Will tag some other members after searching rbi ombudsman threads.

Regarding how you approach RBI, I am calling in the respective expert in this field..
Here comes the one and only ... @sjmajumder ji ...

He will guide you in how to file a case with RBI..
Meanwhile you can read about his heroics here..

Back