• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Cibil status correction from settled to closed. Needs suggestion.

xpress

TF Buzz
I took Rs. 50,000 loan from Dhani in December 2019. Paid till 2021.

And missed one payment in 2021. They had a technical issue, and their NACH failed. So they sent me some link, and then I paid. But they added some bounce charges to my account. I fought with them about this, since the mistake is not from my side, I won't pay the charges.

Next month, I got a call from one executive that, I have an offer to fore close my account. I have to pay 46,000 , and then the loan will be closed, including all the extra charges on my account, and I will be issued a NOC in 3 days. I have the money, so I took the offer and paid 46k to close the stupid loan. Sadly I didn't have any call recordings about this.

But they didn't issue the NOC. I contacted them multiple times, and they asked me to pay another 3900 change, for bouncing and other charges. I fought with them that I foreclosed the loan including all charges. This continued for 3 months. After 3 months of calls and discussions , finally I got the NOC. Immediately uninstalled this stupid app, and forgot about this.

But recently checking my CIBIL, this account is marked as settled, instead of closed. I contacted their nodal officer to correct my CIBIL as I foreclosed the loan with an offer from Dhani. They denied and asking me to pay the amount.

They sent the following text in mail, and given me a razorpay link , to pay this amount.
"The said status update will be changed from “SETTLED” to “CLOSED” upon payment of an amount of Rs.3895.94 which had been waived off at the time of closure in view of the one-time settlement."

So what should I do now? Pay the balance amount? Will it be corrected to closed after the payment? Or shall I move to RBI ombudsman ? Please suggest me right steps in this.

Regarding how you approach RBI, I am calling in the respective expert in this field..
Here comes the one and only ... @sjmajumder ji ...

He will guide you in how to file a case with RBI..
Meanwhile you can read about his heroics here..

There are some issues here...need proofs to go to RBI ombudsman else Dhani will win by giving evidence from their side.
  1. You need to provide proof that failed NACH was not due to your fault. Try providing statement showing enough balance on the day and NACH active on the day.
  2. Unless you have it in writing (call recording may not be enough) that the 46K you paid includes all charges you might face issue here.
  3. What does the NOC say? Does it say settled or closed? Does it mention any charges as pending? This will be critical.
Get your proofs in place and only then log complaint with RBI ombudsman with all proofs and draft your complaint very clearly.

Remember, you will not get a second chance if your case is closed in Dhani's favor.

Last edited:
There are some issues here...need proofs to go to RBI ombudsman else Dhani will win by giving evidence from their side.
  1. You need to provide proof that failed NACH was not due to your fault. Try providing statement showing enough balance on the day and NACH active on the day.
  2. Unless you have it in writing (call recording may not be enough) that the 46K you paid includes all charges you might face issue here.
  3. What does the NOC say? Does it say settled or closed? Does it mention any charges as pending? This will be critical.
Get your proofs in place and only then log complaint with RBI ombudsman with all proofs and draft your complaint very clearly.

Remember, you will not get a second chance if your case is closed in Dhani's favor.

Thank you. All proofs I have is NOC, and the statements they sent me which have discrepancies in the charges after 46k. They didn't close the loan and tried to charge me full loan amount everymonth till April. Even added those bounce charges in April to my account.

I have mail communication from 4 March 2021, that says my loan is closed on their system, and I can request NOC through their application. But it didn't close till April.

1. I didn't have any statements at that time. But have mail communication that I wrote to them about NACH failrue.
  2. That 46K payment is the part where I faltered. There was no written communication for foreclosure. Everything happened on call. But I have screenshots of that payment. The payment screenshot includes dhani requesting me money through link including my loan number etc. And my payment and timings.
  3. I attached the NOC screenshot here. It states my loan is completed and no dues left. Is it enough?

Please suggest me how should I proceed in this case. They are claiming 46k payment is for settlement, and not foreclosure. Even if it is settlement as per their claim, doesn't that payment of 46k means nothing? As per the statement they charged full installment every month next 3 months and adjusted that amount from my 46k payment. And even tried to charge me in April, and added those bounce charges to account.

nocblurred.jpg 1723045801903.webp

Last edited:
Thank you. All proofs I have is NOC, and the statements they sent me which have discrepancies in the charges after 46k. They didn't close the loan and tried to charge me full loan amount everymonth till April. Even added those bounce charges in April to my account.

I have mail communication from 4 March 2021, that says my loan is closed on their system, and I can request NOC through their application. But it didn't close till April.

