• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Closing all sort of relationship with a bank

CyberPsych

TF Ace
If I close all sorts of accounts (savings, current, credit, loan, etc accounts) with a specific bank, will they delete all my data from their servers? If yes, how long it will take?

If I apply for a credit card or load after, say 180 days, will I be considered as a new customer or customer with existing relationship because there is history of relationship?

i dont think they will delete your data
many banks would end up showing your pre existing cust id years after you close it as well
Before knowing about credit cards, I applied for FK Axis (paid). Now GPay Ace application shows me "you already have a relationship with Axis, please apply from website". Atleast this can be acquired by a savings account and pre-approved offer.

For Airtel axis, no matter what method I try, it shows incorrect information at the end. I guess they are checking against my PAN and throw this error because I have existing relationship. My cousin and one of my friend applied for it (they don't have any relationship with Axis) and got it through. So, if I close my FK Axis (my only relationship with Axis) and apply for Ace/Airtel after 180 days for worst case, will I be still considered under "existing relationship customer"?

yes you will be considered
also try calling axis cc and asking them to issue axis airtel on a split limit basis or convert your existing card to airtel
I approached 3 bank branches, called customer care for Airtel card (asking them to convert). All the bank representative I spoke with said it can be applied only through Airtel app.

Then I tried through all 3 SIM networks, mailed to CEO (lol) and still no luck. I even tried giving different details (except name, DOB, PAN), still no luck.

So, now I have decided to call customer care and ask them to this card. When they ask reason, I will say this card is stopping me from getting other cards, ao please close it.

I will add what you said - split limit basis (but I guess they will say the same 'it can be applied through Airtel app only')

You are always existing customer and your customer ID always popup either with mobile number or PAN etc.

+ @xywowowvw

some options, you have now..

- Ace/Airtel can be obtained with different number after some cool-down period with your PAN.

Note: You can always escalate and get the issue resolved related to rejection. Patience and follow-up required here.

- Visit some branch and apply C2C.

Note: You have to find good credit card agent for this and not all branches either not aware or don't apply, so again patience and follow-up required here.

- Ace/Airtel can be obtained with different number after some cool-down period with your PAN.
200 days passed since my last application.

Note: You can always escalate and get the issue resolved related to rejection. Patience and follow-up required here.
No rejection with Axis bank for me. (I mailed to PNO to remove duplicate entry, they suppressed both entries - so no hard enquiries too).
Visit some branch and apply C2C.

Note: You have to find good credit card agent for this and not all branches either not aware or don't apply, so again patience and follow-up required here.
I tired all 3 branches in my city, no one helps. Everyone say Ace and Airtel can be applied through app only (I know they're lying) but they can help to apply for Flipkart card.

Last edited:
then only savings account pre-approved offers left otherwise apply through family members account and use addon. I do not see any other option left for you..

or maybe tf can help, I think he deleted his account and restarted fresh but I wouldn't suggest this method for just these normal cards, a wait may help cool-down and help you find better alternatives meanwhile.

btw, how many enquiries in last 12 months and 36 months?

Reactions: SSV
btw, how many enquiries in last 12 months and 36 months?
5 enquiries in last 36 months. 3 in last 12 months. (FK axis enquiries were suppressed as I said earlier, I got that card on May 30, 2023)

I don't think enquiry is an issue for me, because getting the application submitted is my main issue. I guess after submitting the application only these CIBIL checks will happen for application approval.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231216_235914_Amazon.png
    Screenshot_20231216_235914_Amazon.png
    29 KB · Views: 41
not sure actual issue with your case something you can do, since no harm in trying..

- Check chat support and see which cards they can offer.

- Send mail to PNO and ask them either upgrade fk to one of these cards or new card.

or try this method..

Post in thread 'Axis Bank Credit Card -PreApproved Offres' https://www.technofino.in/community...dit-card-preapproved-offres.20471/post-458917

maybe you already tried these methods, just sharing.

• Hehe
I approached 3 bank branches, called customer care for Airtel card (asking them to convert). All the bank representative I spoke with said it can be applied only through Airtel app.

Then I tried through all 3 SIM networks, mailed to CEO (lol) and still no luck. I even tried giving different details (except name, DOB, PAN), still no luck.

So, now I have decided to call customer care and ask them to this card. When they ask reason, I will say this card is stopping me from getting other cards, ao please close it.

I will add what you said - split limit basis (but I guess they will say the same 'it can be applied through Airtel app only')
Not true what they say or the policy might have changed
Earlier it used to get done.

when you applied with your details in airtel app, what message it showing?

directly rejecting or something else?
After clicking submit, it will count down from 240 seconds to ~204 seconds and will show this error (image in the original post in this link) https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/airtel-axis-card-application-issue.7238/

Many face this issue and still no root cause and work around.
Send mail to PNO and ask them either upgrade fk to one of these cards or new card.
I will try this before requesting to close the card.
Pre-approved cards will only show when you have a bank account with them. Otherwise some MRCode error will show in that page and tell you that your account type is not supported.

So, if I close my FK Axis (my only relationship with Axis) and apply for Ace/Airtel after 180 days for worst case, will I be still considered under "existing relationship customer"?
To make it simple.. I too had FK before..
Closed it somewhere in May..
I applied for Axis Airtel thru Airtel app and got it approved yesterday..
So by closing FK, you will definitely get Axis Airtel

After clicking submit, it will count down from 240 seconds to ~204 seconds and will show this error (image in the original post in this link) https://www.technofino.in/community/threads/airtel-axis-card-application-issue.7238/

Many face this issue and still no root cause and work around.

I will try this before requesting to close the card.

Pre-approved cards will only show when you have a bank account with them. Otherwise some MRCode error will show in that page and tell you that your account type is not supported.
And Airtel never shows up for anyone in this pre-approved section. Ace does.

And Airtel never shows up for anyone in this pre-approved section. Ace does.

One more option, try changing details as per CIBIL and PAN in airtel app and try again.

Just giving you option, no idea will it work or not (based on similar incidents like this with RBL Zomato cards which worked with this method).

• Hehe
Back