• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Citibank 500 on 5000 spend

Post number 4 has been selected as best answer.

drsel

TF Legend
I have not used my Citibank rewards card for many many months and now they are giving great targetted offers to those who are not frequent users.

Get a cashback of Rs. 500 on min. spends of Rs. 5000 during 20th Apr - 20th May, 2024 offer period, on your Citi Credit Card ending xxxx
Details at https://www.axisbank.com/cab

HSBC had done the same thing many years ago.
I only claimed the offer, received the promised cashback and then didn't use the card again, so they closed it permanently.
So you have been warned!

Last edited:

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
The terms & conditions say "select set of card members". Apparently I never received this communication but I do have a cumulative spend of more than 5000 in the mentioned period. Will see, they typically give the cashback pretty late.

drsel

TF Legend
There is no mention of how many transactions. it's only a total of 5000 spend before 20th May.
5000 should be claimed by the merchant before 20th May.

I will assume that cash based transactions like withdrawals, EMI, balance transfer, wallet loading, etc would not be entitled to any cashback

I have not used my Citibank rewards card for many many months and now they are giving great targetted offers to those who are not frequent users.

Get a cashback of Rs. 500 on min. spends of Rs. 5000 during 20th Apr - 20th May, 2024 offer period, on your Citi Credit Card ending xxxx
Details at https://www.axisbank.com/cab

HSBC had done the same thing many years ago.
However if you only claim the offer and then don't use the card, they are likely to close it permanently.
So you have been warned!
Have received this offer couple of times in last 6 months.. Used card only for same..
And again got the offer this month.

It's just a normal offer to push use on the card and nothing for such will lead to card closure.

drsel

TF Legend
Have received this offer couple of times in last 6 months.. Used card only for same..
And again got the offer this month.

It's just a normal offer to push use on the card and nothing for such will lead to card closure.
But did you receive the promised 10% cashback ?
if so, how many days after spending the targeted amount?

prc1990

TF Legend
There is no mention of how many transactions. it's only a total of 5000 spend before 20th May.
5000 should be claimed by the merchant before 20th May.

I will assume that cash based transactions like withdrawals, EMI, balance transfer, wallet loading, etc would not be entitled to any cashback
No restriction on wallet load as per TnC.

drsel

TF Legend
Actually I received 750 on 5k spend in month of March or may. If you didn't avail this offer then next month offer would been 750/1000 cb on 5k spend. In 90 days cb will be credited from the date the offer is ended.
Now you tell me, and just last night I spent 5000 to get only 500

Last edited:

CCsearcher

TF Buzz
My bad. I just went through my past statements, I had received a 500 INR cashback for "inactive fulfillment" and not for some spends 😒

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240512-094851.png
    Screenshot_20240512-094851.png
    11.3 KB · Views: 9