• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Closing all sort of relationship with a bank

CyberPsych

TF Ace
If I close all sorts of accounts (savings, current, credit, loan, etc accounts) with a specific bank, will they delete all my data from their servers? If yes, how long it will take?

If I apply for a credit card or load after, say 180 days, will I be considered as a new customer or customer with existing relationship because there is history of relationship?

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
Okay do this , in this order…

1) close your FK card immediately I.e tomorrow..
It’s a waste card anyway that too you have it as paid

2) open a liberty sb account online tomorrow itself..

3) wait for pre approved offers. You would most likely get them in around 1 month..

apply thru Airtel app, you will get it definitely…

Before closing FK, take any axis basic core card thru CC .. this will definitely help you in getting Airtel card
panda bhai MBBS 's prescription. What if your medicines don't work?

the_dark_knight

TF Ace
Contributor
750*4+500*11+1000*1-17.7*4-354=9075rs per year

Will be the benifit with liberty 🗽 account.
Saw the liberty thread...
I think 750*4 is the only practical benefit here ... which doesn't have any merchant restriction as such, so assuming cc bill payment would work.

This 500*11 is not at all a lucrative offer even if it is 5% cashback up to 500 on selected categories. What are credit cards useful for then? Enough competition in the market for this.
Plus the added headche for meeting the monthly milestone as well to waiver the nmc fee
For someone not having credit cards or only a few of them, this account could be beneficial.

CyberPsych

TF Ace
do wallet transfers etc for 60k in a quarter, you will get 750 GV..
So, if I load 25K to Amazon/Mobikwik wallet per month (75k per quarter) with the provided Axis debit card (thus no conv. fee) and then transfer it again to bank from wallet, it is taken into consideration and I can get both NMC waiver and ₹750 per quarter? I don't think so, this is easy. I am missing something.

NShah

TF Legend
Contributor
So, if I load 25K to Amazon/Mobikwik wallet per month (75k per quarter) with the provided Axis debit card (thus no conv. fee) and then transfer it again to bank from wallet, it is taken into consideration and I can get both NMC waiver and ₹750 per quarter? I don't think so, this is easy. I am missing something.
Y e s
Bahut Simple formula hai
Also CC bill payments and UPI payments to merchant

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Wallet loads using DC count towards both the milestones

Pankhuri

TF Ace
Before closing FK, take any axis basic core card thru CC .. this will definitely help you in getting Airtel card
Have a core card with Axis and with enough limit to qualify for magnus upgrade, still not getting anywhere in airtel app for airtel card. Anything I can do to change odds in my favor? Don't have a banking relationship with axis.

Pankhuri

TF Ace
Wallet to bank transfer don't attract any fee? If true then this account is a really good prospect. Haven't used any wallets so have no idea how much money rotation b/w wallet and bank cost.

CyberPsych

TF Ace
Wallet to bank transfer don't attract any fee? If true then this account is a really good prospect. Haven't used any wallets so have no idea how much money rotation b/w wallet and bank cost.
Credit card to wallet has convience fee. Debit card or UPI to wallet has no charges. AFAIK, PayZapp wallet is the only thing that charges to transfer from wallet to bank (though wallet loading is free of charge in PayZapp)

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
When done excessively by everyone , axis may exclude wallet loads as an eligible item for both the milestones .. I am not worried anyway

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Credit card to wallet has convience fee. Debit card or UPI to wallet has no charges. AFAIK, PayZapp wallet is the only thing that charges to transfer from wallet to bank (though wallet loading is free of charge in PayZapp)
That is why Paytm removed DC loading option for some../ others also may follow the same path in future

Heisenberg37

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
If I close all sorts of accounts (savings, current, credit, loan, etc accounts) with a specific bank, will they delete all my data from their servers? If yes, how long it will take?

If I apply for a credit card or load after, say 180 days, will I be considered as a new customer or customer with existing relationship because there is history of relationship?
Yes they save your cust id for 10 years ( for HDFC)
Most likely all banks do the same

simplegarv

TF Premier
VIP Lounge

No, as per the government rules and regulations banks are required to hold the data for 3 years and the banks retains the data of Customer ID for forever.

rohant

TF Premier
Before knowing about credit cards, I applied for FK Axis (paid). Now GPay Ace application shows me "you already have a relationship with Axis, please apply from website". Atleast this can be acquired by a savings account and pre-approved offer.

For Airtel axis, no matter what method I try, it shows incorrect information at the end. I guess they are checking against my PAN and throw this error because I have existing relationship. My cousin and one of my friend applied for it (they don't have any relationship with Axis) and got it through. So, if I close my FK Axis (my only relationship with Axis) and apply for Ace/Airtel after 180 days for worst case, will I be still considered under "existing relationship customer"?
I dont think we (who do not have relationship with Axis i.e. saving A/C) have any customer id with them; only some temporary id.