• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Close HDFC CC and apply again to get upgraded card?

kevi2789

TF Buzz
I’m holding HDFC REGALIA FIRST and HDFC Intermiles credit card for the past 6 years. I don’t know the reason why LE doesn’t come to my cards.

I hold HDFC Classic account where it is also my salary account but the branch is not supportive of credit card issues.

I thought of closing both the cards and apply for HDFC Diners Previlege card either online or card to card as I have ICICI, Axis and Kotak with higher credit limits.

My question is :
1. Is it the right way?
2. Will my CIBIL be effected ? ( My ICICI and HSBC CC are also 6 years old )

Kindly guide .

I’m holding HDFC REGALIA FIRST and HDFC Intermiles credit card for the past 6 years. I don’t know the reason why LE doesn’t come to my cards.

I hold HDFC Classic account where it is also my salary account but the branch is not supportive of credit card issues.

I thought of closing both the cards and apply for HDFC Diners Previlege card either online or card to card as I have ICICI, Axis and Kotak with higher credit limits.

My question is :
1. Is it the right way?
2. Will my CIBIL be effected ? ( My ICICI and HSBC CC are also 6 years old )

Kindly guide .
Yes, i got LTF(C2C) millennia(DCP was also there but I choose it based on my spending) this way by closing money-back after 1month.
Yes, CIBIL got highly affected and down to 750 from 782.

Did you tried by just filling the form, and try to upgrade?

CIBIL, not much when other cards backed up your credit history and total credit utilization, in your case that is covered by other banks. So, CIBIL is not a problem.

But, try once sending form (drop in any HDFC Branch boxes).
I’ve filled the form and sent to their head office at Chennai but still they denied upgrading the card.

Something went wrong here, your both cards are (discontinued) and no longer issues as fresh cards. Its' easy for them to upgrade, and you're requesting here, just normal cards like Privilege or Regalia.

What was your limit? and what is the response you're getting when escalated to Grievanance or Priority Redressal?

Its easy for you to upgrade Regalia First -> Regalia. Or if possible ask them Millennia. unless you have a very very low limit in those 6 years, in that case

try sending mail one more time and this time mention about your relationship and tell them you're willing to close both cards (you're one of those privileged customers who has 2 cards, I think you have to escalate properly to get upgrade), with 6 years association it's easy to upgrade upto premium cards.
Both my cards are active as of now.
I have a shared limit of 1.67 lakhs.

I meant those cards are not issuing now, so they have to upgrade.

- Sent a mail to normal Level 1 and request for upgrade, please use your association and salary part as highlight.
- If rejected, escalate to grievanance redressal, and again as a fresh content request with your association and salary part along with earlier spends on those cards (if you did any good otherwise ignore).
- If rejected, escalate to priority redressal, and again as a fresh content request with your association and salary part.

Note: Each mail mention your card last 4 digits, requested upgraded card and banking custoemr ID.

- If rejected, send one last mail with threating to close both account, cards and change salary bank.

Total TAT for all three+ levels is around 30 days, so be patient if you want really.

If followed properly, it will be done at stage 2 itself and they'll ask you to fill the form and send through mail as an attachment, done.

If nothing works, request for 1 card closure and see if any retention offer coming, request them for upgrade.

If nothing works still and you really tried all things properly, then you're in bad luck. Close the cards wait for 3 months and still want HDFC apply as C2C.

Or, if you really want HDFC and upgrade with same credit history, one sure shot way is spend everything on Regalia First for 6 months, and send same mail. It will upgrade to Regalia/Privilege easily.

You have 1.67 lakhs in 6 years, either you're not using those cards at all (which is not good option for any requests) or with bad luck of no LE. Eitehr way try it one final time.
Hello sir...I want to convert Tata Neu plus into Millennia but it is impossible due to HDFC single card policy however I can get Tata neu plus if Millennia is my 1st card. Should I close Tata neu Plus card first & wait for 6 month for apply Millennia or they can convert it by request?

Thank you so much for your

- Sent a mail to normal Level 1 and request for upgrade, please use your association and salary part as highlight.
- If rejected, escalate to grievanance redressal, and again as a fresh content request with your association and salary part along with earlier spends on those cards (if you did any good otherwise ignore).
- If rejected, escalate to priority redressal, and again as a fresh content request with your association and salary part.

Note: Each mail mention your card last 4 digits, requested upgraded card and banking custoemr ID.

- If rejected, send one last mail with threating to close both account, cards and change salary bank.

Total TAT for all three+ levels is around 30 days, so be patient if you want really.

If followed properly, it will be done at stage 2 itself and they'll ask you to fill the form and send through mail as an attachment, done.

If nothing works, request for 1 card closure and see if any retention offer coming, request them for upgrade.

If nothing works still and you really tried all things properly, then you're in bad luck. Close the cards wait for 3 months and still want HDFC apply as C2C.

Or, if you really want HDFC and upgrade with same credit history, one sure shot way is spend everything on Regalia First for 6 months, and send same mail. It will upgrade to Regalia/Privilege easily.

You have 1.67 lakhs in 6 years, either you're not using those cards at all (which is not good option for any requests) or with bad luck of no LE. Eitehr way try it one final time.

Tried all the ways you suggested. Nothing worked.

Closing all the credit cards and relationship with HDFC Bank.

Hello sir...I want to convert Tata Neu plus into Millennia but it is impossible due to HDFC single card policy however I can get Tata neu plus if Millennia is my 1st card. Should I close Tata neu Plus card first & wait for 6 month for apply Millennia or they can convert it by request?
There is nothing like One Card policy in reality.
I had DCB and Millenia, both LTF. And now I have got third Tata Neu Infinity also as LTF. Just keep trying and u get what u deserve and what u want.

Attachments

• image_picker5549805187709483045.jpg
    image_picker5549805187709483045.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 69
Yes this is true, people get 2 core cards. I had 1 diners and 1 regalia first (No high NRV)

There is nothing like One Card policy in reality.
I had DCB and Millenia, both LTF. And now I have got third Tata Neu Infinity also as LTF. Just keep trying and u get what u deserve and what u want.

I have regalia first(LTF) from last 6 years with just 82k limit this January I sent mail to redressal they increased the limit to 1.3L whereas I have other cards with 2.31L limits and didn’t even care to upgrade I don’t want yo loose this card as it gives me priority pass lounge access and I have a long history I didn’t threaten them to close the card as they are very rigid to give anything else

Back