1. I didn't have any statements at that time. But have mail communication that I wrote to them about NACH failrue.
  2. That 46K payment is the part where I faltered. There was no written communication for foreclosure. Everything happened on call. But I have screenshots of that payment. The payment screenshot includes dhani requesting me money through link including my loan number etc. And my payment and timings.
  3. I attached the NOC screenshot here. It states my loan is completed and no dues left. Is it enough?

Please suggest me how should I proceed in this case. They are claiming 46k payment is for settlement, and not foreclosure. Even if it is settlement as per their claim, doesn't that payment of 46k means nothing? As per the statement they charged full installment every month next 3 months and adjusted that amount from my 46k payment. And even tried to charge me in April, and added those bounce charges to account.

First of all this is not NOC, it is NDC. Till now I was confused about what this NOC is all about.

Your NDC is dated 28th April, so it is likely that your account wasn't closed till 28th April and hence the were charging EMI.

You can fight for 2 cases:
  1. For not closing your account when you paid off the 46K - but you don't have documentary proof of this, so I will not recommend this.
  2. For marking your account as settled in spite of issuing an NDC. I will recommend to go with this.
NDC should be good enough for complaining to RBI regarding 'settled' in CIBIL report as NDC means there are no dues left and your NDC states the same too. If there were any charges left, they shouldn't be issuing a NDC, and if they did it is an error from their side. Do not mention anything about being overcharged. Simply say you paid off the entire amount and your loan account is closed and NDC was issued, but in spite of that they have marked it as settled.

Read this article

First of all this is not NOC, it is NDC. Till now I was confused about what this NOC is all about.

Your NDC is dated 28th April, so it is likely that your account wasn't closed till 28th April and hence the were charging EMI.

You can fight for 2 cases:
  1. For not closing your account when you paid off the 46K - but you don't have documentary proof of this, so I will not recommend this.
  2. For marking your account as settled in spite of issuing an NDC. I will recommend to go with this.
NDC should be good enough for complaining to RBI regarding 'settled' in CIBIL report as NDC means there are no dues left and your NDC states the same too. If there were any charges left, they shouldn't be issuing a NDC, and if they did it is an error from their side. Do not mention anything about being overcharged. Simply say you paid off the entire amount and your loan account is closed and NDC was issued, but in spite of that they have marked it as settled.

Read this article

Thank you.

So I should not attach any mail communication I have with them about loan closure after the payment of 46k?

I just need to directly complain about the NDC and settled status?

I have the following proofs.
  1. NDC they issued.
  2. Loan statements before the payment of 46k, and recent complete statement. (As per the loan statement dated 19th April 2021, before the payment of Rs. 46000, my principal amount left is 45,482).
  3. Mail communication regarding my complaints about not closing the loan despite payment of 46K.
  4. Mail communication on 4th March 2021, that states "Please be informed that your loan has been closed in our system and you can raise a request for NOC through dhani application".

What documents I should atttach with the complaint?

Thank you.

So I should not attach any mail communication I have with them about loan closure after the payment of 46k?

I just need to directly complain about the NDC and settled status?

I have the following proofs.
  1. NDC they issued.
  2. Loan statements before the payment of 46k, and recent complete statement. (As per the loan statement dated 19th April 2021, before the payment of Rs. 46000, my principal amount left is 45,482).
  3. Mail communication regarding my complaints about not closing the loan despite payment of 46K.
  4. Mail communication on 4th March 2021, that states "Please be informed that your loan has been closed in our system and you can raise a request for NOC through dhani application".

What documents I should atttach with the complaint?
You can attach 1 and 4. I am not sure about 2 and 3 as you do not have documented proof that you received offer of foreclosure by paying 46K. 2 and 3 may not work in your favor as there are foreclosure charges and total amount will be definitely more than 46K. They have charged you EMI even after payment of the 46K.

As, I said earlier you need to decide what you want to fight for. Not closing your account in a timely manner and additional charges or the CIBIL status of the loan. My recommendation is to go for CIBIL status of the loan and give evidence of only NDC and loan account closure. Don't fight for late closure or additional charges.

You can attach 1 and 4. I am not sure about 2 and 3 as you do not have documented proof that you received offer of foreclosure by paying 46K. 2 and 3 may not work in your favor as there are foreclosure charges and total amount will be definitely more than 46K. They have charged you EMI even after payment of the 46K.

