• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Revaluation Citibank Debit Card holders who have been migrated to Axis Bank can earn 8% miles for credit card bill payments!

crasher

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Verified: Citibank Debit Card holders who have been migrated to Axis Bank can earn 8% miles for credit card bill payments!

And this is because our favorite bank works on the concept of assigning a static value of 0.2 per ER irrespective of the fact that these miles can be converted at 5:4/5:2/5:1. The benefit has been designed to keep match the cash value, but creates an opportunity for earning miles and much better rate. (8% is insane if you hold Burgundy Debit Card (migrated from Citi Gold)) .

So this is a great opportunity if you hold Magnus Burgundy or Magnus to make use of the "Rules" and get upto 8% on credit card bill payments as 4900 MCC is not excluded! (Carried forward from Citi)

You can use SBI Unipay / JioFinance which tag CC payments as utilities.

The value you can get out of it depends on the ratio you're able to convert at, I know most of us don't have Magnus Burgundy, but if you can get Magnus card to convert miles at 5:2, you can still make use of this opportunity, worst case you'll make 1.6% which is also amazing for paying your CC bills! To apply for Magnus you can use this link : https://bitli.in/gGIDhza and get 5:2.

Refer to the attached image for the benefits as per the card you hold. Also attaching list of mcc exclusions in the first comment, and Tnc for each card in second.

Personally, I was holding Basic Citibank DC, and it has been converted to Liberty for both me and my wife's account. I can use it at 3.2% since I hold Burgundy Private, and she can convert at 1.6% as she holds Magnus (non burgundy)

PS: This is not a bug/glitch and everything is by the book/tnc. The utility platforms are also from SBI/Reliance. 😄

Original tweet here :

Why is this only applicable for Citi migrated customers?
I hold a normal Burgundy Debit card, why wouldn't it work for that?
No, they've made sure the new migrated DC's work differently from existing DC's to keep the benefit exactly same for CITI customers.

Okay thanks for sharing.. Unfortunately I don't have a citi debit card that got migrated

However once you have posted it here and twitter + as more users use it I am sure 🪓 will quickly 🪓 this mcc as well... Anyways now the exclusion list for Axis is half a page long... What is one more mcc to that list

Back