As, I said earlier you need to decide what you want to fight for. Not closing your account in a timely manner and additional charges or the CIBIL status of the loan. My recommendation is to go for CIBIL status of the loan and give evidence of only NDC and loan account closure. Don't fight for late closure or additional charges.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will complain about the status using NOC then by attaching the NDC pdf. How to attach mail communication? Do they accept screenshots? or save it as pdf by using print option?

Forgot about CIBIL report. Do I need to attach entire latest CIBIL report as well? or screenshot of Dhani account enough?

For the compensation part, how much amount I can put? Initially I just wanted my status changed. But the nodal team were somewhat rude in their calls.

Sorry for lots of questions. Just wanted to make sure about everything. 😁

I took Rs. 50,000 loan from Dhani in December 2019. Paid till 2021.

And missed one payment in 2021. They had a technical issue, and their NACH failed. So they sent me some link, and then I paid. But they added some bounce charges to my account. I fought with them about this, since the mistake is not from my side, I won't pay the charges.

Next month, I got a call from one executive that, I have an offer to fore close my account. I have to pay 46,000 , and then the loan will be closed, including all the extra charges on my account, and I will be issued a NOC in 3 days. I have the money, so I took the offer and paid 46k to close the stupid loan. Sadly I didn't have any call recordings about this.

But they didn't issue the NOC. I contacted them multiple times, and they asked me to pay another 3900 change, for bouncing and other charges. I fought with them that I foreclosed the loan including all charges. This continued for 3 months. After 3 months of calls and discussions , finally I got the NOC. Immediately uninstalled this stupid app, and forgot about this.

But recently checking my CIBIL, this account is marked as settled, instead of closed. I contacted their nodal officer to correct my CIBIL as I foreclosed the loan with an offer from Dhani. They denied and asking me to pay the amount.

They sent the following text in mail, and given me a razorpay link , to pay this amount.
"The said status update will be changed from “SETTLED” to “CLOSED” upon payment of an amount of Rs.3895.94 which had been waived off at the time of closure in view of the one-time settlement."

So what should I do now? Pay the balance amount? Will it be corrected to closed after the payment? Or shall I move to RBI ombudsman ? Please suggest me right steps in this.

I've noticed that some borrowers seek discounts or try to renegotiate the loan amount. While I understand the desire to save, it's crucial to uphold the initial agreement and consider the lender's perspective. By doing so, we can maintain a positive and respectful relationship, avoiding potential misunderstandings.

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s quite clear you are hiding half facts of the story
You never had the financial discipline to pay the loan ( you are putting it on dhani so it doesn’t seem to be your fault)
The settlement amount is usually only provided to people default in their loans multiple times

It’s quite clear you are hiding half facts of the story
You never had the financial discipline to pay the loan ( you are putting it on dhani so it doesn’t seem to be your fault)
The settlement amount is usually only provided to people default in their loans multiple times

Ok dhani PR team. We will see with RBI.

@sjmajumder

Bro, as per your suggestion , I will complain about the status using No Dues certificate. by attaching the NDC pdf.

I have some doubts. Can you please answer them?

1. How should I attach mail communication? Do they accept screenshots? or should I save them as pdf using print option?

2. Do I need to attach the recent communication (mail conversation) with nodal team?

3. Should I attach entire latest CIBIL report? or screenshot of Dhani account is sufficient?

4. In the compensation filed , how much shall I put, like entire interest amount as compensation, or any recommended amount?

@sjmajumder

Bro, as per your suggestion , I will complain about the status using No Dues certificate. by attaching the NDC pdf.

I have some doubts. Can you please answer them?

1. How should I attach mail communication? Do they accept screenshots? or should I save them as pdf using print option?
Print to PDF
2. Do I need to attach the recent communication (mail conversation) with nodal team?
All communication related to non-closure of account.
3. Should I attach entire latest CIBIL report? or screenshot of Dhani account is sufficient?
For safety purpose attach both. If you face file size constraint for the full CIBIL report then attach the pages containing your details, control number and Dhani account details.
4. In the compensation filed , how much shall I put, like entire interest amount as compensation, or any recommended amount?
Your complaint is regarding non-closure and not interest charged. Do not mix the two. Ask for compensation for harassment and mental agony. You can ask for any amount. What you will get, if any, depends entirely on RBIO.

People are soo id*ots they want to pay even less than what they took as loan and ask for cheap discounts for the money they borrowed, obviously you will be slapped with settlement slap and you deserve it with all might
Don't give your judgement about others without reading and understanding the issue. He has NDC which is never issued in case of a settlement. And your language is too rude and unprofessional. This is a community to help each other. Refrain from using such language.

@vaibhav111 @TechnoFino

Back